My first RMT

Ok this is my team I made yester day on shoddy battle and am wondering what people think of it and how I can improve it so scizor doesnt destroy it completely.

Lead
Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
When I put this team together I started with my lead as it is a very important role and will either set up a team for success or failure, so I asked my self what do I want my lead to do and I decided I wanted to stop enemy stealth rocks so I needed something that could taunt, next I wanted stealth rocks of my own because they push many 2HKOs into OHKO range so I decided it would need a focus sash to make sure it could survive long enough to stealth rock, Finnally I wanted it to be owerfull enough so that if it does survive the first two turns it can attack well too. I also have used an azelf lead before and not had much luck so I decided on an old favorite, Aerodactyl.
---
Physical Sweeper
Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Aerial Ace
The second thing I wanted in my team was something to kill dragons and a couple sweepers. I also prefer not to use a choice item because they serverely limit how long my sweepers can sweep so life orb was an obvious choice of item. Remembering that I wanted something that can kill dragons I decided to use an ice type and after looking through the ice types weavile seemed to be a good sweeper to use. Keeping with the this must kill dragons plan I gave it ice punch for a super effective STAB attack, Next I wanted something to kill blissey so I gave it brick break. Pursuit was added to have another STAB move but doesnt seem to sweep well, I want to change this move. The final move, Arial ace is there for killing the many things that flying type moves are good for, especially fighting types so it took my last slot.
---
Special Sweeper
Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
From Right off the bat I knew that I was using gengar because it's my favorite pokemon and it's a great revenge killer. Once again I pick life orb over a choice item because I prefer the versitility of being able to use all my moves so I dont have to switch as much. Shadow ball is put in for a powerfull STAB attack and is good for general sweeping purposes, Psycic is in for killing fighting types as weavile has problems with them and is a great move for when shadow ball isn't an option. Thunderbolt is here specifically for gyrados and flying pokemon but really just there to kill gyarados. Finnaly I needed to put in a move that will kill TTar and waters reliably so I brought in energy ball.
---
Special Wall
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Solarbeam
After Getting my sweepers taken care of I decided I needed some walls so Blissey imediately comes to mind. Leftovers are here because free health every turn is good. Since blissey is meant to stop things like gengar and other special threats Calm mind is a good move as it boosts both special attack and special defense. The next two moves, the toxic move and the healing move are for making blissey not fail as a wall to I pick toxic and softboiled for a status plus heal spam tactic. Finnally It needed a move to attack with so I picked solar beam as it's not something that is expected on blissey and will damage what ever they switch in for a bit of damage before blissey leaves.
---
Physical Wall
Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Roost
- Harden
- Earthquake
With the physical side of walling I wanted something that is immune to earthquake and can heal at the same time so I picked gliscor. First off is toxic because it is good for walling and poisoning an enemy pokemon is generally a good idea. Next is roost because I needed a healing move and this does that very well. Next I decided that since gliscor doesnt have very hp I should raise my defense during battle to keep it alive longer so I gave it harden. Finnally I gave it earthquake for an offensive move that has STAB to boot. Sand veil lets me take advantadge of enemy sand storms and kill TTar easier.
---
Mix Sweeper/Counter to enemy Weavile
Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 126 Atk/252 Spd/126 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Flamethrower
- Thunderpunch
After Picking gliscor as a physical wall I saw that it had a quaddruple Ice weakness so it would have trouble facing weavile so I decided on an infernape as my final pokemon because it kills weavile very easily. I wanted this to kill the threat and then leave so I put most of the EV's into Speed, Gave it a speed boosting nature, and gave it a choice scarf. the rest of the evs were split between attack and special attack so that a I could take down physical walls somewhat easily. Since I chose this too kill weavile in the first place I give it close combat to take advantage of weavile's quaddruple weakness to fighting. Flare blitz was put on there due to it's big power and it's ability to countermany things. Thunder punch is there for killing water switch ins, and flame thrower insures that physical walling wont work in case gengar is killed I can get around physical walls.
---

So that's it. After posting this on another site and not getting any help at all, only sarcasm I decided that I should join smogon and hope for more usefull responses then LOLZ SCIZOR RAPEZ DIS!!! FAIL/10. So please help me make my first somewhat sucessfull team better.

Aerodactyl: Run jolly over hasty. Why worsen your defense if you are not using special attacks? Also run earthquake over aerial ace for better coverage. consider rock slide for accuracy/flinch.

Weavile: again, aerial ace is cool, but ice shard is important to destroy salamence that have gotten too many dragon dances.

Gengar: psychic has very poor coverage. shadow ball + focus blast is unresisted. HP fire has better coverage than energy ball also. You might want timid too.

Blissey: adding in def evs helps blissey's overall bulk than hp, it actually almost doubles her ability to take pursuits. you might want to run the standard found here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/blissey

solarbeam is a big no.

Gliscor: is fine, you should consider a better support move over harden though.

Infernape: check the standard here too.

Overall team is fine, but you should fix up the movesets.

Thanks for the help Although I still dont know what to do about scizor

Only problem I get with focus blast is thatalways seems to miss for me, I do plan on just using the standard blissey now because as much fun as solar beam is it fails as a move without sunny day.

Hiya!

Unfortunately, this team is run through by Scizor... Without Taunt, Gliscor is setup bait for Scizor and Ape only scares Scizor away, thus not ridding you of your Scizor problem entirely, because honestly what kind of idiot would keep their Scizor in on an Ape, aside from gimmicks?

To help remedy this without changing many members, I will suggest 2 options:

A: Replace Gengar with Bait Latias
B: Make Gengar into MYSTICgar

I would personally prefer option A, since option B would require a Magnezone to work 100% of the time vs CB variants. Here's the Latias set:

Expert Belt | Levitate
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor | Hidden Power Fire | Surf | Thunderbolt

This Latias will outspeed everything that a Scarf variant would that doesn't have a Scarf of its own as well as hit just as hard. It will trick your opponent to send in (most likely) Scizor since Latias' main attack is Draco Meteor, and even with -2, HP Fire OHKO'es the bug. You don't have to worry about BP, since Scizor will either U-Turn or Pursuit thinking that you will switch.

As for Gliscor, he seems to be slowing your team down, so I will recommend something that does the same job that you want Gliscor to do, but better. Vaporeon. Vaporeon takes neutral vs EQ as well as being able to Wish off some damage; she also has a decent amount of bulk on the defensive side to live through a +1 Outrage from Mence. On top of that, Vaporeon will add another resistance against Scizor, although she shouldn't be fighting 1v1 on him anyways....

Here's the set:

Leftovers | Water Veil
Bold | 252 Def / 252 HP | 4 Spe
Surf | Protect | Wish | Roar / Toxic / Heal Bell / Hidden Power Electric

That's all I have to say for now. Good luck!

You basically 252'd everything except infernape. Harden is completly useless in competive battling so switch it to taunt or swordsdance for gliscor.

Weavile could use ice shard to get priority over other pokemon like aerodactyl so switch it over ice punch. You wont miss the power because you'll still be able to OHKO essentially every dragon in ou and you wont be screwed over if the opponent gets a bunch of dragon dances up

ok I've made some of the sugested changes and am testing them on shoddybattle I will edit post after a bit more testing before I make the changes official

If you really want to sweep with Weaville swap Aerial ace for Swords dance so you'll have a deadly sweeper on your hands. Change pursuit to night slash so it can have another STAB move so it has more destructive power. Consider low kick over brick break so it can destroy steel types and other heavy weights (with swords dance you don't need to worry about Blissey becasue of it's relly low def stat).

the only reason I dont want focus blast is it's just too inacurate to be reliable to me. energy ball actually has worked well against ttar and many waters where thunderbolt just falls short. When I get the time I will edit my original post with the changes I have made. I also have found that it's just easier to wall ttar with gliscor than to try to kill it with gengar. It will be updated tomarrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)