My First RMT Yay :D (Mjoe4)

Hi Everybody, I’m Mjoe4 on Pokemon Showdown and this is my first RMT. I have built a few teams some were total failures and others are successful. For example, this team I am presenting to everyone is successful but has some weaknesses, which will be mentioned towards the end. The Main Goal of this team is based around for Infernape, Kingdra, and Raikou doing some late game sweeping.

Team Overview:

Infernape (M) Goku :D
@ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Jolly ( + Spe / - SpA )
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Close Combat / Flare Blitz / Stone Edge / U-Turn

Description: The Team’s Late Game Physical Sweeper. This pokemon strategy is to dent the opponent’s pokemon by using Close Combat or Flare Blitz combo with the Choice Band for the extra massive damage. I use Stone Edge to do massive damage to Salamence, Dragonite, Thundurus Therian and also anything weak to rock. U-Turn is to get switch initiative on obvious or potential switch-ins from the opponent to keep the momentum going the appropriate pokemon for the situations.

Landorus Therian (M) Big Meanie >:P
@ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Impish ( + Def / - SpA )
EVs: 200 Hp / 56 Atk / 252 Def
Earthquake / Hidden Power Ice / U-Turn / Stealth Rock

Description: The Team’s Physical Wall and Stealth Rocker. This pokemon strategy is to setup Stealth Rock as soon as possible. It can wall off threats like Garchomp, Scizor, and Terrakion. Earthquake is for the strong stab damage to the opponent’s team. Hidden Power Ice is used for Dragon Types and other Landorus Therian. U-Turn is to keep the momentum moving for my team and pressure the opponent to switch frequently so Stealth Rock can do its damage as the battle drags on.

Vaporeon (M) Cutie Pie >3<
@ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm ( + SpD / - Atk )
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Ice Beam / Toxic / Wish / Roar

Description: The Team’s Wish Supporter, Special Wall and Phazer. This pokemon strategy is to heal the team with Wish as they are being weakened throughout the battle. Pokemon that try to build up on this pokemon are switched out by Roar. Ice Beam is for the grass pokemon, dragon pokemon, and Thundurus Therian predicted switch-ins which Thundurus Therian can pontentially wreck my team. Toxic is to cripple Jellicent and other pokemon that try to Recover while Vaporeon is out.

Ferrothorn (M) Cool Mike ;)
@ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Adamant ( + Atk / - SpA )
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Bulldoze / Leech Seed / Spikes / Thunder Wave

Description: The Team’s Special Wall and Spiker. This pokemon strategy is to cover anything that Vaporeon can’t cover. Also, to setup spikes when appropriate. Thunder Wave is used for crippling the speed of the opponent’s pokemon so Infernape can out run its threats and take them out. Bulldoze is to damage and slowdown Heatran, Magnezone, and other pokemons that tries to switch-in. Bulldoze can two hit KO these major threats. Leech Seed is used to regain health and also force the opponent to switch so Stealth Rock and Spikes can do their magic.

Raikou (-) Fourth Hokage :)
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Modest ( + SpA / - Atk )
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Thunder / Hidden Power Ice / Volt Switch / Toxic

Description: The Team’s Scouter, Lead and Late Game Special Sweeper. This pokemon strategy is pretty much to hit and run with its Volt Switch, especially if the opponent has no pokemon to absorb or immune to its electric moves. Hidden Power Ice is used for eliminating ground types so it can use its Volt Switch freely giving switch advantages. Toxic is to cripple the opponent’s pokemon survivability, particularly Hippowdon who’s been giving my team problems. Thunder for large damage on rain teams whenever the opportunity comes.

Kingdra (M) King Of The Sea -_-
@ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest ( + SpA / - Atk )
EVs: 28 Hp / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Surf / Ice Beam / Dragon Pulse / Rain Dance

Description: The Team’s Special Sweeper. This pokemon strategy is to set up with Rain Dance to double its speed and power up Surf. Rain Dance also weakens fire moves to help Ferrothorn and cause problems against weather teams like Sun and Sandstorm, not so much on Hail Team. This pokemon typing of Dragon and Water is pretty good due to the fact that dragon it the only weakness. I use Lum Berry because most opponents try to status it after it uses Rain Dance. Also, Lum Berry gives me a safe switch-in on Breloom and counter it with Ice Beam. Dragon Pulse is for stab damage. I'm still experimenting with its EVs so far this doing okay. It gives some bulkiness, outspeed Breloom and OHOK if Breloom has no Hp investment. I think EVs could still be improved.

Team’s Weaknesses:
- Thundurus Therian is a problem due to the fact I don't have any reliable switch-ins.
- My team has no rapid spinners so entry hazards are a threat if there is too many on the field.
- Venusaur or Victreebel with sun up can cause serious problems to my team.
- I found Hippowdon gives my team grief because it is really bulky.

Update:
- Gyarados did decently but it wasn't what this team needed so he was replaced by Kingdra giving way better results to my team.
- Infernape nature was changed from Adamant to Jolly and it is a great choice outspeeding more threats like a Jolly Garchomp.
- Raikou has Toxic instead of Extrasensory.
- I replaced Smackdown with Hidden Power Ice on Landorus Therian making him far more effective than before.
- Vaporeon has Toxic now to battle out Jellicent and Hippowdon better.
- Infernape now has Stone Edge instead of Thunder Punch which can him a chance against Salamence, Dragonite, and Thudurus Therian.

Notes:
- Your guys and gal feedback are awesome gives me better perspective of my team needs. Keep up the good work.
- Because this my first RMT, do think I'm following rules and format is okay or does it need improve?
- There's an importable below if anyone wanted try my team to give you a better perspective. Have fun everybody. :D

Importable:
Goku :D (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Big Meanie >:P (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Cutie Pie >3< (Vaporeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Wish
- Roar

Cool Mike ;) (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Bulldoze
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Fourth Hokage :) (Raikou) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

King Of The Sea -_- (Kingdra) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Rain Dance

For your infernape, I suggest giving it iron fist and fire punch instead of blaze and flareblitz respectively. Flare blitz has massive recoil, which could destroy sweeping potential. Fire punch may be weaker, even with the iron fist boost, but no recoil will be better in the long run. Also, thunderpunch gets a boost too.

Next, replace smack down with either gravity or stone edge. Stone edge hits the flying types harder than EQ (after smack down) and also gets great coverage with EQ. Gravity will make every pokemon vulnerable to EQ and helps your ferrothorn and gyarados.

ferrothorn's nature should be sassy as it has no atk investment, brave should only be used with choice band

infernape needs jolly to outspeed garchomp, base 100s, hydreigon and haxorus that run a +ve nature

gyarados moveset should be rest / sleep talk / waterfall / roar, you have roar to phaze things that set up on u anyway

iirc raikou needs rash to use extrasensory.

keep flare blitz, u need the power

hi joe got your message.
1. gyrados generally should'nt be used as a phisical wall but as a setup sweeper if he is necisary for phazing then thats fine just make sure he carries dragon dance as this allows him to setup on pokes that are forced a switch out when they see gyrados.alternatively you can run a scarfed gdos set that makes him a very powerfull revenge killer that with the sacrifice of a comrade becomes an almighty sweeping machine.
2. therrothorn shouldnt carry two offensive moves ()especially gyro ball and bulldoze because it slow the opposition(if you want an offensive ferrothorn try curse in place of bulldoze)) being that hes a defensive pokemon and ie should probibly carry leech seed or something of the sort.
3. your team takes a huge hammering to toxic spikes by the look of this, so you should consider either a spinner or a poison type.

hope it all goes well with you and i hope i helped.
cya

Thanks Everybody, your suggestions improving my team by a huge chunk. I been winning more often gettin close of passing 1700 on Pokemon Showdown. Keep up the good work.

Hey, this is a pretty cool team you have here.

As you have mentioned, you have a weakness to Thundurus-Therian. To overcome this, I would suggest using Stone Edge on Infernape in place of ThunderPunch. This not only gives you coverage over Thundurs-T and flying types in general, also gives you a stronger option against Salamence and Dragonite than HP Ice. You would lose covergae over Tentacruel and Jellicent, but you already have Raikou and Ferrothorn to deal with them.

Also I suggest using Hydro Pump on Kingdra in place of Surf. You have Rain Dance, so you can almost guarantee Rain for two turns. Rain boosted Hydro Pumps are massively powerful and can net some important OHKO's.

Good Luck for the future.

Thanks HasKal, I switched Thunder Punch with Stone Edge for Infenrape. It seems to be a good trade-off but I hate the accuracy nonetheless it is awesome when it hits. I don't really need Hydro Pump for Kingdra. The battles tends to drag long enough that Surf is sufficient enough to finish the job. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)