My First RMT Black OU team

Ok, so this is my first black and white team, i have put alot of effort into making this team so any help is greatly appreciated.

Firstly i wanted to make a sandstorm team, and i really like some of the new pokemon and abilities that are around, so here goes

Hippo (hippowdon) @ leftovers
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252HP/72Def/184SpDef
Nature: Impish
- Earthquake
- Slack off
- Ice Fang??
- Stealth rocks

Well the first one is a given, hippowdon sets up stealth rocks and sandstorm and can sometimes kill a pokemon due to its awesome defensive side, im willing to change this to a tyranitar but i just like this guy more, and in my personal experience its much harder to deal with than t-tar. Leftovers is there for some handy recovery

Second

Ferrothorn @ Rocky helmet??
Ability: Iron Barbs
EV's: 252Hp/48def/208sp def
Nature relaxed
IV: 0 speed
-leech seed
-spikes
-gyro ball
-power whip

Yes im using a ferrothorn, a pretty standard set aswell, i know its very common but i love it, if a team isnt fully prepared for it he can run all over them, set up leech seed then layers of spikes and and wall! With rocky helmet i can switch him into a U-turner or any move i know he can take well and combined with iron barbs the pokemon gets a nasty 30% damage (im pretty sure its 30%, although i could be wrong) I have used him on teams that had nothing really to combat it and he tore them apart, he himself took out 3 pokemon and got leech seed on the forth. He does have a great weakness to fire but if im expecting a will-o-wisp or a fire move, or even a fighting for that matter, i switch into my revenge killer

Chandelure @ choice scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252Sp Atk/252Speed/4Def
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Hidden Power: ice?

Another very common pokemon, but for a great reason its good at what it does, switch in on a fire move and get a freee boost and start sweeping, it works great with ferrothorn countering its 2 major weaknesses, im a little unsure on the moveset as i have had a bit of trouble with him lately but it usually works fine, fire and ghost for STAB and Hidden power ice for dragon's, flyings and gliscor and psychic for any fighting types im having trouble with

Next whats a sandstorm team without

Excadrill @ Air Ballon(im a bit over this as it never really does what i intend it to)
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252Atk/252Speed/4Hp
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance
-Rapid Spin

Do i even have to explain this?? Come in after the sandstorm and sweep, if im lucky enough to get 1 or very rarely 2 swords dances in this thing is unstopable unless you have something with mach punch. I dont know what to put as an item though, i was thinking of choice banding it as it would be very unexpected and it has a great attack and access to some pretty deadly moves

Hitmontop @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Tecnician
Nature: Adamant
EV's:200Hp/252Atk/52Def
-Fake out
-Mach Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Rest

This thing is amazing, after a fake out and mach punch it can take out a n Excadrill which posses a threat to me as i am running a sandstorm team, i am thinking of trading suckerpunch for close combat but i havnt seen the need to as this guy usually tears people apart, the set is very simple get as many hits as possible in then rest up and then start again, and due to the fact i am running a sandstorm team he is very important

The last slot was the hardest but i eventually went with

Celebi@ leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EV's: 126Hp/126Def/252Sp Atck/4Speed (really need help with the ev spread)
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Psychic
-Recover

This guy is really helpfull, because i am running a sandstorm team there are always ground and rock threats, this guy usually takes care of them without any hesitation, saying that i do need alot of help with him, sometimes he does his job and lasts for a while and other times he is taken out rather easily, help would be greatly appreciated on this guy

So this is my team i have raised them all legit and breed them all, it wasnt an easy task but this is who i have chosen, as much feedback as possible would be gratly appreciated.

On a side note i also had one more pokemon in mind for the last slot he is

Galvantula @ Choice Specs
Ability: Compound eyes
Nature: Timid
EV's: 4HP/252SpAtck/252Speed
-Volt swich
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Hidden power: Ice

I have subbed him in for a few of my pokemon and he is usually great as a scout and even a sweeper, but i dont know weather to permanantly swich him for a slot in my team, let me know what you think

Leftovers on Ferrothorn, always. Choice Scarf is pretty standard for Chandelure, but you are better off with a more defensive spread if you want to be Calm Minding. Also consider that you’ve lost 50% of your HP if you use Sub and switch into Stealth Rock - which is why Chandelure is do more of a hit-and-run attacker anyway.
Hitmontop is okay, but you’re going to get walled by Gliscor pretty bad, as it commonly carries Sub/Protect and can stall out your Sucker Punches, as es Sub/Painsplit Gengar. Consider Bullet Punch over Fake Out. Other than Sucker Punch, (fake out is fairly useless outside of breaking focus sashes on anything but Ambipom), Hitmontop seems outclasses by Breloom, who boasts better speed, significantly higher attack, and as always, Spore.
Gavantula looks solid. Use that moveset if you want to use him, Celebi looks kinda messy. Item should reflect its role, which at the moment seems like bulky staller, and leftovers is best.

Leftovers on Ferrothorn, always. Choice Scarf is pretty standard for Chandelure, but you are better off with a more defensive spread if you want to be Calm Minding. Also consider that you’ve lost 50% of your HP if you use Sub and switch into Stealth Rock - which is why Chandelure is do more of a hit-and-run attacker anyway.
Hitmontop is okay, but you’re going to get walled by Gliscor pretty bad, as it commonly carries Sub/Protect and can stall out your Sucker Punches, as es Sub/Painsplit Gengar. Consider Bullet Punch over Fake Out. Other than Sucker Punch, (fake out is fairly useless outside of breaking focus sashes on anything but Ambipom), Hitmontop seems outclasses by Breloom, who boasts better speed, significantly higher attack, and as always, Spore.
Gavantula looks solid. Use that moveset if you want to use him, Celebi looks kinda messy. Item should reflect its role, which at the moment seems like bulky staller, and leftovers is best.
Thanks for the solid advice, but i like to keep fake out on my hitmontop because after a fake out and mach punch it will always kill a standars excadrill, and if not countered quickly he can destroy my team, however i might start running breloom he seems like a great addition to the team

Breloom @ Life Orb
Technician
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Will breloom 100% OHKO a standard excadril?
According to a cheap calculator over here, Mach Punch will hit Excadrill for 420~500 dmg, since Excadrill has +- 360 HP you have your OHKO. Plus that Breloom has Ground and Rock resistances, so the standard Excadrill will use X-scissor which deals an amount between 120 and 140 dmg.

According to a cheap calculator over here, Mach Punch will hit Excadrill for 330~388 dmg, since Excadrill has +- 360 HP yours odds to OHKO him are quite good. Plus that Breloom has Ground and Rock resistances, so the standard Excadrill will use X-scissor which deals an amount between 120 and 140 dmg
Thanks heaps for the reply, ill be sure to try him out, anything else you think i can fix?

hey i think that instead of celebi you should use a bulky water of some sort because him and ferrothorn have a comme fire weakness and that could be really bad if your chandelure goes down. im suggesting you should use swampert, quagsire, or jellicent. jellicent is really good because he has excellent synergy with ferrothorn

I believe that a Choice Scarf Chandelure kills most of your team.

Timid Choice Scarf Chandelure 252 Spd / 252 Spa / 4 HP

Sp Atk 389
Speed 426

It can outspeed your entire team with the only exception of Excadrill IN a Sandstorm (Adamant Nature on Exca, 'cause Jolly is quite useless)

Speed tier:

Adamant Air Balloon Excadrill in a Sandstorm: 550
Timid Choice Scarf Chandelure: 426
Timid Choice Specs Galvantula: 346
Timid Choice Specs Chandelure: 284
Adamant Air Balloon Excadrill: 275
Bold Leftovers Celebi: 237
Adamant Chesto Berry Hitmontop : 176
Impish Leftovers Hippowdon: 130
Sassy Leftovers Ferrothorn: 69

The Timid Choice Scarf Chandelure against each one of your team using Flamethrower or Fireblast

Hippowdon:
Flamethrower: 1-hit: 42,89%~49,52% 2HKO: 0,00%
Fireblast: 1-hit: 52,86%~62,38% 2HKO: 99,41%
Ferrothorn:
Flamethrower: 1-hit: 129,55%~153,41%
Chandelure:
Flamethrower: 1-hit: 35,25%~41,38%
Fireblast: 1-hit: 44,44%~52,49% 2HKO: 16,24% (100% if sandstorm is on lol)
Excadrill:
Flamethrower: 132,60%~156,35%
Hitmontop:
Flamethrower: 53,61%~63,23% 2HKO: 100,00%
Celebi:
Flamethrower: 90,86%~106,99% 2HKO: 100.00%
Fire Blast: 114,52%~135,48%
Galvantula:
Flamethrower: 180,95%~212,77%

I believe that a Choice Scarf Chandelure kills most of your team.

Timid Choice Scarf Chandelure 252 Spd / 252 Spa / 4 HP

Sp Atk 389
Speed 426

It can outspeed your entire team with the only exception of Excadrill IN a Sandstorm (Adamant Nature on Exca, 'cause Jolly is quite useless)

Speed tier:

Adamant Air Balloon Excadrill in a Sandstorm: 550
Timid Choice Scarf Chandelure: 426
Timid Choice Specs Galvantula: 346
Timid Choice Specs Chandelure: 284
Adamant Air Balloon Excadrill: 275
Bold Leftovers Celebi: 237
Adamant Chesto Berry Hitmontop : 176
Impish Leftovers Hippowdon: 130
Sassy Leftovers Ferrothorn: 69

The Timid Choice Scarf Chandelure against each one of your team using Flamethrower or Fireblast

Hippowdon:
Flamethrower: 1-hit: 42,89%~49,52% 2HKO: 0,00%
Fireblast: 1-hit: 52,86%~62,38% 2HKO: 99,41%
Ferrothorn:
Flamethrower: 1-hit: 129,55%~153,41%
Chandelure:
Flamethrower: 1-hit: 35,25%~41,38%
Fireblast: 1-hit: 44,44%~52,49% 2HKO: 16,24% (100% if sandstorm is on lol)
Excadrill:
Flamethrower: 132,60%~156,35%
Hitmontop:
Flamethrower: 53,61%~63,23% 2HKO: 100,00%
Celebi:
Flamethrower: 90,86%~106,99% 2HKO: 100.00%
Fire Blast: 114,52%~135,48%
Galvantula:
Flamethrower: 180,95%~212,77%
OK, i have considered this but my chandelure can always OHKO any specs chandelure with Shadowball and the calclations you showed werent true considering my chandelure has flash fire, meaning no fire moves hurt it plus i get a free boost for my own flamethrower or overheat, and rarely my hitmontop can ohko with suckerpunch and if it doesnt the sandstorm will take care of it, so really its no major threat in my opinion.

The point here is more "How weak is your team to fire" than "How Choice Scarf Chandelure than rip you off". As someone already noted, your team is weak to fire and i just gave an actual example of it. As he already suggested, you might want to exchange your Celebi to some bulky water like Rotom-W.

The point here is more "How weak is your team to fire" than "How Choice Scarf Chandelure than rip you off". As someone already noted, your team is weak to fire and i just gave an actual example of it. As he already suggested, you might want to exchange your Celebi to some bulky water like Rotom-W.
Well just from experience, i have tried this team out many times online, and fire pokemon usually pose no threat to me, if my ferrothorn is out they will generally switch into a fire and with my stealth rocks up and usually a few layers of spikes it will cause quite considerable damage, then i can easily predict the fire and switch into chandelure forcing them to switch out, and my 2 grounds easily take care of pretty much every fire pokemon i have come up against excadrill outspeeds anything in sandstorms, hippowdon takes care of ninetales usually which is the only fire pokemon i have ever had trouble with, my main concern from online battling is bulky waters and grounds which either galvantula or celebi can usually take care of, fire pokemon are the least of my concerns (from experience)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)