ORAS UU My first RMT ( Froslass + Jellicent HO )

Hello people what's up I lurked the most time on the forums and just read what other people has posted but I now decided to post an RMT for a team I have trouble with.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Froslass can set up Spikes to pressure my opponent and it also can take the opponent's Pokemon with Destiny Bond in case it gets knocked off. Taunt is used to prevent hazards from slower Pokemon. And the only move is Icy Wind that is because with Icy Wind I can make something slower before It gets knocked down to its Sash.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

As next we have Jellicent. I only have this Pokemon on my team to spinblock. It might not work good against Blastoise for example but it does spinblock against Forretress for example. Scald as it's only move since getting off the burn on something is just nice. Will-O-Wisp is used to cripple physical attackers in case scald could not burn. This Pokemon checks Mega Aerodactyl which is as you are going to see a huge threat to my team.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

So Mega Blastoise is the spinner of my team. It has Ice Beam to deal a lot of damage to Grass and Flying
Type Pokemon. Mega Blastoise also checks problematic stuff like Entei or Darmanitan. I am using Aura Sphere over Dark Pulse since it hits Doublade hard enough with Scald anyway and Aura Sphere hits things like Mega Aggron for good damage.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Mienshao Is a wallbreaker of my team. Mienshao's HJK is able to 2KO nearly anything bar ghost's in the tier. I am using Reckless over Regenerator for maximum damage. With Knock Off I have a neutral and strong attack for Pokemon that are trying to switch into this monster. It also gets rid of the Pokemon's item which is huge. U-Turn allows me to grab momentum as my opponent tries to switch in a counter. Stone Edge is used over any other coverage move since I thought Crobat could be problematic.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Baton Pass

Sylveon is another wallbreaker of my team. Sylveon's Hyper Voice deals a lot of damage to everything what does not resist Fairy and it also bypasses Substitute. Next I have Psyshock for Nidoqueen and Nidoking. And Hidden Power Fire is used for things like Specially defensive Foretress or even the rare Escavalier.

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Krookodile is the rocker of the team. I am using Life Orb over Dread Plate because I wanted as much power as possible. I thought Empoleon would be an Issue that is why I have Superpower on this set. Next up I used this Krookodile as a rocker because Krookodile forces a lot of switches because of Intimidate and of his hard hitting attacks. Krookodile is also a good switch in for things like physically defensive Chesnaught.

I would very much appreciate your rate for this team. :) I am sorry because my language wasn't perfect since I do not write a lot of english in a regular basis. Please don't blame me for that.

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude, I like your team just a few optimisations I could add here and there.

-First off in this ugly banded krook meta one of the best ways to use Jellicent is to block out most fightings as well as burn the croc himself trying to dish out knocks.
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Scald
- Recover

• The spread allows you out speed standard florges as well as defensive queen preventing the placement of hazards on your side of the field, as well as shutting down clerics.
  • Colbur allows you to tank knocks from krook and cripple it by burning it and hopefully preventing future heal bells from the clerics with taunt.
-Next thing I would like to bring up is the lack of overall speed on your team making you very weak to mons like celebi, heliolisk, and SD iron tail absol. In order to somewhat fix these weaknesses I would recommend doing a few set changes to your team in mienshao and sylveon

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

• This shao set will at least offer you the chance to scare out np celebi or revenge it give or take while also offering your team some overall speed to protect yourself from boosted threats.
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Psyshock / Shadow ball
- Baton Pass

• This sylveon set will allow you to pressure a opponents, as well as punish people for spinning by passing off CMs to blastoise for example or even jellicent for a bulky tank if need be.
  • It seems everyone does their own thing with the move options but pick it based on what you feel like you lose to more often if you do decide to use this set.

-Last thing I would recommend is a change to your krook set to punish people a bit more for attempting to spin on you if you do end up losing jellicent by running a rocky helmet krook:

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower / Taunt

• This makes mons like forre incapable of keeping rocks off the side of the field if they try to pull the "ill spin till I die" routine since spinning on a mon with a rocky helmet upon death will cause the hazards to stay on the field.
  • Its also better to keep your krook healthier by not using a life orb since besides jelli who is quite soft this is your only other real check to mons like aero.
  • Taunt will also of course let you prevent defogs or hazard placement on your side of the field.
I hope my advice helps dude. Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)