ORAS UU My first UU team

Hey all! As the title says this is my first UU team I'm posting (and first thread as well). I've been following Smogon for a long time now but this is my first real steps in their site. Please, feel free to leave advice or changes for my team; I'm always willing to tweak things to make it better. :) I know it has a few problems and would love to hear what you experts have to say.

The team is centered around Mienshao, whom I have always been in love with since it's introduction.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Typical Scarfed Mienshao set, but I'm in love with it nonetheless. A quick U-turn combined with Regenerator make for an excellent combo to keep it alive and well through the match, and help with switching into my Walls to sponge potential hits. I use it mainly for Revenge kills, though it can also be used to sweep weakened teams once ghost types are eliminated.

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 Spe / 252 Hp
Jolly Nature
- Knock off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Krookodile helps support Mienshao by setting up Rocks and picking off ghost types, which are the bane of its existence. Stealth Rocks especially help out this team nab some KO's, since it's fairly defensive. I run a more defensive spread since it is my Stealth Rocker, and paired with Intimidate it is actually fairly bulky on the physical side.

Crobat @ No item
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 60 Def / 212 Spe / 240 Hp
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Crobat is here for a much welcome fighting and grass resistance and can control entry hazards with Defog. Crobat acts as my sponge for knock-offs, and I tweaked the Speed EV's to deal with Feraligatr. Of course Roost is here for recovery and Acrobatics to attack fighting and grass types. U-turn is here to gain momentum, though I was tied between it and Toxic for a while and still am.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Hp
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Classic CroCune. Both an effective wall to handle threats like Feraligatr, Entei and M-Aerodactyl and a late game sweeper. Suicune appreciates the removal of threats like Roserade from Crobat and also the Stealth Rocks provided by Krookodile, who in turn enjoys Suicune's ability to tank water attacks. After boosting, Suicune can either finish the game all together or leave teams weakened enough for Mienshao to pick them off.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Does it matter? :P (Flower Veil)
EVs: 232 Def / 24 SpD / 252 Hp
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

My team supporter who acts as a decent special wall who can Wish pass to other members of my team, such as Krookodile. Aromatherapy helps to alleviate potential burns to Mienshao or Krookodile, and pairs decently with the Pokemon on my team who rely on Rest for recovery. Florges can also deal with Hydreigon fairly easily, who could otherwise punch holes into the team.

M-Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 240 SpD / 16 Def / 252 Hp
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Another physical tank who patches up a few weaknesses in my team. Heavy Slam is an obvious STAB to nail Fairies while Earthquake provides good coverage and hits Steel, Fire, and Electric types hard. Rest/Talk combo for recovery and this guy can take hits for days. M-Aggron also pairs well with Florges; they can take hits aimed at one another and Florges supports M-Aggron with wish and Aromatherapy.

So there you guys go! Feel free to tear it apart and point out the glaring flaws; I'm certainly no expert and will admit that there could be some major moveset changes or new additions to this team. Thank you all for any edits or suggestions you make. :)

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
hey Yamikanzi, solid looking team! Although it's very standard looking, the sets on some of the mons are kind of unique. I'd like to recommend a couple of things that could really help this team.

First off, I'd like to play with the EV's/Abilities of a couple mons. On Crobat, since Feraligatr recently got introduced into the tier, the EV spread is kind of outdated. it's best to be invested 212 Speed (Jolly) on Crobat to beat +1 Adamant Gatr. It's just a small change but it could come up big one time. Also, this is just a small change (preference), but I would change this bat to Acrobat, mostly because this team doesn't appreciate opposing Krookodiles.

Crobat
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Defog
- Taunt / U-Turn

You're welcome to play around with the EV's, but the 212 Speed is essential.

Secondly, it says your Krookodile and Mienshao are Timid, I'm assuming that's a typo, but if not, change them to Jolly :]

Other than those subtle changes, I think it's a pretty solid team. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Yes, the Timid Krookodile is a typo. :P
I will defiantly make the changes to Crobat! The EV adjustment makes a lot of sense and I don't really have anything to take knock-off's, so I'll give the Acrobat set a whirl! Thank you!

this is pretty small, but because mega aggron is so weighty, i'd say that heavy slam > iron head in terms of base power/effectiveness; you'd probably want to switch those.
other than that i see a pretty solid team here, good luck in uu!

Thanks for your help guys! I really enjoy the Acrobat set on Crobat and we've won a few matches already. :) Though yesterday I was considering a few changes to the team:
1. I seem to have some troubles getting past bulky water types, so I was considering swapping Florges out for Rotom-Mow, though I'm unsure of what set to use.
2. The team also could use some more muscle, so I was going to tweak Krookodile to make him a more offensive Choice Band set or maybe life orb. Since he won't be carrying stealth rocks then, I was going to swap out Mega Aggron for Cobalion.
Thoughts???

rotom-mow might be good, especially for scaring out/crippling opposing crocune via a trick with specs/scarf set... that's an interesting option here, i've also been looking for something to counter crocune /: however, without florges, you lose aromatherapy, which really benefits your team. maybe consider roserade? it's a specially bulky grass/poison that also gets aromatherapy and can take a scald (burns don't trouble it with natural cure) and retaliate with a leaf storm to hit many bulky uu waters. it can also set up spikes/tspikes or spread status. just throwing out ideas here, though.
choice band/lo krook is an option, would you be using intimidate or moxie?
edit: pff totally didn't see cobalion, that's a viable sr setter for you - up to preference, it can take a lot of the moves crobat doesn't appreciate, which is definitely a plus.

Last edited:
Krookodile is there to handle Ghost types though, as the team is built around using Mienshao. Though Entei does have good coverage and Sacred Fire is crazy.
I do like the idea of Roserade, however. I'll look more into it.

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
sup yami solid balance team you have here. I just have a few suggestions regarding your krookodile and your mega aggron. As far as the mega aggron goes I would strongly suggest you to change rest and sleep talk for Roar and stealth rocks. Without roar your team is fairly weak to bulky set up sweepers like slowking, cresselia, and reuniclus who can eat a hit from your krookodile since it does not have max attack. Without the roar they can kill it and recover off the damage the following turn and proceed to sweep you from there. With the wish support from florges you have a reliable way in healing it so I dont see the need to run rest as much.

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

In regards to the krook set, since you will have SR on your mega aggron I can actually see and expert belt 4 attacks krook set working quite nice for you. In the event mega aggron gets too low or is removed from play, there is a huge hole for a mon like mega abomasnow to go through. Abomasnow will be able to take a heavy slam somewhat well and be able to get a +2 eq off on your mega aggron which if its weakened can take it out and proceed to really hammer on your team. With the added coverage on krookodile with superpower combined with the expert belt boost you can hit
Abomasnow for big damage and stop the sweep in its tracks. With the extra coverage from S power it allows you to bop anybody who tries to sneak their hydreigon in on you as well which is nice.

Krookodile @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Solid team all in all cune, aggron, florg core is p solid. Hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)