VGC MY FIRST TEAM VGC16 - HELP ME PLEASE

Hello everyone, I tell you now that they are not very good with English and so I'm using google translator. Having said that I decided to post my first vgc team to have an opinion and some advice on how to improve it. I accept any advice.

Selene (Cresselia) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Helping Hand
- Skill Swap

I chose Cresselia because I want to create a team that works with Trick Room, and it seemed like a classic choice. Psychic is his only attacking move in case it is affected by Taunt, with Helping Hand I am sure you can defeat an opponent with a maximum of two attacks and allows groudon defeat almost immediately Mega - Salamence. And finally Skill Swap is useful for me to deprive opponents as Mega - Salamense, Mega - Kangaskhan and Smeargle of their skills but also to use it to reset climate change with Groudon or Kyogre if it is changed.

Titania (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Mawile is the strong point of the team and with Intimidate before the mega evolution can reduce the pokemon attack as Mega - Kangaskhan Groudon and allowing them to allow her and the rest of the team to take less damage from their strongest moves and avoiding also a KO. However continues to suffer a lot Groudon which can do great damage even with Sucker Punch and being defeated by his ground attacks.

PoisonAmane (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Amoonguss works very well in Trick Room, thanks to Spore can mesmerize enemy or redirect attacks and I chose to play with Rocky Helmet for Mega-Kangaskhan and other physical attackers. He can resist a Double Edge of Mega - Kangaskhan full life and then save a comrade. even though it is very useful in Trick Room I have not had many opportunities to use it because weak Groudon, Kyogre Ice Beam and Mega - Salamence.

Leviathan (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Kyogre due to its ability to cover the weakness of Mawile fire and is very powerful. I preferred Origin Pulse to its stable output unlike Water Spout and I was thinking of replacing Scald with Thunder to hit others Kyogre because otherwise I would not have very powerful moves to defeat him.

Behemot (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 92 HP / 244 Atk / 172 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Eruption
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Since Mawile also receives heavy damage from Kyogre I thought I'd try to put Groudon to block the moves and is thought to be mixed an attacker to exploit the STAB moves and hit the flying types with Rock Slide but with mixed statistics can not do serious damage to the flying pokemon.

Scrafty @ Focus Sash
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Thunder Punch

I did not know who else to enter, and so I thought I'd rpovare with Scrafty to have another Intimidate and to be quite strong, especially if supported by Cresselia. Fake Out is to help Cresselia to set Trick Room or to help Groudon and Kyogre to hit the enemies undisturbed. Drain Punch and Crunch are its SAB and Thunder Punch moves need to hit Kyogre although however, did not much damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your team has a pretty good TR core in Mawile/Groudon/Kyogre, but I think there are a few changes you could make to really help this team shine. As it stands, your team is very weak to Smeargle without a taunt option, and is itself rather Taunt weak.

The key to most TR teams' success is getting TR up and overwhelming the opposing team with offense, keeping them from gaining momentum. As a consequence, with only one TR setter on your team, it is paramount that you get TR up.

To kill two birds with one stone, I would suggest replacing Scrafty with Crobat. Scrafty, while not a bad choice, doesn't give your team the support it needs to get TR up reliably.

Crobat @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Speed
-Quick Guard
-Taunt
-Super Fang
-Tailwind

This spread survives many common attacks from prominent leads, Including a max speed Parental Bond Double-Edge, while also allowing it to outspeed base 110 + Natured pokemon by one point. With Quickguard and Taunt support, he can give your Cresselia some breathing room to get TR up. In addition, Tailwind will allow you to punish a double protect on the last turn of Trick Room. Super Fang is also a fantastic move due to all the bulky Primals running around, as it can turn potential 2HKO's into OHKO's

With a Lum Berry and Inner Focus, its also an excellent counter to the dreaded Dark Void Smeargle, allowing you to outspeed unscarfed Smeargle and taunt even in the face of a Kangaskhan lead.

Another problem is the Groudon Spread. Eruption is an excellent move, so excellent in fact, that giving up this much bulk in exchange for the extra power isn't an ideal trade off. After a Super Fang Eruption does not do much damage. Pair this with the fact that even with that much power Eruption doesn't really check anything that Precipice Blades and Kyogre can't, and the Sp. Atk investment is much better placed into bulk.

Some added consistency will really allow this team to shine. With 3 Powerful but innacurate spread moves, some win conditions may come down to luck. In VGC, you want consistency, especially in a best of 1 setting. Adding Gravity to your Cresselia in place of Helping Hand can allow you to absolutely devastate with never miss Precipice Blades and Origin Pulses. You do lose out on the +1 attacks Helping Hand allows, but in exchange you get a lot more consistency from your Primals.

Since allowing Cresselia to set up is so paramount to this team, replacing Sitrus Berry with Mental Herb allows you to get TR up even in the face of a Prankster.

So ideally, the Cresselia would look like this:

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
EV's: 244 HP/ 108 Def / 156 Sp. Def
Sassy Nature
0 Speed IV's
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Gravity
-Skill Swap

Either way good luck with your team and welcome to VGC!

Last edited:
Prodigy makes a good point about Crobat. His Quick Guard is very helpful against Fake Out users. He is also correct about your team being vulnerable to Taunt. Any Prankster status moves are blocked by Crobat's Quick Guard. You could also try Weavile

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Feint

With Wevile's Fake Out, you can KO a Dark Void Smeargle by double-targeting it. Feint is also really helpful for gaining some offensive momentum if you break their Protect.

Prodigy makes a good point about Crobat. His Quick Guard is very helpful against Fake Out users. He is also correct about your team being vulnerable to Taunt. Any Prankster status moves are blocked by Crobat's Quick Guard. You could also try Weavile

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Feint

With Wevile's Fake Out, you can KO a Dark Void Smeargle by double-targeting it. Feint is also really helpful for gaining some offensive momentum if you break their Protect.
thanks for the advice, Weavile I like a lot, but instead of who I should put it in your opinion?

This is also a really good pick. Feint also lets you keep a lot of offensive pressure and possibly make your opponent play more conservatively.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello catastor97 !

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

EDIT: Reopened!

Last edited:
Hey catastor97 :)
I think the previous two guys covered most of the possible improvements, so here are my thoughts
The main thing that i can see to improve your team is to improve your fast mode outside of TR. All your mons are relatively slow, and so yes i think that scrafty should be swapped out.
However, instead of crobat, i would recommend that you use talonflame, as this will give you a form of offence both inside trick room and outside of it, whilst giving all the necessary support that crobat also brings in tailwind and quick guard.
Looking at some top cut teams, talonflame seems the most popular pick on teams like this, without swapping mawile out for kangaskhan, another very viable option.

Here are some example top cut teams to reinforce my point:
Alex Gomez 2nd Place Wakefield:

(He used Bronzong>Cresselia and Smeargle> Amoonguss)
Matias Roa 2nd Place Chile:

(Kangaskhan>Mawile and Crobat>Scrafty)
Jorge Aburto 3rd Place Chile:

(Kangaskhan>Mawile and Thundurus>Scrafty)
Zhi-Qun Chen 4th Place Taiwan:

(Kangaskhan>Mawile and Talonfame>Scrafty)
Francesca Giacometti 8th Place Turin:

(Talonflame>Scrafty and Smeargle>Amoonguss)

Here is my sample talonflame set for a trick room team like this:

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Quick Guard

The EVs allow talonflame to survive a brave bird from opposing talonflame and OHKO it back with its own brave bird. The loss in speed this creates means that you will win the matchup against opposing talonflame regardless. The speed EVs will also allow you to outspeed max speed mega kangaskhan, as to avoid sucker punches, and to be able to quick guard against fake outs from kangaskhan. The HP EVs will allow you to reach a 'life orb number' (10n-1) of 159, which minimises recoil.

Other options you could use on your team include mega kangaskhan or mega salamence over mawile, which is entirely up to you. If you don't like the loss of fake out support that scrafty offered then kangaskhan is your best bet, whilst salamence aids your fast mode and benefits the team's rayquaza/groudon matchup. If you want sample sets then let me know.

Here are some smaller improvements to your team overall to help out with a more balanced structure:

Cresselia

Sassy Nature
IVs: 8 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Helping Hand
- Skill Swap

8 Speed IVs will mean cresselia will outspeed groudon by only one point in TR, meaning that your matchup against kyogre+cresselia leads is much more secure (almost guaranteed sun), as shown nicely by Legofigure11:
[Trick Room active]
[Desolate Land/Primordial Sea active]
Enemy Cresselia used Skill Swap (On Kyogre)!
Enemy Cresselia gained Primordial Sea!
Enemy POgre gained Levitate!
The downpour is torrential!

(Your) Cresselia used Skill Swap (On Groudon)!
Cresselia gained Desolate Land!
PDon gained Levitate!
The Sunlight is harsh!

If you're running this team in game, then i think theorymon has an 8 Spe IV cress you could ask for :)

Mawile

EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Only a small change here. This improves your fast mode, as mawile with 196 speed will outspeed mega salamence whilst under tailwind, which allows you to check it more easily with mawile.

Amoonguss

EVs: 188 HP / 164 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy
Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Grass Knot
- Clear Smog

Just some small suggestions here really. The EV spread is still pretty standard, just gives you more special bulk overall whilst still surviving a double-edge from mega kangaskhan. Grass Knot will help your matchup against primal kyogre and clear smog is an interesting pick so that amoonguss can check xerneas muh more easily.

Kyogre

EVs: 188 HP / 204 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Origin Pulse / Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Protect

This set is for a potential improvement to your fast mode, and is one that hydreigone figured out, with a bunch of calcs to go with it:
Offensive:
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan in Heavy Rain: 184-217 (101.6 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Heavy Rain: 186-220 (92 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. -1 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 196-232 (108.2 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensive
Physical
  • -1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 88-106 (44.2 - 53.2%) -- 18.2% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Explosion vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 168-198 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 85-102 (42.7 - 51.2%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Helping Hand Double-Edge vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 168-198 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 85-102 (42.7 - 51.2%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 77-91 (38.6 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 51-61 (25.6 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 152-179 (76.3 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 76-91 (38.1 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 87-103 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 73-87 (36.6 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 87-103 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO
Special
  • +2 252 SpA Xerneas Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 182-216 (91.4 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
  • +2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 144-171 (72.3 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 168-198 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 79-95 (39.6 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Aerilate Mega Salamence Hyper Voice vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 46-55 (23.1 - 27.6%) -- 70.7% chance to 4HKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Thunder vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 118-140 (59.2 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre in Heavy Rain: 66-78 (33.1 - 39.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre in Heavy Rain: 49-58 (24.6 - 29.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO

The speed EVs are really useful here, they allow kyogre to outspeed most neutral base 90s outside of TR, including stuff like Ho-Oh etc. Using a medium speed kyogre allows you to check TR groudon more easily whilst outside of TR, which can be really useful.
Water spout is really only here given the above calculations, but you can still go for origin pulse. 76 SpA primal kyogre is only one point below 252 SpA timid primal kyogre, which i thought would be useful to know, since you can base defensive calcs off it to save you EVs, since there have been quite a few kyogres recently running a similar investment :)

Groudon

EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 20 SpA / 220 SpD
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 156 SpD
Brave
Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Flamethrower
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Running so much investment in SpA with only one special move seemed a little wasteful imho, not something to worry much about, but here's a slightly different set that optimises your physical capabilities whilst under TR. I would recommend going for flamethrower instead of eruption here, as it is a more consistent move under TR, given this set's SpA investment (similar to your reasoning of going for origin pulse over water spout).
In terms of EVs, the first set allows groudon to survive an earth power from a timid groudon, with the rest optimally spread out in the rest of its stats.
The second spread allows you to take an earth power from 252 +SpA groudon as well as a single target precipice blades from opposing groudon, again with the rest spread out in the rest of groudon's stats. Completely up to you what you choose, depeniding on whether you like a more bulky groudon or a more physical set.

And that's the rate :)
Hope I've helped, and good luck with your team!

Hey catastor97 :)
I think the previous two guys covered most of the possible improvements, so here are my thoughts
The main thing that i can see to improve your team is to improve your fast mode outside of TR. All your mons are relatively slow, and so yes i think that scrafty should be swapped out.
However, instead of crobat, i would recommend that you use talonflame, as this will give you a form of offence both inside trick room and outside of it, whilst giving all the necessary support that crobat also brings in tailwind and quick guard.
Looking at some top cut teams, talonflame seems the most popular pick on teams like this, without swapping mawile out for kangaskhan, another very viable option.

Here are some example top cut teams to reinforce my point:
Alex Gomez 2nd Place Wakefield:

(He used Bronzong>Cresselia and Smeargle> Amoonguss)
Matias Roa 2nd Place Chile:

(Kangaskhan>Mawile and Crobat>Scrafty)
Jorge Aburto 3rd Place Chile:

(Kangaskhan>Mawile and Thundurus>Scrafty)
Zhi-Qun Chen 4th Place Taiwan:

(Kangaskhan>Mawile and Talonfame>Scrafty)
Francesca Giacometti 8th Place Turin:

(Talonflame>Scrafty and Smeargle>Amoonguss)

Here is my sample talonflame set for a trick room team like this:

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Quick Guard

The EVs allow talonflame to survive a brave bird from opposing talonflame and OHKO it back with its own brave bird. The loss in speed this creates means that you will win the matchup against opposing talonflame regardless. The speed EVs will also allow you to outspeed max speed mega kangaskhan, as to avoid sucker punches, and to be able to quick guard against fake outs from kangaskhan. The HP EVs will allow you to reach a 'life orb number' (10n-1) of 159, which minimises recoil.

Other options you could use on your team include mega kangaskhan or mega salamence over mawile, which is entirely up to you. If you don't like the loss of fake out support that scrafty offered then kangaskhan is your best bet, whilst salamence aids your fast mode and benefits the team's rayquaza/groudon matchup. If you want sample sets then let me know.

Here are some smaller improvements to your team overall to help out with a more balanced structure:

Cresselia

Sassy Nature
IVs: 8 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Helping Hand
- Skill Swap

8 Speed IVs will mean cresselia will outspeed groudon by only one point in TR, meaning that your matchup against kyogre+cresselia leads is much more secure (almost guaranteed sun), as shown nicely by Legofigure11:
[Trick Room active]
[Desolate Land/Primordial Sea active]
Enemy Cresselia used Skill Swap (On Kyogre)!
Enemy Cresselia gained Primordial Sea!
Enemy POgre gained Levitate!
The downpour is torrential!

(Your) Cresselia used Skill Swap (On Groudon)!
Cresselia gained Desolate Land!
PDon gained Levitate!
The Sunlight is harsh!

If you're running this team in game, then i think theorymon has an 8 Spe IV cress you could ask for :)

Mawile

EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Only a small change here. This improves your fast mode, as mawile with 196 speed will outspeed mega salamence whilst under tailwind, which allows you to check it more easily with mawile.

Amoonguss

EVs: 188 HP / 164 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy
Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Grass Knot
- Clear Smog

Just some small suggestions here really. The EV spread is still pretty standard, just gives you more special bulk overall whilst still surviving a double-edge from mega kangaskhan. Grass Knot will help your matchup against primal kyogre and clear smog is an interesting pick so that amoonguss can check xerneas muh more easily.

Kyogre

EVs: 188 HP / 204 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest
Nature
- Scald
- Origin Pulse / Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Protect

This set is for a potential improvement to your fast mode, and is one that hydreigone figured out, with a bunch of calcs to go with it:
Offensive:
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan in Heavy Rain: 184-217 (101.6 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Heavy Rain: 186-220 (92 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. -1 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 196-232 (108.2 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensive
Physical
  • -1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 88-106 (44.2 - 53.2%) -- 18.2% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Explosion vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 168-198 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 85-102 (42.7 - 51.2%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Helping Hand Double-Edge vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 168-198 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 85-102 (42.7 - 51.2%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 77-91 (38.6 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 51-61 (25.6 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 152-179 (76.3 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 76-91 (38.1 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 87-103 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 73-87 (36.6 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 87-103 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO
Special
  • +2 252 SpA Xerneas Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 182-216 (91.4 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
  • +2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 144-171 (72.3 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 168-198 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 79-95 (39.6 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Aerilate Mega Salamence Hyper Voice vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 46-55 (23.1 - 27.6%) -- 70.7% chance to 4HKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Thunder vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 118-140 (59.2 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre in Heavy Rain: 66-78 (33.1 - 39.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre in Heavy Rain: 49-58 (24.6 - 29.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO

The speed EVs are really useful here, they allow kyogre to outspeed most neutral base 90s outside of TR, including stuff like Ho-Oh etc. Using a medium speed kyogre allows you to check TR groudon more easily whilst outside of TR, which can be really useful.
Water spout is really only here given the above calculations, but you can still go for origin pulse. 76 SpA primal kyogre is only one point below 252 SpA timid primal kyogre, which i thought would be useful to know, since you can base defensive calcs off it to save you EVs, since there have been quite a few kyogres recently running a similar investment :)

Groudon

EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 20 SpA / 220 SpD
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 156 SpD
Brave
Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Flamethrower
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Running so much investment in SpA with only one special move seemed a little wasteful imho, not something to worry much about, but here's a slightly different set that optimises your physical capabilities whilst under TR. I would recommend going for flamethrower instead of eruption here, as it is a more consistent move under TR, given this set's SpA investment (similar to your reasoning of going for origin pulse over water spout).
In terms of EVs, the first set allows groudon to survive an earth power from a timid groudon, with the rest optimally spread out in the rest of its stats.
The second spread allows you to take an earth power from 252 +SpA groudon as well as a single target precipice blades from opposing groudon, again with the rest spread out in the rest of groudon's stats. Completely up to you what you choose, depeniding on whether you like a more bulky groudon or a more physical set.

And that's the rate :)
Hope I've helped, and good luck with your team!
I thank you for the advice. I'm trying the team with the changes you suggested and I must say I feel good, especially the story of Cresselia speed with Skill Swap, you were right and I was guaranteed a few victories. thank talonflame I do not have to worry about Taunt on Cresselia which I like a lot but still remain weak with the strategy Smeargle and Dark Void because the only Pokemon that can hit him right away is Talonflame while the others would not make it in time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)