1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

My First Team Ever WiFi

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Mosconi, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Mosconi

Mosconi

Hi guys, this is my first team so please help me, I think I really need your suggestions.

TEAM AT GLANCE:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Team Building:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    I wanted to start as lead with Accelgor because I like it and it has very high speed and nice Special Attack.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I chose Starmie because Accelgor is weak to fire and Starmie is one of my favourite pokemon and it has a rapid spin support too.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I had not a physical sweeper, so I decided to choose Conkeldurr because of his power using bulk up.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I needed a special wall, so I decided to choose chansey @ eviolite, it's better then blissey in 5th generation.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I needed physical wall, I love Gliscor since I saw him the first time, but I don't know if it's better than Skarmory/Ferrorthorn, so please help me.
    I thought I'd needed another special sweeper, I decided Chandelure because it's Ghost-Fire.

In Depth:

[​IMG]
    Accelgor @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Sticky hold
    Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
    Evs: 4 Hp / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    - Spikes
    - Bug Buzz
    - U-Turn
    - Focus blast

My team leader, nice speed with a moderate special attack. Spikes is the only entry hazard it gets. U-turn is fantastic and focus blast/bug buzz have pretty good coverage and let Accelegor function as a late game cleaner.
    It is the second fastest pokemon who can learn spikes, outspeed only by Deoxys-S. As said before, it has a nice Special Attack too.

[​IMG]
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover
    - Rapid Spin

This set is more focused on the supporting nature of Starmie than its offensive nature with Rapid Spin, which Starmie can make excellent use of. The key to Starmie's effectiveness as a Rapid Spinner is its potent offensive ability, as most people would not switch a Ghost-type into Starmie for fear of a powerful Life Orb boosted attack, meaning that it actually has a pretty good chance of bluffing an offensive set and getting a free Rapid Spin off.

[​IMG]
    Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Evs: 120 Hp / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Stone Edge

Nothing to say, just 624 Attack and 339 Defense after a Bulk Up, it's the physical sweeper of my team.

[​IMG]
    Chansey @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Evs: 4 SDef / 252 Hp / 252 Def
    - Counter
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

Chansey's stat distribution is seemingly perfectly built to abuse Counter.
    Here's how this set works: switch Chansey in on a physical attacker who won't be able to OHKO her right off the bat, such as Choice Scarf Garchomp. Then, when the opposing Pokemon uses a physical attack, Chansey can bounce the attack straight back for double damage, hopefully netting a KO in the process.
    With the 5th generation, Chansey is better than Blissey if it holds eviolite, it boosts both defs by 50%. It's a very nice mixed wall.

[​IMG]
    Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
    Evs: 252 Hp / 184 Def / 72 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Ice Fang

I don't know lots of Gliscor, so please help me with it (probably I'd to change it with Skarmory/Ferrorthon?).

[​IMG]
    Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    Nature: Modest (+Satk, -Atk)
    - Overheat
    - Shadow Ball
    - Heat Wave
    - Psychic

Chandelure with Choice SCarf is a good pokemon to many faster teams, doing severe damage.
    Overheat gives Chandelure a strong STAB move that deals excellent damage to most offensive Pokemon, always OHKOing the genies and Amoonguss. Shadow Ball forms the second half of Chandelure's dual STAB, and allows it to do excellent damage to most Trick Room users. Heat Wave allows Chandelure to do some powerful spread damage, hitting anything that doesn't resist it quite hard. It's a very nice special sweeper.

Back Glance:

I know that I didn't write a lot of information, but please help me anyway, I really need your help because I didn't play for years and now I'm just a noob. lol
    Changes will be in bold.
  2. Josh187

Josh187

You'll want to expand your descriptions to tell us the role each pokemon has with in your team and also use flash fire on chandelure to absorb fire type attacks
  3. Mosconi

Mosconi

Changed the trait and expanded the descriptions, thanks for the suggestions. :)
  4. UnovaMaster999

UnovaMaster999

very good team but i would also not change gliscor on your team and instead switch out accelgor for a skarmory or ferrothorn IMO
  5. Mosconi

Mosconi

I looked for something like descriptions and some moveset doubts in the forum.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)