My First UU Team

This is my first UU team and first team in general. I've been interested in getting into the competitive battling scene for a few years and now that I have a decent grasp of the concepts, I figured now would be a good time to get some experience to try and get better. I'm not sure what my overall strategy is with this team. I guess you could say I wanted to make a balanced team that has no glaring weakness. I feel like I did an alright job achieving this but I'm anxious to hear everyones opinion, good or bad. I'm sure there will be many things that I can change. Anyways, here's my team, hopefully its not too awful for a first attempt. Any suggestions or changes you guys think I should do, please let me hear them, thanks.

The FknMan (Charizard) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day

My lead I guess you can say. I'm choosing Charizard as my lead b/c he is the fastest on my team with a speed stat of 328. I plan to get sunny day up first turn and begin to sweep. I'm not sure if this is too soon to start hitting hard but I just really like the offensive power that Charizard has and figure he'd be good up front. Solar Beam is there to take down the main threat to Charizard being rock types and Swampert since he seems to be a widely used Stealth Rocker in UU and with Charizard having that dreadful 4x weakness to it, I think this is a good idea. I can outspeed any Swampert with this guy so hopefully that plan could work. It just seems risky since Swampert will be packing Water moves. Air Slash is secondary STAB seeing as no other Flying type move is special besides Air Cutter and thats just not strong enough.

Ton Jones (Nidoking) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Nidoking is my coverage poke. Seeing as he can hit super effective on many different threats. I went with Sheer Force and Life Orb b/c its pretty much a no brainer. Earth Power and Sludge Wave are the main STAB attacks. Ice Beam is there to check any pokemon that come in to threaten nidoking. In this case the several ground types that would otherwise **** on Nidoking. I chose Focus Blast over Fire Blast or Thunderbolt seeing as Charizard has Fire Blast and one of my other Pokes has Wild Charge. I'm not sure though if I'll keep this but I probably will.

Aqua Man (Kingdra) (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 168 HP / 164 Atk / 4 SDef / 174 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

Kingdra is here to check the rock and ground weaknesses of Charizard and Nidoking. I originally had the rain dance set on here but figured thats pointless since Charizard has sunny day so I ran the chesto rest set instead. I may still go with the rain dance set b/c I intend for Kingdra to be my late game sweeper after and if Charizard dies, so we'll see. I intend to use this set pretty much how Smogon states b/c it should work perfectly for what I want to do. Also, I like that Kingdra only has one weakness.

SSJ2 (Gallade) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 242 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
-Trick

Gallade. The hardest hitting ***** on this team. I've always liked Gallade and definitely wanted him on my team as my main physical attacker. STAB Close Combat with 383 attack is vicious and hits everything hard. Zen Headbutt is his other STAB move. I'm running trick since I'm using a choice band set. I'd use trick on a mon running life orb or something useful that won't choice lock me. Ice Punch is there for a coverage move.

SuckYoFace (Eelektross) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 228 HP / 196 SDef / 84 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Coil
- Wild Charge
- Return

What makes my Eelektross a little different from a 100% standard set is my EV spread. This makes it decently bulky and then with a Coil boost, it can take both Physical and Special attacks fairly well. He is walled by the likes of Golurk, Steelix etc but my other guys can take care of either of those threats to Eelektross. Really, the only reason I chose Eelektross is b/c he has no weakness so, I will most likely be switching him out for something more viable. What that is, I'm not sure yet.

Ggggong! (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Bronzong is my stealth rocker and tank of the team. It can take hits very well. The only thing I don't like about this guy is how slow he is but really, his main purpose to get up rocks, so as long as he does that, I'm satisfied. Toxic is used to poison any threats that may switch in on him. I used earthquake to threaten any fire types that will switch in and try to take out Bronzong. Since Bronzong is so slow, Gyro Ball is the obvious choice. It also serves as his STAB move. Not sure how well he'd do in UU but on random wifi, he has done well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there's my team, I'm sure there's many things that I can change but I think this is ok for a first team. Any comments, suggestions or changes you all might have for me to better this team please post them. Don't worry, you won't offend me with anything so be completely blunt and honest with me. Thanks for checking this out.

I would replace Focus Blast on Nidoking with Fire blast as it gets the boost if the SunnyDay is still in effect and has higher accuracy plus the fact that a STAB EarthPower does the same amount of damage as FocusBlast.

For a replacement for Eelektross maybe a SubCalmMind Raikou set.

Raikou
Nature:Timd
Evs:128Hp/76Def/52SAtk/252Spe or 252SAtk/4SDef/252Spe
-Substitute
-CalmMind
-ThunderBolt
-HiddenPower(Grass,Ice)
Trait:Pressure

This set can be your main special sweeper and even do this set does have the weakness to ground you can easily switch into Charizard or Brongzong or just attack if you are protected by a Sub.

I've already switched out focus blast for fire blast. I played a few games with this team on PO and there were more instances where fire blast would be more useful over focus blast. I'll give that a try bc I'm not liking Eelektross at all. I need to look over the team again but I'm pretty sure I could use one or two guys that are SpD based bc I found myself getting taken out quickly by several different special attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)