My First RMT (Gen V)

So, I've been playing pokemon for a few years now, and play with some of my friends. Now I want to take it to the next level. I thought the upcoming new generation would be perfect for this, and so after doing some research, this is what I have come up with...

move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Stone edge
move 4: ThunderPunch
item: Focus Sash
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
This guy sets up the sandstorms for doryuzuu, negates drought/drizzle and often forces a switch, giving it the chance to use dragon dance, before attempting to sweep the opponent. Crunch hits the psychics and ghosts, whith stone edge for fire, bug, and flying. T-punch hits waters and fightings. The Focus sash ensures he can get in a dragon dance, so that he can outspeed an opponent, or revenge kill an opponent.

move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Flamethrower
item: Life Orb
ability: Flash Fire
evs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
nature: Timid
This guy can switch in on fire attacks for a nice boost, force a switch and then substitute. after that, he can set up a calm mind, or attack. I find he can dish out some pain even without calm mind. Shadow ball hits psychics that kill rooposhin, and flamethrower kills grasses that try and kill my ground types. I have noticed that he has a hard time setting up substitutes, or that once they go up, they get dismantled before I can get up a calm mind, so he might be too fast. I might change his nature to timid and switch the Hp and Speed EVs.

move 1: Butterfly Dance
move 2: Flame Dance
move 3: Bug Buzz
move 4: Morning Sun
item: Leftovers
abitily: Flame Body
evs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
This guy has the defenses to get some butterfly dances and often forces a switch. He then can attack, or morning sun off any damage. Leftovers also neutralizes sandstorm damage if tyranitar has been out already. He switches in on ninetails nicely, or grasses that try to stall it out. His flamebody also foils many physical sweepers, and bug buzz helps to kill psychics trying to kill roopushin, or set up a tick room. Doryuzuu usualy has to rapid spin away stealth rocks for him, unless I lead with him.

name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Rapid Spin
item: Balloon
ability: Sand force?
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
He Works with Tyranitar to get a speed boost. he then can clear away any entry hazards on my field (and helps Uglamoth get in). Earthquake hits fires, rocks steels (other doryuzuu). rock slide hits flying types. I havent yet been able to set up a sword dance, so I might drop it. He
He's never yet been outspeed in the sand, so he makes a nice revenge killer. He also usually forces a switch, so he can rapid spin.

name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Mach Punch
move 4: Payback
item: Expert Belt
ability: Guts
nature: Adamant
evs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
This guy clears away threats like doryuzuu with mach punch. drain punch helps for recovery. Bulk up usualy get used on the first turn, (usualy lead with him.) while the opponent switches, then I mach punch what ever they send out. Payback dosent see much use, as he usualy switches when he sees a psychic or ghost. If he switches into toxic he also gets a boost from guts. Mach punch can hit enemy doryuzuu, or other rock, steel or ground types nicely. He often ends up asleep or paralyzed so I might switch his expert belt for a lum berry.

name: Standard
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Power Whip
nature: Sassy
item: Shed Shell
evs: 252 HP / 248 SpDef / 8 Def

This guy mainly just takes out waters and grounds the other guys hate. Leech seed gives him some recovery, and spikes is always usefull. gyro ball hasent seen much use yet, so protect might work better. I may just drop this guy, although he does lure fire atacks with his typing, so that shanderra gets a boost.

So, what do you think? I apologize if this is a noob team, its my first "competitve" team. Thanks in advance!

So, I've been playing pokemon for a few years now, and play with some of my friends. Now I want to take it to the next level. I thought the upcoming new generation would be perfect for this, and so after doing some research, this is what I have come up with...

move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Stone edge
move 4: ThunderPunch
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
This guy sets up the sandstorms for doryuzuu, negates drought/drizzle and often forces a switch, giving it the chance to use dragon dance, before attempting to sweep the opponent. Crunch hits the psychics and ghosts, whith stone edge for fire, bug, and flying. T-punch hits waters and fightings. The Focus sash ensures he can get in a dragon dance, so that he can outspeed an opponent, or revenge kill an opponent.
Alright, sounds fine to me. Have you considered that if they start off with a slower abomasnow w/a sash, they can have you done with a Focus Blast? It still seems okay.

move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Flamethrower
item: Life Orb
ability: Flash Fire
evs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
This guy can switch in on fire attacks for a nice boost, force a switch and then substitute. after that, he can set up a calm mind, or attack. I find he can dish out some pain even without calm mind. Shadow ball hits psychics that kill rooposhin, and flamethrower kills grasses that try and kill my ground types. I have noticed that he has a hard time setting up substitutes, or that once they go up, they get dismantled before I can get up a calm mind, so he might be too fast. I might change his nature to timid and switch the Hp and Speed EVs.
Without shadow tag to trap and set-up on things like Blissey or Chansey, I wouldn't think that this thing could set up easily. Why not run a Scarf set?
Soul Spark @ Choice Scarf (Flash Fire)
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power Fighting

move 4: Morning Sun
This guy has the defenses to get some butterfly dances and often forces a switch. He then can attack, or morning sun off any damage. Leftovers also neutralizes sandstorm damage if tyranitar has been out already. He switches in on ninetails nicely, or grasses that try to stall it out. His flamebody also foils many physical sweepers, and bug buzz helps to kill psychics trying to kill roopushin, or set up a tick room. Doryuzuu usualy has to rapid spin away stealth rocks for him, unless I lead with him.
Morning Sun isn't going to do ANYTHING for you in the sand. Also, why are you running two fire types on a SS team, or, at all? Sorry if that sounds rude, but I'm just a bit curious. Also, why leftovers? It just cancels out the SS damage, so it isn't doing much.

name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
ability: Sand force?
He Works with Tyranitar to get a speed boost. he then can clear away any entry hazards on my field (and helps Uglamoth get in). Earthquake hits fires, rocks steels (other doryuzuu). rock slide hits flying types. I havent yet been able to set up a sword dance, so I might drop it.
He's never yet been outspeed in the sand, so he makes a nice revenge killer. He also usually forces a switch, so he can rapid spin.

How would this thing be able to set up a SD with a trollish 301 speed? You should try Sand Rush to get a nice 369 Atk. and 602 Spe. Eh, baloons okay, but you have sub-average coverage with just Earthquake and Rock Slide. Since your team will definetley need to drop a fire type, which will allow you to run Brick Break OR X-Scossor for superior coverage, hitting most things for Super Effective or Neutral coverage.

This guy clears away threats like doryuzuu with mach punch. drain punch helps for recovery. Bulk up usualy get used on the first turn, (usualy lead with him.) while the opponent switches, then I mach punch what ever they send out. Payback dosent see much use, as he usualy switches when he sees a psychic or ghost. If he switches into toxic he also gets a boost from guts. Mach punch can hit enemy doryuzuu, or other rock, steel or ground types nicely. He often ends up asleep or paralyzed so I might switch his expert belt for a lum berry.
Wouldn't that render Guts or Lum Berry redundant? If you get a boost from status, clearing it would just make Roobushin sad. Try Flame Orb for a quick boost. If you don't like this, you could use Encourage for extra power and the ability to run Leftovers (I know I said it's redundant in SS, but it helps a BULKY attacker like Roobushin more than you'd think.

name: Standard
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Power Whip
nature: Sassy
item: Shed Shell
evs: 252 HP / 248 SpDef / 8 Def

This guy mainly just takes out waters and grounds the other guys hate. Leech seed gives him some recovery, and spikes is always usefull. gyro ball hasent seen much use yet, so protect might work better. I may just drop this guy, although he does lure fire atacks with his typing, so that shanderra gets a boost.

Hmm, sounds good, although if this is against your friends as you said earlier, Magnezone and Shadow Tag Shanderaa will hardly be a problem. I'd suggest either Rugged Helmet to hurt Physical attackers in exchange for your lower Def, or Lefties for more recovery.

So, what do you think? I apologize if this is a noob team, its my first "competitve" team. Thanks in advance!
No problem! I remember when I was new I tried to run a randomly trained team of Rayquaza, Flygon, Swampert, Metagross, Torterra, and Electivire with random everything cause I thought they were unstoppable! You seem to be off to a good start though. Welcome to Smogon!

E: Oh, and sorry if I started off a bit strong. That's just criticizm in the Smogon world.

Thanks! I redid my team, and I know it still needs work, trying to make it more balenced, but here it is:

Eruffun
name: Support
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Stun Spore
nature: Bold
ability: Mischievous Heart
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
I lead with this guy to spread around some status. since its Mischievous Heart lets it hit first, I can paralyze what they send out, and then hopefully they will be paralyzed. With that he can get up a sub and if they switch, toxic stall them. His Taunt also negates anoying entry hazards. He's been working a lot better than some other pokes (natterori).

Hipowdon
name: Physical Wall
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Slack Off
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Roar
item: Focus sash

ability: Sand Stream
nature: Impish

Provides sand support for doryuzuu, in adition to setting up stealth rocks and then roaring to spread around the damage. His bulk makes him a nice wall and he has access to rest. Focus sash is surprisingly helpful, allowing him a turn to set up rocks.

Uglamoth
name: Bulky Butterfly Dancer
move 4: Wild Bolt

I ditched morning sun since I never used it. Expert belt helps him hit things even harder after the butterfly dance that he easily gets off thanks to his bulk. I like flame dance for accuracy. Wild bolt hits water counters. I prefere it to shanderra for its bulk, and after butterfly dance the atk. difference is irrelevant.

Robbushin
item: Life orb

I like this guy as he is a reliable revenge killer. After he switches in, he can bulk up with his dfenses. I gave him life orb so he can hit harder, as I forgot expert belt only boost super effective hits. Drain punch gives him some recovery, and after bulk up, his defenses are good enough that he makes a decent wall.

Burungeru
name: Utility Counter
move 1: Boiling Water
move 2: Recover
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Lum berry
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe

I use this guy as a kind of wall. He has nice defenses and a recovery move. He also protects himself on the physical side with will-o-wisp. Lum berry protects against paralysis, burn, or toxic which are all very anoying. Ice beam hits grounds grasses, and dragons.

Doryuuzu
move 1: Aerial ace

ability: sand rush

Gets coverage from hippowdon. Rapid spins rocks, and spikes. I still like baloon for protection. Eearth quake gets STAB, and rock slide hits flyings. Aerial Ace hits grasses. He can usually sweep half the opponents team, especcialy if eruffun has cripled them with paralysis to give him a chance against things he dosen't kill right away.

So what do you think needs to be changed?

Don't post your changes down here, just edit your original post. Let's take a look.

Tell me why the hell Ulgamoth has Wild Bolt? That's a physical move, it doesn't benefit from Butterfly Dance whatsoever. Use HP Electric if you REALLY want to, but STAB Bug Buzz should be fine enough after some boosts. HP Rock or Ground is what you really want though.

Yeah sorry but with Sand and Life Orb your Roopushin isn't going to last NEARLY as long as you expect it will, even with Drain Punch. Use Leftovers.

No Sword Dance on Dory? You're not going to hit anywhere near hard enough. Get rid of Aerial Ace.

The main problem is you're not using enough pokemon that benefit from sand. Only Dory. At least get a Jirachi, Landlos, Gliscor, Scizor or something in there that doesn't mind sand. Or at the VERY least, save Hippowdon for near the end after Roopushin and Ulgamoth have had a chance to sweep without hindering weather. But really, it seems like you just wanted something to make sand and use Dory, then you threw on whatever else you liked individually without really think whether or not they thrive in Sand.

Thanks! I redid my team, and I know it still needs work, trying to make it more balenced, but here it is:

Eruffun
name: Support
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Stun Spore
nature: Bold
ability: Mischievous Heart
I lead with this guy to spread around some status. since its Mischievous Heart lets it hit first, I can paralyze what they send out, and then hopefully they will be paralyzed. With that he can get up a sub and if they switch, toxic stall them. His Taunt also negates anoying entry hazards. He's been working a lot better than some other pokes (natterori).

You might want to run a speed boosting nature to "out-speed" Murkrow, Sableye, Boruturusu, and at least tie with, if not outspeed, other Eruufun to hit them with Stun Spore/Taunt/Toxic.

Hipowdon
name: Physical Wall
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Slack Off
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Roar
item: Focus sash
ability: Sand Stream
nature: Impish
Provides sand support for doryuzuu, in adition to setting up stealth rocks and then roaring to spread around the damage. His bulk makes him a nice wall and he has access to rest. Focus sash is surprisingly helpful, allowing him a turn to set up rocks.

Mmmm, no problems from what I can tell. If you want, you could run Ice Fang over Roar if something like Gliscor Taunts you, and your stuck with Earthquake.

Uglamoth
name: Bulky Butterfly Dancer
move 4: Wild Bolt
I ditched morning sun since I never used it. Expert belt helps him hit things even harder after the butterfly dance that he easily gets off thanks to his bulk. I like flame dance for accuracy. Wild bolt hits water counters. I prefere it to shanderra for its bulk, and after butterfly dance the atk. difference is irrelevant.
I don't think Wild Bolt will do anything with his rather shallow attacking stat of 140. Expert Belt might not do to well, seeing as you don't have much coverage, and Wild Bolt isn't gonna' do much without heavy attack investment. I'd suggest replacing it with Psychic to hit fighting and poison types like Roobushin, Gengar, Dageki(whichever one is blue), Hitmontop, Tentacruel, and others fo Super Effective damage if you want to run Expert Belt. Also, why the EVs? It's not really going to be taking physical attacks any better. A standard 4/252/252 will make him a much better sweeper.

Robbushin
item: Life orb
I like this guy as he is a reliable revenge killer. After he switches in, he can bulk up with his dfenses. I gave him life orb so he can hit harder, as I forgot expert belt only boost super effective hits. Drain punch gives him some recovery, and after bulk up, his defenses are good enough that he makes a decent wall.

You should probably run Flame Orb over Life Orb as a protection from bad status like Sleep and Frost (whatever you want to call it. "Freeze" definetley doesn't sound right), while it gives you an easy power boost.

Burungeru
name: Utility Counter
move 1: Boiling Water
move 2: Recover
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Lum berry
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe

I use this guy as a kind of wall. He has nice defenses and a recovery move. He also protects himself on the physical side with will-o-wisp. Lum berry protects against paralysis, burn, or toxic which are all very anoying. Ice beam hits grounds grasses, and dragons.
Sounds good. What are you trying to do with the extra speed and defense boosts? Without the SpD investments, it's not going to be able to work as well, while WoW helps your defense. Try 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD, or something more Specially based, like, 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD.

Doryuuzu
move 1: Aerial ace
ability: sand rush

Gets coverage from hippowdon. Rapid spins rocks, and spikes. I still like baloon for protection. Earthquake gets STAB, and rock slide hits flyings. Aerial Ace hits grasses. He can usually sweep half the opponents team, especcialy if eruffun has cripled them with paralysis to give him a chance against things he dosen't kill right away.
This is about as good as it can be. My only concern is Aerial Ace. X-Scissor provides far superior coverage. See here...

EQ/RS/AA-Rock/Steel/Grass/Bug/Fighting/Poison/Flying/Fire

EQ/RS/XS-Rock/Steel/Fire/Poison/Flying/Bug/Pyschic/Dark
/Grass

8 vs. 9__Not TOO big a difference, but hitting things like Rankurusu, Sazandora, and neutral damage on things like Bronzong is a lot more important than hitting things like Heracross, Denchura, Pendora, Urugamosu (the latter three being weak to rock slide), and x4 on Breloom. You also keeps your hope that "Aerial Ace hits Grasses) since X-Scissor still hits them AND has greater BP.

So what do you think needs to be changed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)