My Improved Stall Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright! This is a pretty decent team but still needs improvement. With out further adiou, here it is......
(My changes will be in red)

Hippowondon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 152HP/62Attk/252Def/44Spd
Nature: Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Slack off

The starter of this team and a great physical sweeper wall. Stealth Rock is there to set up. Ice Fang and Earthquake are there foe attacking purposes countering steel and dragon pokemon. Slack off is there to heal Hippowondon when it's health is fairly low.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252Def/252Spd/4HP
Nature: Impish
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird
-Roost

Another great physical wall. Spikes is there to set up another entry hazard. Whirlwind is to counter any pokemon trying stat boost. Brave Bird is there for attacking purposes. Roost is there to heal Skarmory when its health is low.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP/ 252 Def/108 SpDef
Nature: Calm
-Wish
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic
-Protect

Blissey, to my view, is the ultimate pokemon in terms of being a Special wall. Wish is there for healing and switch healing. Seismic Toss is there for coverage. Toxic is for extra damage to the opposing team and for pokemon trying to switch out running away from blissey. Protect is there for scouting purposes.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 1252HP/120Def/136SDef
Nature: Relaxed
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam
-Surf

Tentacruel is for getting rid of oppossing entry hazards. Toxic Spikes is another set of entry hazards for the opposing team. Ice Beam and Surf are for attacking and coverage.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 228HP/64SpA/216Spe
Nature: Timid
-HP (Electric)
-Wish
-Surf
-Protect

Vaporeon is good for countering Heatran and the pesky Gyrados that I had trouble with back then. It also gives a great chance of healing itself and the other members of my team.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252HP/168Def/88Spe
Nature: Bold
-Thunderbolt
-Overheat
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Ball

Used for countering any scizor trying to SD on itself to sweep me.

Please rate this team and give me feedback whether or not this team needs improvements (I know it does). Also, this team has A LOT of problems with gyrados's so i need suggetions of counters. Thanks.

I'm gonna do a quick rate so here it goes:

A heatran running Fire Blast/Earth Power/Hidden Power Grass/Explosion will run through your team, so i suggest that you use a vaporeon or suicune over teanta

Second thing is that you shouldnt wun wish on rachi cuz you already have it on bliss so you should use Iron head/Fire Punch/Ice Punch or Thunder Punch/U-turn or Thunder Punch

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out soon. But, I still feel like there is a major gap of defense in my team and have major problems with taking care of the opposing teams sweepers.......

Anyone have ideas?

Giving Suicune Hidden Power Electric over Substitute or Ice Beam will patch up your Gyarados weakness easily. If there's no specific reason for Skarmory to have so much Speed, put those EVs in Defense. Skarmory can phaze it but otherwise this team has no answer to a Swords Dancing Scizor, so you want to throw a bulky Zapdos or Gyarados somewhere in there. Also, because this is a stall team, I highly recommend a spinner.

Thanks all for suggesting these things to me . As being a novice competitive player, I really appreciate the help. My team is still open to any ideas to improve it. If anyone else has, please tell me. Any improvisation is appreciated once again. Thank you. ^^

Thanks all for helping me with my team. As a novice competitive player, the help is greatly appreciated. My team is still open to any ideas that anyone has. Any comment/suggetions are welcome. Thank you. ^^

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
O.K I will give this team a shot

Firtly Tentacruel works better than Forretress as it does similar things but it can soak up Toxic Spikes which hamper Stall. Removing Forretress also means that you lose a fire weakness so Heatran is less or a threat. Next I suggest a Vaporeon over SUicune with Wish, Protect, Surf Hp Electric. this beats Gyarados and supports your team with wish. There is nothing more annoying that that 2 wishers on a team, trust me. Like Golden Sun said, you need a spin blocker. Therefore Rotom H can be used over Zapdos. It resists Bullet Punch and can hammer scizor with an overheat or will-o-wisp

Hope I Helped

Have a Nice Day

Thanks for the ideas everyone. They make more sense and flow better with this team. My only concern is that, will Rotom have enough bulk to take care of scizor and other steel type pokemon and also other ghost types such as gengar. That's something i noticed as my team lacks ghost protection. I was thinking that a possible solution would be to give Rotom a life orb but if there are better soulution to this please tell me. Thank you. ^^

Tentacruel beats Infernape, Rotom beats Gyarados and Blissey spreads Wish around, so I don't see Vaporeon's role here.

As far as Ghost counters go, I have to say my personal favorite is Spiritomb. It has a lot of Special Defense and there's no measuring the psychological damage your opponent will sustain while trying to answer the "Pursuit or Sucker Punch?" question.

tentacruel? please. if you want a pokemon that reliably beats infernape, just use starmie. i use a choice scarf starmie on my stall team. hydro pump/trick/thunderbolt/ice beam. trick is to give you the edge against other stall teams. if they're rocking tyranitar, you can nail it on the switchin with hydro pump. you don't need vaporeon with blissey around, so swap it for swampert for roar or even suicune again, for restalk roar.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chioce Scarf Starmie would work, but if it goes over Tentacruel he loses Toxic Spikes. Personally I would prefer it is Chioce Scarf Starmie would go over Vaporeon instead since I agree now thats its overkill.

wow you guys put me in a tough situation. hahahahaha. Spiritomb is good for countering other ghosts, swampert and suicune are for roar and defense and attack coverage, and you have starmie which basically counters tyranitars, heatrans, infernape, etc. wow.... such a hard decision.
But the question is who would i replace....
I was thinking replace hippowondon for a SR swampert, but that will lose the extra damage the sandstorm gives, Then replace Vaporeon with the other pokemon you suggested.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Rule 3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
You need to improve on your descriptions - they're lacking in their current state. The majority of your descriptions tell us what your moves do, something which most users are already aware of. Try to explain why you chose a Pokemon, what it does, how does it contribute to the success of the team, etc. Have a look at some of the teams in the RMT archive to see what is expected. Try and stay away from 1-2 line descriptions, aim for at least 3 -4 lines. If you fix the descriptions properly, PM me the changes; if they are sufficient enough I will unlock your thread with the edited descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)