My First RMT (Sandstream)

This is a team I have been using for ages and it still remains as my best team. As a side note I use this team on DS and less on shoddy. I really like this team as it really works well together the synergy might not be so great though but I tend to win my games with this team. Ill end this boring intro and show the team.

Gliscor@leftovers
Ability:Sand Veil
Nature:Impish
EV:252 HP/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe
Moves
-Earth Quake
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
I chose Gliscor as my lead because he can set up a stealth rock whcih is necessary in the standard metagame. I also chose this set as it works well with sandstorm as Sand Veil boost the evasion by 20%. This pokemon is here mainly as a pokemon who will set up stealth rock then switch to the appropriate pokemon. He is also a fantastic wall breaker but I do not run taunt so the opponent usually expects a taunt but instead will either be smacked in the face by either stone edge or eq. This also allows me a chance to recover with roost. Gliscor really has nice synergy with Empoleon whom you will see soon.
Synergy
Ice-Empoleon,Foretress,Metagross
Water-Empoleon

Hippowdon@Leftovers
Ability:Sand Stream
Nature:Impish
EV:252 HP/ 52 Atk/ 32 Def/ 172 SpDef
Moves
-Curse
-Slack Off
-Earth Quake
-Stone Edge
Ahh the curse hippo I really do like this pokemon, it can either obliterate you or wall you. I like this set as its already above decent stats in Attack and Defense will go up allowing for solid stats in all the stats except speed. The speed drop doesnt matter much as Hippo already has extremely low speeds. This pokemon is here to start up the sand stream allowing the whole pupose of this team to be there. I chose Stone Edge over Ice Fang because Gyarados is quite a huge threat to this team. Slack Off is for the Oh so neccesary recovery and Earthquake for STAB. The EVs make for above average stats in every thing but speed. I find this set can wall many of the common Pokemon in today's metagame bar Starmie.
Synergy
Water-Empoleon
Grass-Foretress,Metagross
Ice-Empoleon,Foretress,Metagross

Empoleon@Petaya Berry
Ability:Torrent
Nature:Modest
EV:12 HP/ 12 Def/ 252 SpA/ 232 Spe
Moves
-Agility
-Substitue
-Surf
-Ice beam
Empoleon such an underrated pokemon. When my friend suggested I use this pokemon I was like Empoleon? It sucks but I tryed it. Boy was I wrong this pokemon has saved my ass more than I can count. I was stunned by its sheer awesomness. This is the standard Agility SubPetaya. Empoleon has very nice synergy with Gliscor and Hippowdon
with nice defensive stats. Although this is meant to sweep which it is very nice at, it can take many many hits and unlike most of my team it is leaning Special Defensively and not Defensively. The EVs have no Sp.def but 12 def but the Sp.def is still higher. Added that Empoleon's great typing allows it to resist many attacks. The strategy is to use Agility then use substitute till your Petaya Berry activates. This means Surf will get massive power as Max special attack + Sp.Atk boost + STAB + Torrents 50% water move boost = Surf on Steroids. Ice beam is chosen to kill those pesky Salamences and Gliscors. I love the steel penguin and the speed boost from agility will make it a defensive sweeper that more often than not cant be stopped after that agility.
Synergy
Fighting-Gliscor
Electric-Gliscor,Hippowdon
Ground-Gliscor

Forretress@Shed Shell
Ability:Sturdy
Nautre:Relaxed
Evs:252 HP/ 90 Atk/ 36 Def/ 132 Sp.Def
Moves
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion
I love the Steel Ball but it is the part of my team that I'm unsure about. Sure its saved me a couple of times but i feel like its just another defensive wall that I really dont need. I like it because it can hit really hard against faster pokemon with Gyro Ball. No fast pokemon likes to be hit with 150 BP STAB from a pokemon with decent attack. Toxic Spikes is in place of spikes because Empoleon loves Toxic spikes support. Rapid Spin is there because it will blow away any entry hazards that may bug the rest of the team. Explosion is there to mainly kill Blissey and any other pokemon that is giving me trouble. The EVs are spread pretty evenly and allow Forretress to survive any medium BP'd Non STAB special attack move. I chose Shed Shell over leftovers because Magnezone will absolutely destroy this thing and since I'm not running Earthquake I will need to switch out. This pokemon is good but if theres 1 pokemon that might need to be switched it would be Forretress.
Synergy
Fire-Tyranitar

Metagross@Life Orb
Ability:Clear Body
Nature:Adamant
EV:112 HP/ 252 Atk/ 12 Def/ 132 Spe
Moves
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Ice punch
Metagross has great defense and attack and can be an absolute sweeper with an agility under his belt. I like Metagross but the moveset isn't working out so well as I already have an Agility user , Empoleon. However Metagross is great and can be used effectively. Agility is there to boost Metagross' rather sub-par speed allowing it to sweep. Meteor Mash is STAB and is powerful plus it can boost its attack which is a huge bonus but the accuracy isn't perfect. Earthquake is another move used to kill any Magnezone that gets over confident or fire types like Infernape who can pose a threat to Metagross, also any other steel types. I chose Ice Punch because, well I'm an ice freak I always like to make sure I can kill Salamence and Gliscor it's jsut my nature and it fit rather nicely with Metagross although I'm not sure it should be there. This Metagross is quite bulky so that it can take a hit then use agility. I do fear bulky waters and Gyarados so let me know if Thunder Punch would be a better option.
Synergy
Ground-Gliscor
Fire-Tyranitar

Tyranitar@Life Orb
Ability:Sand Stream
Nature:Adamant
EV:252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Moves
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Fire Punch

OMG! It's the star of the show. My favorite and in my opinion the best pokemon in the game. If you decide to rate this pokemon please just talk about moves and not items or nature I am dead set on using this set as It is my favorite and it has made me win 90% of the time. This epitome of pwnage packs Dragon Dance to set up its sweep before it absolutely ravages your team. The Dragon Dance will raise Its already godly attack and will boost its average speed alloqing for a sweep. This pokemon has always taken down at least 2 pokemon every time I have used it. Stone Edge and Crunch provide great dual STAB and type coverage. Fire punch is meant to deal with Scizor who is quite annoying and wont like switching in to a great fiery punch that means death. The EVs are pretty staright forward to maximize sweeping capabilities. This pokemon is quite bulky Special Defensively due to the 50% increase of Sp.Def beacuse of sandstorm and a base 100 Sp.Def stat. This poke can also provide the immediate Sand storm or can re activate it if another weather is in play. I choose Life Orb to ensure necessary KO's. People often tell me not to use Tyranitar with Hippowdon and if you do suggest that change Hippowdon and not Tyranitar as the team is bulit around him.
Synergy
Fighting-Gliscor
Ground-Gliscor
Bug-Empoleon,Forretress,Gliscor
Steel-Empoleon,Forretress,Metagross
Water-Empoleon
Grass-Forretress,Metagross

Thanks for taking the time to read this RMT please let me know if anything is wrong I will try to fix it. Thanks for Rating :)

Okay, I have taken a look at this team, and the one thing that really jumps out at me is the massive Mixape weakness. With the Standard set (Fire Blast / Close Combat / Hidden Power Ice / Grass Knot), each Pokemon on your team can be hit supereffectively. In addition, I saw 5(!!!) pokemon that are affected by Spikes, which will kill against stall teams. So, to amend these problems, I recommend you use this set in place of your Hippowdon (2 Sand Starters is just too many).

*Two pokemon are going to go, to help your overall synergy; I know Forretress has Rapid Spin*

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid: 4Hp/252Sp.Atk/252Speed
Rapid Spin / Hydro Pump / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam

Starmie boasts an impressive base speed of 115, which is faster than Infernape's, 108. The Standard Set usually has a rather large investment in Hp and Defense, but I find that it will clash with your other members' sets. take a quick look at Starmie's weaknesses: Grass, Electric, Bug, Ghost, and Dark. Ghost and Dark moves can be redirected to Tyranitar, allowing him to set up and sweep. Electric and Gliscor mix very well, as does Grass and the next pokemon I will recommend to you. Bug moves can be tricky, as the only common one is U-Turn, and Scizor's Choice Band does not make things any easier. Gliscor would be my first choice to take a U-Turn. Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt are common moves used in conjunction to Hit most Bulky waters Supereffectively. Ice Beam acts as a quick move to use against Latias. While this is not a KO, it allows for . . . Tyranitar setup!

Now, I would have this pokemon act as a lead, however, I would replace Forretress, as Starmie supports with Rapid Spin, While Roserade acts more effective as a lead.

Roserade @ Focus Sash
Timid: 4Hp/252Sp.Atk/252Speed
Sleep Powder / Toxic Spikes / Leaf Storm / Hidden Power Fire

I trust you have seen this lead before, no doubt. First turn Sleep Powder, and while your opponent switches out, feel free to set up layer of Toxic Spikes. Leaf Storm is used to Outspeed and KO Swampert, which would otherwise give your team a fair bit of trouble. Roserade also helps support your team with Toxic Spikes absorption. While only one pokemon is affected by toxic spikes, Tyranitar's sweeping ability is severely maimed when poisoned, losing some health per turn, and you don't want that.

Gliscor:
Gliscor does not need to carry Stone Edge at all, considering that most of the physical threats that Gliscor covers willingly take repeated Stone Edges (Metagross, Lucario). In place of Stone Edge, I would add U-turn, which will immensely help your switching, allowing you to keep the offensive momentum. Toxic is also an option if you wish to hit Levitating or Flying pokemon, but I highly discourage it. Pokemon which dislike toxic (Latias, Dragonite, Gliscor) are going to KO you, Set up on you, and Taunt you, respectively.

Metagross: If I were you, I would keep Ice Punch in, because the only reason you would choose Electric Punch would be to counter Gyarados, but you have a keen Setup waiting in the like of Empoleon.

Ya! Got your PM.

Anyways, right off the bat, I see that you have a huge MixApe weakness, but more importantly is your Suicune weakness, namely CM Cune and CroCune. The aforementioned threats will normally OHKO your entire team if it is allowed one turn of set-up.

Suicune can practically come in on anything and just start settin up CM's, and nothing resists him much except for Forretress, who is setup fodder to him anyways. MixApe and NP Ape can come in on 5/6 of your team, and just start blasting away with the former and set up with the latter.

To help deal with those 2 problems, I will suggest that you replace Forretress for a Vaporeon. A Vaporeon can effectively deal with many Ape variants as well as many Cune variants. Your Forretress doesn't seem to fit as well on this team, so it will be a much needed change. Here's the set:

Vaporeon | Leftovers
Bold | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Wish | Protect | Surf | Roar

Most of the moves are standard, but I am recommending Roar over HP because you are in much need of a phazer just in case CroCune comes in.

The next recommendation I will suggest is to opt for Taunt over Stone Edge. You don't want StockPileDon to set up all over your ass, nor do you want slower leads to set up any form of Spikes to hurt you star, TyraniSTAR. :D

I also noticed that you are weak to DD Gyara, so I will suggest a Scarf Latias somewhere, preferably over Hippowdon. Hippowdon seems to mess up your team's momentum since it is usually seen on stall. However, if you like Hippowdon, you can always ignore my Vaporeon suggestion and opt for Scarf Latias instead, since they both can deal with Ape and Cune.

Latias | Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Timid | 252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 HP
Trick | Surf | Thunderbolt | Draco Meteor

Trick helps shut down CroCune from setting up any more CM's, and every move practically OHKO's Ape, while T-Bolt destroys Gyara. You can opt for Specs if you want the extra power in return for Speed, but you lose out on revenging Gyara after a DD.

That's all I can say for now. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)