Gen 3 my netbattle team needs a fix

Skarmory(Leftovers)
Nature: Impish
Ev's: 252 HP, 100 Def, 100 SD, 58 ATk
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Drill Peck
-Toxic

its painfully standard, but this is what he's made for. i used roar until someone pulled out an exploud :( my bad. god im such a noob.

Tyranitar(Leftovers)
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 Spd, 252 ATk, 6 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake.

the physical sweeping standard. i like him better than tauntridos, and he's definitely a threat with this set-up.

Alakazam(Salac Berry)
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 SA, 252 Spd, 6 HP
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-Thunderpunch/Substitute

my special sweeper of choice now. cant decide if i want sub or another attack though.

Ludicolo(Leftovers)
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 140 Def, 100 HP, 200 SD, 70 SA
-Surf
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis

annoys the crap out of people. nuff said.

Umbreon(Leftovers)
Ev's: 252 HP, 129 SD, 129 Def
-Mean Look
-Substitute
-Confuse Ray
-Baton Pass

i love this guy. passing a mean look is just plain gravy. as is passing a sub. confuse ray is a decent utility move, but i could use a different move if needed.

Swampert(Leftovers)
Ev's: 252 SD, 129 Atk, 129 Def
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Rock Slide

standard cursepert. nice pokemon for sure.

alright, there it is. tell me what you think. its gotting me a nice amount of wins, but unfortunately not as much as i would like. so have at it.

Uh dude why does Salamence have choice band when you're using Elemence? Choice Band only raises your atk and not satk.

no thats not true, there have been plenty of special attacking choice band sets in adv. its only in d/p that its only atk, thats why they had choice specs. in adv, it ups the power of any move u use, not ur attack stat.
stop it stop it go learn pokemon again...as me and 2 other have stated...Choice band DOES NOT raise special attack

stop it stop it go learn pokemon again...as me and 2 other have stated...Choice band DOES NOT raise special attack
im not talking about the stat. in d/p, yes choice band does atk and specs do SA. but in adv, choice band does nothing to either stat, it simply raises the power of any attack you use. ive used the choice band plenty of times, and it did exactly that. now can we stop wasting time arguing about something stupid like this, and can someone RMT plz instead of a single item?

ok dude you stop talking because you're making yourself worst choice band does NOT work like that please get it straight it 1.5 your ATTACK STAT and just your attack stat please stop you need to get your facts straight choice band does not raise the power of the moves...

also your team loses to taunt ddtar there fix it...

wow this is interesting. for 3 years ive been thinking choice band only raised attack. gee im stupid. goofball is also stupid.

because thousands of special move choice band sets wouldnt have been created or anything. how has everyone missed this...

ugh i did not make this, so everyone could argue about this. its a RMT, not a "ur completely wrong, fix this." im only gonna say this once, special move choice band sets have been made for adv plenty of time, they do work. i used them, and they DID WORK. otherwise, i wouldnt be saying so. now, im not gonna say anymore on it, so if you have something useful to add, feel free to do so. now does anyone have something better to add, like idk,.. a rate/fix? i mean, i thought thats what happened in a RMT thread. sheesh.

As for your team I can't see how you beat the sub jirachi; Dragon Dancing Salamence might also give you problems, consider using Swampert over Ludicolo or Suicune. Killing Rest Talking Zapdos might also be problematic
Regice/Snorlax might help with that. Also please lose Choice Band on Salamence as it won't raise your special attack, even lum berry or leftovers are better. Chesto on Skarmory is kind of =/ lose it for leftovers; consider using either toxic or substitute over rest.

As for your team I can't see how you beat the sub jirachi; Dragon Dancing Salamence might also give you problems, consider using Swampert over Ludicolo or Suicune. Killing Rest Talking Zapdos might also be problematic
Regice/Snorlax might help with that. Also please lose Choice Band on Salamence as it won't raise your special attack, even lum berry or leftovers are better. Chesto on Skarmory is kind of =/ lose it for leftovers; consider using either toxic or substitute over rest.
THANK YOU. someone who actually helps me. and im switching salamence out for a tauntitar. and blaziken is going out for alakazam. ill adjust skarmory, add in swampert. and where should i put in snorlax? ill edit my first post with the changes. thank you.

ok...you're completely wrong that is not how Choice band works...ok since you want a rate...

Skarmory - Max hp and Max Def you don't need attack or anything else really.

Blaziken - Pick sword dance and Rock Slide since mence will commonly switch into it

Salamence - use Hidden power fly,EQ,RS,DE

Ludicolo - EVs: 208 HP / 124 Def / 40 SAtk / 136 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

much more useful spread

umbreon - is useless add claydol over it to solve your ddtar/mence/jirachi problem and rapid spin eq ice beam filler

suicune - screw spec def its pointless just stick everything into HP and Def and maybe a little bit in spec att if you care

and thank you for arguing with me when you're clearly wrong...

good bye

Eh dude don't lose Salamence, otherwise Heracross will rip through this team; you're just making a bigger weakness to it. I don't see the point of umbreon really consider using snorlax over it since you don't have any point of it tbh. Another route you can go is lose Alakazam for Dugtrio + Sand Storm, as that will kill heracross no matter what set it's using.

weird how nobody has mentioned yet that skarmory can't have drill peck and whirwind in the same set; that means either go drill peck/roar or hp flying/whirwind

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
This is ADV; not D/P. Choice Band raises both Physical and Special Attacks.
Don't ever rate another Advance team. This is completely false; if you don't know ADV don't rate ADV teams. The end. Choice Band only raises Physical attacks.

Skarmory(Leftovers)
Ev's: 252 HP, 100 Def, 100 SD, 58 ATk
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Drill Peck
-Toxic

its painfully standard, but this is what he's made for. i used roar until someone pulled out an exploud :( my bad. god im such a noob.

As already been said, Drill Peck+Whirlwind is illegal. In my experiences, it's not so much a good idea to have Skarmory as the lead role, because the most common starters tend to be Zapdos, or Salamence, with some Jolteons around, who Skarmory wants no business with any of those.

If you want to use Toxic on Skarmory, this is probably a better EV spread:

EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

However, if you wanted a more defensive one:

EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 192 Def / 48 Spd

But anyways, do not have this as your lead Poke, even Aerodactyls can create havoc as the starter.

Tyranitar(Leftovers)
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 Spd, 252 ATk, 6 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake.

the physical sweeping standard. i like him better than tauntridos, and he's definitely a threat with this set-up.

This would probably be a better starter tbh, if nothing it starts the Sandstorm, while spreading fear to the likes of Salamence, Zapdos, Aerodactyl, Jolteon and others, with only Swampert being able to scare it off, or perhaps Metagross. Tyranitar isn't going to do much more with that speed than it would do with around 200 speed, so the rest of that could go into your HP for more likely random survivals.

Alakazam(Salac Berry)
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 SA, 252 Spd, 6 HP
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-Thunderpunch/Substitute

my special sweeper of choice now. cant decide if i want sub or another attack though.

Salac berry probably won't do Alakazam any good, considering it's tied for the second fastest used Poke, behind only Jolteon and Aerodactyl. You're better off using a support move, such as Encore, to help set up against Blissey should it Heal Bell or recover itself, or add in Hidden Power Water, which helps against Houndoom, as well as Tyranitar.

Ludicolo(Leftovers)
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 140 Def, 100 HP, 200 SD, 70 SA
-Surf
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis

annoys the crap out of people. nuff said.

I don't it'd annoy as much considering under the storm, Synthesis will only heal itself less than you would have thought, making it almost a waste of a move. Your team seem to have slight troubles with a Dragon Dancing, Fire Blasting Salamence, so consider Milotic in it's place. With constant Recovers, as well as being able to Toxic, you have a steady TSS thing going on already and also another great phsyical wall.

Umbreon(Leftovers)
Ev's: 252 HP, 129 SD, 129 Def
-Mean Look
-Substitute
-Confuse Ray
-Baton Pass

i love this guy. passing a mean look is just plain gravy. as is passing a sub. confuse ray is a decent utility move, but i could use a different move if needed.

If you're going to fully use the potetnial of Umbreon, it's probably best to run Taunt over Confuse Ray, and perhaps Wish over Substitute. This way, you can just pass the trapping affects of Mean Look and kill one thing at a time while they can't do anything. Wish will also help keep Alakazam as well as Salamence alive for further sweeping opportunities. You should also probably go with a spread like:

EVs: 212 HP / 68 Def / 228 Spd

With that speed, you're going to outspeed all Adamant Tyranitars, which is very helpful. You'll also end up with nearly idential defensive stats, combined with Max Leftovers HP it can achieve, gives it better all around defense.

Swampert(Leftovers)
Ev's: 252 SD, 129 Atk, 129 Def
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Rock Slide

standard cursepert. nice pokemon for sure.

Not as standard as you think. You're probably better off with Mixpert:

EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Toxic / Roar / Protect

In the the third slot, you can decide if you want power, or accuracy. The last slot have many uses. Toxic further increases your team to have 3 Toxicers, making you even more annoying, or Roar for more Puesdo hazing, in case Skarmory gets in trouble. Protect can scout moves as well as prevent you from being exploded on.

alright, there it is. tell me what you think. its gotting me a nice amount of wins, but unfortunately not as much as i would like. so have at it.

With those changes, your team has pretty much transformed into a typical TSS team. However there is a problem with the team and that would be Raikou and Zapdos. The most likely canidate to be moved would be Alakazam, preferably for a Flygon, who in conjunction with Swampert, will solve that electric weak as they only have HPIce or HPGrass, but never both!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)