My Hail Annoyer Team

This is my first team so try to realize I am a rookie. The way I construct my team is through the use of creativity. I try all forms of combos with things. Some good and some bad. That is why this board will be like a home to me.

This team is a hail staller. Simple as it sounds, I get hail going and then I take use of the abilities of my ice Pokemon in a way that drowns the battle on and makes the foes faint of status effect or struggle recoil.
Alow me to begin

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252HP, 129Def, 129Spec Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute
- Blizzard

He gets all my battles off like any other hail team by any other smart person. This Abomasnow is built to have a constant heal stratigy to last long. Opening with a protect, then substitute, then leech seed, the rotate between protect and blizzard only using substitute when it burns off.

Weavile @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Speed, 129 Def, 60 Spec Def, 69 Atk
Jolly nature (+Spd, -Spec Atk)
- Ice Punch
- Protect
- Substitute
- Spite

Definately not your typical Weavile. Yes I know this'll get bad ratings as Weavile wasn't exactly built for this sort of thing but I tried and he works fine for me. Basicly I protect, then depending on how much PP the move has left, I'll spite the opponent or make a sub. If he is in kill range, I'll punch him right off the get go though.

Walrein @ Shell Bell
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP, 200 Def, 28 Spec Def
Relaxed natue (+Def, -Spd)
- Blizzard
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Hail

I love my Walrein. Using hail and the shell bell to heal while I toxic sub the opponent into submission works well. Walrein isn't exactly a piece of paper either. He takes hits very well and combined with double turnly heals, it works out even better for me.

Glaceon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Def, 252 Spec Def, 6 Spd
Calm natue (+Spec Def, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Wish
- Substitute
- Protect

Not the common one either. Again I blizzard them to kill em and combine wish with protect and subbing to form stallers to heal. You maybe asking, "Why the sitrus berry?", well, it does have its uses and this is one. That heal works really well for me, especially if it doubles up on the same turn as a wish to which I'm nearly full again.

Dewgong @ Salac Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Spec Def, 200 Hp, 58 Spd
Calm nature (+Spec Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Disable
- Endure
- Rest

This'll get more hate than Weavile. NO OFFENCIVE MOVES DEAR LORD! I encore you, I disable you, you struggle, I endure to hold on, berry activates, I speed up, I rest, you struggle, you do little damage, you kill yourself, I wake up, I repeat, you lose. That is basicly it. A simple, yet usefull repeating pattern.

Fross Lass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Spd, 129 Spec Atk, 129 Hp
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Hail
- Confuse Ray
- Headbutt (Flinch)

My favorite team mate. Using the focus sash, I'm garanteed to get a hail in battle providing the hail was stopped, after I get my hail up, then I begin my blizzards, or alternatively, confuse ray and head butt combo to old off the foes attacks until it faints.

Overall, I'm fairly happy with me team. This team is one of my four weather teams, this is my second favorite however I feel it'll rank low due to it being a fairly new one and still in the construction zone. Rate please as I'd highly appreciate it.

A nitpick,

First of all, why are you running hail on Froslass and Walrein? Abomasnow summons permanent hail, so basically you are wasting a slot. On Walrein, I would replace hail with Protect to survive longer and just be more annoying, and on Froslass, I'd replace hail with something like Thunderwave

My reason for that is in case somebody comes and changes the weather. That's all. Plus, hail helps those two out most with their abilities, so I chose to place it on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)