My first RMT, looking for advice.

I'm working towards building this team in-game, but only Volcarona is 100% done, so I'm open to suggestions.

Mamoswine
-Ice Shard
-Endeavor
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
Natue: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

I was looking for a solid lead to set up Stealth Rock. Mamoswine sets up rocks, or if their lead is aggressive, uses Endeavor to get their lead out of the way. Once he's done his job of either crippling their lead or setting up rocks, Mamoswine will usually be switched out, possibly to return and wreck havoc on something it's good against later.

Volcarona
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Fiery Dance
-Psychic
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

I really wanted to use Volcarona on my team, because quite frankly, the bugger is awesome. That monstrous special attack and good coverage with its STAB moves make it an annoyance to opponents. Psychic would be Hidden Power Ice or Electric if it wasn't such a time-consuming task breeding for the right IVs (remember that I'm building this in-game, and this one is already trained). At least I hit Conkeldurr hard.

Scizor
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Roost
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD

Scizor fills the role of a bulky and powerful tank that can heal, being the only Pokemon on my team that doesn't really need Wish support from Vaporeon. The EV spread makes sure he can take hits, while still punching holes in the opposing team with Bullet Punch and Bug Bite. Speaking of Bug Bite, the other consideration is Superpower, but I opted in favor of Bug Bite so as to avoid the attack and defense drops.

Hydreigon
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Surf
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Hydreigon and its crazy high special attack after the specs boost make it good at taking down just about anything but the most dedicated of special walls. Dual dragon moves give me the option to do one powerful hit before I switch out, or to hit hard multiple times if their steel Pokemon are out of the way. Flamethrower and Surf finish the move set to give me good super effective coverage.

Vaporeon
-Wish
-Protect
-Scald
-Roar
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Though this team is full of bulky attackers, I figured Vaporeon would be necessary to fill the role of an actual wall. Wish/Protect allows Vaporeon to heal itself while dealing some damage with Scald. The most important part, though, is Wish passing onto my Pokemon that need the healing. Hydreigon in particular appreciates the healing so it can keep coming in and hitting hard.

Conkeldurr
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback / Stone Edge
Ability: Guts
Nature: Brave
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD

Lastly, there's the most common Conkeldurr set. Conkeldurr pumps up with Bulk Up, then hits hard with its STAB fighting moves, of which no other team member has. This is the team member I'm most unsure of, though. I was really hoping for a defensive wall in the last slot, but at the same time, the fighting type coverage really comes in handy.

This team is very bulky overall. It hits the opponent hard while being able to survive many of the opponent's attacks. I have three boosting sweepers, which is actually what I'm concerned about most. I'm kind of afraid Whirlwind and similar moves will wreck me, which is why I was hesitant to put Conkeldurr in. I'd prefer to keep Volcarona, Scizor, and Vaporeon on the team, so if there are suggestions to swap a Pokemon out for something else, I'd prefer it not be those three.

Running Volcarona without Rapid spin is suicide. At half health Volcarona is basically death fodder. You should really consider either a rapid spinner or a different sweeper.

Running Volcarona without Rapid spin is suicide. At half health Volcarona is basically death fodder. You should really consider either a rapid spinner or a different sweeper.
Aye, I figured I was missing something.

Tentacruel seems to slot in nicely, only sharing the electric weakness with Vaporeon. I guess I could replace Conkeldurr and use a set with Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes. My team would have two electric weaknesses, but Mamoswine and Hydreigon can switch into those moves pretty easily. Yeah, that makes sense...

Aye, I figured I was missing something.

Tentacruel seems to slot in nicely, only sharing the electric weakness with Vaporeon. I guess I could replace Conkeldurr and use a set with Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes. My team would have two electric weaknesses, but Mamoswine and Hydreigon can switch into those moves pretty easily. Yeah, that makes sense...
Let me give you the set I've been using with great success. Its not your standard set but here:

Tentacruel @Balloon
Liquid Ooze Bold/Calm
252 hp 252def/252dp.def 4 def/sp.def
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Hail

Ok so either make it more defensive or special defensive depending which works better in conjunction with Vaporeon. Toxic spikes always nice to have up scald for a stab more with a chance to burn steel types like scizor that arent affected by toxic spikes. Obvious rapid spin and hail is neat little move to deal with those pesky weather teams. As hail is the least used weather you'll find it works great. Balloon is so you can setup hail against Excadrill without any problems.

I hope this set helps.

Let me give you the set I've been using with great success. Its not your standard set but here:

Tentacruel @Balloon
Liquid Ooze Bold/Calm
252 hp 252def/252dp.def 4 def/sp.def
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Hail

Ok so either make it more defensive or special defensive depending which works better in conjunction with Vaporeon. Toxic spikes always nice to have up scald for a stab more with a chance to burn steel types like scizor that arent affected by toxic spikes. Obvious rapid spin and hail is neat little move to deal with those pesky weather teams. As hail is the least used weather you'll find it works great. Balloon is so you can setup hail against Excadrill without any problems.

I hope this set helps.
Thanks for that idea, that's actually pretty clever. I think I'll go with the special defense option, seeing as how Vaporeon has a bunch of defense EVs put into it. If it doesn't work I can easily replace it with Hex, Venoshock, or Ice Beam anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)