My First Wifi Team

This is a team i made to face people online with. I thought of many teams but this one was the best, however i'm still not completely sure about it.
Tell me any problems with it, and what i can do to make it better (I don't mind switching out pokemons or moves)

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly
Hyper Cutter
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- U Turn

Since i hate trying to predict who my opponent will use, i decided to put gliscor in my team as a scout (his U-Turn will take care of that)Stealth rock will help lower pokemon's hp and taunt is meant to annoy defensive pokemon, and then kill 'em with earthquake.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Hasty
Inner Focus
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Dragonite is meant to be the sweeper. With his surf and flamethrower he'll be able to take care of a good amount of types,while Roost is useful to recover off unexpected damage. Draco Meteor is a last resort against annoying dragons.

Porygon-Z @ Wise Glasses
Sassy
Adaptability
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power (Fighting)
- Tri Attack

Porygon is my back up sweeper after dragonite (haven't decided on making porygon or dragonite backup) His ice beam will take care of dragons, ground, flying, and grass pokemon. Hidden Power Fighting hits troublesome pokemon like Tyranitar and Heatran . Tri Attack will take care of many frail Pokemon such as Weavile and Azelf after they've taken Stealth Rock damage.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Quiet
Immunity
- Fire Punch
- Return
- Curse
- Self Destruct

Curse is his main attack, it boosts Snorlax's Defense and Attack while dropping its useless Speed, so that Snorlax is reasonably good at taking attacks from both attacking sides, and can deal decent damage itself. Return is for it's good damage. Fire punch will deal with ghosts and steels in case dragonite didn't make it, and self destruct is an emergency resource against unexpected twists.

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Bashful
Leaf Guard
- Grass whistle
- Roar
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade

Leafeon's role is to kill anything it can with it's grass whistle, swords dance, and leaf blade combo, and his great attack will also be a nice asset.The obvious downside is that GrassWhistle only works 55% of the time. Roar is to take out any pokemon leafeon can't handle or to simply know his/her team.

Gallade @ Salac Berry
Docile
Steadfast
- Substitute
- Brick Break/Close Combat (didn't decide yet)
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance

The strategy with this guy is pretty easy, first i switch in on something that can’t hurt Gallade, and set up a Substitute on the switch. Then keep using Swords Dance with Substitute until the Salac Berry activates. After that, sweep with Close Combat/Brick Break and Night Slash.

What do you think?

Edit: Dont worry about there stats or EVs, just need to know if anything is out of balance.

Salamence largely outclasses special Dragonite

Salamence @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe - Modest
Draco Metoer | Fire Blast | Hydro Pump | Roost/Dragon Pulse

Also, research what natures and EVs are, then you can take advantage of the boosts these provide (Also, there is no Mischievous nature)

why do you got all those weird natures? most of your natures don't help you, put timid or modest nature on porygon z, for snorlax put adamant nature, for gallade put jolly or adamant for leafeon put adamant, dragonites nature should be timid or modest since it is a physical attacker

why do you got all those weird natures? most of your natures don't help you, put timid or modest nature on porygon z, for snorlax put adamant nature, for gallade put jolly or adamant for leafeon put adamant, dragonites nature should be timid or modest since it is a physical attacker
Ya i know. When i found out the effects of natures i was already done trainin em. So now i guess i gotta start all over :S

Ya i know. When i found out the effects of natures i was already done trainin em. So now i guess i gotta start all over :S
Oof, that's crap so to say... Next time, first always search up the Natures of the Pokémon you want to have. Otherwise you get this again. Just a hint :P

Gliscor, a scout? chearite.

Gilscor lacks the amount of speed it takes to be a good scout. U-turn would probably end up going 2nd when goign one on one. Gliscor Has nice armor for such an occasion, but it's special defense lacks that buffness.

Gliscor is most commonly going to be faced with Iceshard. And an iceshard from a Weavile can cause this Flying bat to fall from it's nest. Stealth rock is good, taunt too for disrupting lead stackers and stallers. It's EV's should focus on speed and Defense if you're going in that direction.

I'll battle you though to test your team, Friendcode?

Gilscor lacks the amount of speed it takes to be a good scout. U-turn would probably end up going 2nd when goign one on one. Gliscor Has nice armor for such an occasion, but it's special defense lacks that buffness.

Gliscor is most commonly going to be faced with Iceshard. And an iceshard from a Weavile can cause this Flying bat to fall from it's nest. Stealth rock is good, taunt too for disrupting lead stackers and stallers. It's EV's should focus on speed and Defense if you're going in that direction.

I'll battle you though to test your team, Friendcode?
You obviously have no idea what you are saying. Ice Shard is very rare because the two common users of it ,Weavile and Mamoswine, are exceedingly rare in the OU meta game because of steel types. Gliscor is also decently fast and is faster than Scizor which is the most common scout. Saying that Gliscor is slow is bullshit. It's not by any means exceedingly fast, but 95 base speed is definitely not that slow, it's about average.

Well, without EV training, it's hard to rate. Natures, EVs, IVs, and movesets are exceedingly important. Without a good nature, a Pokemon could suffer from lower speed, attack, def, etc. If I were you I would download Shoddy Battle to become familiar with competitive battling. Download

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)