My first RMT

So I'm currently working on building an in-game team so here it is and provide as much information as possible as to how to make it better:

Breloom@Life Orb/Poison Heal
Hasty
EVs:200 Spd./252 Atk./58 HP
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Leech Seed
-Brick Break

Designed by me to be a physical sweeper, Spore to put foes to sleep so he can sweep. Seed Bomb for STAB, Leech Seed for extra health recovery and Brick Break for more STAB. I think I need something else to replace Leech Seed because Breloom isn't going to be surviving many attacks and I don't know with what.

Whiscash@Leftovers/Anticipation
Sassy
EVs:252 HP/150 Sp. Def./102 Def./6 Atk.
-EQ
-Toxic
-Rest
-Sandstorm

I know what you're thinking, Whiscash? who would use that thing?, and the answer is I would, so there. He's designed to soak up attacks and to cause the foe extra pain and that's about all he is there for, support. EQ for STAB and its' great coverage, Toxic for support, Rest for recovery and sandstorm for a special defense boost and more support.

Kingdra@Sniper/Haban Berry
Modest
EVs:252 Sp. Atk./200 Spd./52 HP
-Dragon Pulse
-HP Fire
-Surf
-Ice Beam

To be this teams' special sweeper and a good one at that, Haban Berry to help resist it's only weakness, dragon. Dragon Pulse and Surf for STAB, Ice beam for dragons and I'm looking for a filler for HP Fire because that only covers three types, steel,bug, and grass.

Cradily@Leftovers/Suction Cups
Relaxed
EVs:252 Def./200 Sp. Def./58 Atk.
-Recover
-Rock Slide
-Toxic
-Stockpile

Again, another staller, I've always liked Cradily and decided to implement it into this team. Recover is self-explanatory, Rock Slide to actually attack and not get stuck in a stall war at the end of a battle. Toxic to provide the team with support and stockpile to raise its' defenses.

Armaldo@Liechi Berry/Battle Armor
Adamant
EVs:252 Atk./180 Def./78 HP
-EQ
-X-Scissor
-Swords Dance
-Brick Break

Another physical sweeper, EQ for coverage, X-Scissor for STAB and covers psychics and darks. SD for atk. upping and Brick Break covers rock weakness and others, darks,steel,ice,normal.

Houndoom@Flash Fire/Petaya Berry
Modest
EVs:252 Sp. Atk./252 Spd./6 HP
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-HP Psychic
-Nasty Plot

Special sweeper, Flamethrower and Dark Pulse for STAB and Nasty Plot for upping Sp. Atk. HP Psychic to deal w/ the fighting type weakness.

Now that's my team so criticize away:)

(Nitpicking, not commenting on the overall team.)

Whiscash doesn't get a Special Defense boost from Sandstorm, as he's Water/Ground, not Water/Rock. It does support Armaldo and Cradily, but if you're going to do a Sandsotrm team you might as well use a sandstreamer.

Breloom can only sleep one enemy under the very common sleep clause, and is a little slow for sweeping. You might want to try Substitute in the place of Brick Break, and fo for a more Subseed-oriented approach. Consider Focus Punch also, thougg I'd not sure where you could fit it in if you want to keep Seed Bomb.

Kingdra would probably perform better with a Scope Lens if you're going with a non-rain dance and sniper set.

Armaldo looks OK, but again, he's slow for sweeping, and he can't really take hits given his weaknesses to common attack types.

Cradily looks alright.

You might want to try Will-O-Wisp over HP Psychic on Houndoom.

Also, you have no Rapid Spinner. Armaldo can learn it, so consider revising his set to be more support-oriented.

I'm sure someone will be arrive shortly to critique this more thoroughly.

Well, like I said, Breloom is rather slow for sweeping. if you wish to drop Leech Seed, there's really no need for Substitute either, as you'll be relying on Spore to incapacitate your opponents. And, in that case, Focus Punch would be highly useful, as it's extremely powerful and STAB, and your opponent would be (hopefully) sleeping anyway.

The weakness of the above set is if the opponent switches out their sleeping Poke to something faster than you, you're probably boned as they can simply OHKO you without a Sub. Focus Punch can discourage this with proper prediction, as not much likes switching into a 150 BP STAB attack.

Whiscash has some interesting tricks over it's brother swampert. It has amnesia, spark, yawn, and overall coolness. I personally use amnesia, waterfall, earthquake, and rest, with a chesto berry.

Definately ditch sandstorm for any of the following moves:

Amnesia
Yawn
Sleeptalk
waterfall
spark
tickle
stealth rock

Sandstorm only helps rock types' special defense. However, many people make "sandstorm teams" without a single rock type. It is probably mostly used to activate garchomp's sand veil so that he can swords dance behind a sub.

Sandstorm is usually running anyways, so there is no need for it as a move. I realize it is intended to help cradily, but... I tried using sandstorm for support, but it sort of sucked. Stockpile up cradily is the shizz-nit.

Anyways, props for not having a standard team, hopefully no one chews you out for it.

If you're leading with Breloom, you'll want this set: Focus Punch /Substitute/ Leech Seed/ Spore. It's a combination of a Subpuncher and a Subseeder, while Spore also forces switches. It's a great annoyer.

From the looks of your Whiscash, you might want a Gastrodon. It can boast the same typing and moveset, but it's just generally better. Don't use Sandstorm as an attack. It won't last long enough to get any real benefits out of it. If you really want it, both Hippowdon and Tyranitar are amazing pokemon. If you wanna use Cradily, I recommend using a sandstreamer because that's when he becomes monstrous. Without it, there are better special walls.

Like the poster above said, Scope Lens on Sniper Kingdra will help it out.

I don't want to make any more suggestions without knowing whether you want this to be a sandstorm team or not because that makes some difference.

yeah well shoddy works somewhat for me but I don't know what the current channel you guys are using nowadays. So if you could help me out because I've been playing netbattle and becoming bored and I want to battle some tough trainers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)