My Haunted Team

With Halloween fast approaching, I thought I'd brush off my Ghost team and take them for a spin. Ghosts can be very frustrating to deal with, as their immunities render common moves like Rapid Spin, Explosion, Extremespeed, and DynamicPunch useless. After battling a few times with Smogon users, however, it was apparent I needed changes. I made a few, and here they are... Your suggestions are encouraged and appreciated.

Spiritomb@Spooky Plate
Pressure
Quiet
244 HP / 48 Atk / 204 SpA / 12 Spe
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power(Fighting)
Shadow Sneak
Sucker Punch

Spiritomb is the bread and butter of this team. She is able to take most starters' attacks while frustrating Taunt users and dealing decent damage at the start of the match. It's a must-have for my Ghosts who hate Dark and other ghosts.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Pressure
Impish
252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
Earthquake
Ice Punch

Dusknoir is a pretty healthy Tank, also a must have. It is able to take at least a few physical attacks in stride, cripple threats like Scizor and Lucario with Will-O-Wisp, heal off the damage it takes with Pain Split, then hit back with the good type coverage of Earthquake and Ice Punch.

Mismagius@Leftovers
Levitate
Calm
252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Mean Look
Perish Song
Protect
Pain Split

Mismagius is running a Perish Trap set for one reason. To dismantle walls. Blissey, Registeel and Swampert go down very easily due to Mismagius's decent special bulk and access to the pseudo-healing of Pain Split. I think prediction would be important, though, to keep from Mean Looking a switch in.

Gengar@Choice Scarf
Levitate
Modest
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Explosion

The quintessential Ghost special sweeper, Gengar packs a heavy punch on many Pokemon. The perfect type coverage of Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball is further helped with Focus Blast to hit the pesky Steel or Dark types that can cause problems. Choice Scarf helps outspeed other pokes, including other Gengar.

Froslass@Choice Scarf
Snow Cloak
Timid
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Trick
Destiny Bond
Ice Beam
Spikes

Froslass is a wavering Ghost... It's ability is rendered useless due to my lack of Hail, and it's paper thin defenses and common weaknesses leave a bit to be desired. Still, being the only Ghost that can set up Spikes helps to whittle down switch ins. Tricking a Choice item at the right moment can also royally screw over the opponent. The Scarf also lets me outspeed offensive threats such as Aerodactyl to either hit hard with Ice Beam or get a free revenge kill with Destiny Bond.

Rotom@Life Orb
Levitate
Timid
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Substitute
Pain Split
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Rotom functions as a secondary sweeper in case Gengar goes down. Its handy resistances and immunities allows for a well placed switch in. Substitute allows the thin defenses to be shored up, with recovery from Pain Split. And of course the perfect coverage of Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball hits many hard.

Please leave suggestions/corrections if you could.. I really want to make this team the best it can be. Thanks!

You shouldn't even use spooky plate. I would suggest swapping spiritomb to a rest/Sleep talk/Calm mind/dark pulse set. This will give you a nice status absorber.

Thanks for the quick responses :) If you mean Spell Tag, Firefly, the boost from it is the same as Spooky Plate (20%). And wacky, I was running close to that set, except for Nasty Plot instead of Calm Mind... The reason I'm running this set is because Froslass was simply getting creamed as a lead, and Spiritomb both can last longer as a lead and deal more immediate damage than she can. You have a good point, though... the only thing that can potentially absorb status is Rotom's Substitute.... I'll have to think about RestTalk...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)