My first tested OU Team

I'm new here! :naughty:
This is my first RMT here and I hope you can give me lots of replies (Both good and bad)

Anyways;

The Team

I watched a few Battle videos with this one, and it pierced through lots of pokémon! Then I knew i was going to build a team based around this one! First of all I need a lead.

Ah! The classic suicide lead Azelf. Who doesn't love it? So simple to set up, yet so effective. Let's find some support.

Vaporeon, yaaay. Never lets you down with its massive base 130 HP, Wish and reliable STAB. Now I could use a defensive core.

Nice, sturdy, reliable spinner with massive defense and great attack. It is Donphan! It has even a way to handle anti-spinners! Now... Special defense.

Tadahh! A Cresselia with two of those screens, huge defenses (Mostly oriented special) and Thunder Wave support. Though, with only one non-suiciding offensive pokémon that is choiced I can end up with some trouble.

Yes! Lucario! I love special variants of it. (that's why I've got one here) Now I have offence, defense, support, pretty much anything, let's try the team!

O.K. I tried against a friend on another forum. I lost 4 - 0 : ( because of a Scizor.
That's why i put this one in:

A perfect Scizor counter, with great defense and Fire Blast. It can't be 2HKO'D by any unboosted attack from Scizor

Then it's like this:

In-Depht:

Azelf/Tingle @ Focus Sash
Levitate
Jolly nature
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Zen Headbutt
~Explosion
Suicide lead, all out Physical! To get a really powerful Explosion to blast in you face! mawhawhaw!! Helped alot in my battles.
I have thought about changing Zen Headbutt to ThunderPunch so I can handle Aerodactyl leads and won't be owned by Absol and Empoleon leads
Item:
Focus Sash: Azelf is fragile, it needs at least two turns: 1. Taunt 2. Throw rocks. Isn't that simple?
EV's:
Offensive EV's: Tilted to the offensive because Azelf doesn't need defense since it's going: BOOMM!!!
Moves:
Taunt: Makes Set-up easier by hindering opponent's Set-up.
Stealth Rock: Every team needs entry hazards, my team is no exception, sucking hitpoints to make those important 2HKO's instead of 3HKO's.
Zen Headbutt/ThunderPunch: To get rid of threats, just so it can hurt anything.
Explosion: The key move; at low Hitpoints it says "Bye bye!" and disappears, a massive 250 Powered Attack coming from a massive 349 Attack stat is massive!
Why did I choose this?
Well, it was the first thing that popped into my head, and then I realized that i had not caught Azelf in Platinum so...

Honchkrow/Boss @ Choice scarf
Super Luck
Adamant nature
252Atk/240Spe/16Satk
~Brave Bird
~Night Slash
~Heat Wave
~Superpower
Who is the glassiest of every glass cannons in the world? That's Rampardos. :nerd:
But this one's close! It rocks with raw attack power, a perfect wallbreaker! Mixing both Attack and Special Attack to blast them away!
Item:
Choice Scarf: It has got a poor 71 Base speed that needs to be pumped up!
EV's:
Maxed attack because that's his main stat, lots of speed and some Special Attack.
Attacks:
Brave Bird: Honchkrow is the star of the team, Brave Bird is the star of the Honchkrow! It's massive!
Night Slash: Secondary STAB and with Super Luck it's a winner!
Heat Wave: To tear down physical walls such as Forretress and Skarmory.
Superpower: Mostly for coverage, and of course raw power and breaking the walls (Blissey!!!)
Why did I choose this?
I saw it's power in Battle videos and my, I just thought: I want this one!! Then I built this team!

Weezing @ Leftovers
Bold nature
252HP/252Def/4Satk
~Fire Blast
~Thunderbolt
~Pain Split
~Will-0-Wisp
Item:
Leftovers: I guess you already know what it does but: To heal between turns, chosen over Black Sludge so trickers don't trick them back to someone else.
EV's:
All out Defensive: Weezing is a physically bulky poké, and that's what I'm using it for.
Attacks:
Fire Blast: That's the reason why Weezing's here in the first place; Scizor is dead!
Thunderbolt: Stopping Gyara and the likes, great coverage.
Pain Split: The most reliable recovery available for Weezing, also hurting the enemy (If used right)
Will-O-Wisp: Crippling physical attackers so it is able to withstand most physical attacks.
Why did I choose this?
Scizor owned me and a replacement was needed, I searched through Smogon and I found it, I peeked at the sets and thought this would work best.

Donphan/Mr. Whonk @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish nature
252HP/188Atk/68Def
~Rapid spin
~Earthquake
~Assurance
~Ice Shard
My spinner, with a base 120 Attack and Defence it's going to handle a bit, Assurance is there for ghosts who try to block it and Ice Shard for faster stuff (Pretty much anything)
Item:
Leftovers: Healing so it survives.
EV's:
Pretty much Defesive: It needs the Hit Points cause the HP stat is low. Much Attack to blast of powerful and massive Earthquakes.
Attacks:
Rapid spin: It's Honchkrow's best friend for a reason; My team isn't very weak to stealth rock but Honchkrow is.
Earthquake: Powerful STAB Attack taking out many Stealth rockers and Spikers. (Roosting Skarmory, Tentacruel)
Assurance: To kill Anti-Spinners with Levitate, not much else.
Ice Shard: It's slow, so this move really helps it out, Also good against fliers. (Without roost)
Why did I choose this?
My team (Honchkrow) Needed a spinner, Donphan was my first thought because I knew it was resistant to Stealth Rock.

Lucario/Lucas @ Choice Specs
Steadfast
Timid nature
4HP/252Satk/252Spe
~Aura Sphere
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power {Grass}
~Dragon Pulse
This guy is lovely its Special attack stat is higher than the Attack stat just so you know, taking care of a lot of Physical walls like Swampert, Rhyperior, Dusknoir etc.
Item:
Choice Specs: Boosting Special Attack to sky-high levels are great, and with its wide movepool it is a vital part of the team.
EV's:
All out Offensive: Maxed Special Attack and Speed is pretty basic for a Choiced Poké, making it hit hard and fast!
Attacks:
Aura Sphere: For STAB and great coverage, never missing is just a huge plus.
Shadow Ball: Ghost + Fight is creating an unresisted Combo, it is massive!
Hidden Power: It feels soooo good when you get a surprise KO on Swampert with this, try it yourself, it works great!
Dragon Pulse: Also providing great coverage with all those dragons out there. Maybe switch with Vacuum Wave.
Why did I choose this?
I'm really not sure. I had a Riolu with a Timid Nature and started to EV-Train it, and it ended up like this.

Vaporeon/Zora @ Leftovers
Water absorb
Bold nature
188HP/252Def/68Spe
~Wish
~Protect
~Surf
~Ice Beam
Item:
Leftovers: Do I have to explain once again?
EV's:
Pointing to the defensivewith maxed defence and lots of Hit Points. This is my Team's Lifesaver!
Attacks:
Wish: that's why it is here to wish and help those poor hurt Pokémon who really need that extra lives!
Protect: To scout stuff and Heal itself, very useful move indeed.
Surf: it is a fantastic STAB option that will take care of lots of things.
Ice Beam: Great coverage along with Surf and takes down dragons and Grassies.
Why did I choose this?
Because it's so cute, and I had one EV'd in the PC that couldn't become dusty.

Thanks for Rating, coming with tips and such!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)