My New UU Team (Peaked 340)

This team peaked 340, which I realize isn't amazing, but it's good for me as far as uu goes.

So here is my first somewhat successful UU team. I never could get a good grasp on the metagame before, but I finally think I have something kind of nice, and with a few tweaks, may be able to make it pretty far.

Alakazam @ Life Orb - Untouchable Sweeper
Nature: Modest [+SpA, -Atk]
Ability: Magic Guard
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball (trying to think of something better for here)
In Depth:
Oh, Alakazam, how I love you so. Zam here can sweep whole teams who aren't prepared for him. With his new ability Magic Guard, he takes no recoil from life orb. He's the reuniclus of uu if there was permanant TR. I like modest over timid, but the only bad news is scolipede outspeeds if it has a +Spe nature. Now, Psychic is there for obvious reasons. It's STAB and has good power with 100% accurate. Psyshock is another good option, but when testing it pokes kept living with the tiniest smidgens. Focus Blast is for coverage, same for Shadow Ball. Focus Blast is there for stuff like steels, and Shadow Ball is there for stuff like other psychics or ghosts. Energy Ball is just filler. I'm definitely accepting options in Energy Ball's place. Also, I may change LO to Focus Sash, seeing as it's absolutely amazing as well.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf - Raw Scarfed Power
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SpA]
Ability: Guts
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit
Heracross is my main revenge killer if I don't want to use Zam for it. Close Combat is STAB with seriously high power. Adamant instead of Jolly for that extra bit of power since the speed is rarely needed. Megahorn is there for STAB again, along with it's high power like CC. Stone Edge is coverage and just a good move. Granted, it does miss when most needed, but whaya gonna do? Pursuit is to trap some threatening pokes and to add more coverage. I could use EQ in it's place, but so far I'm thinking Pursuit.

Bisharp @ Life Orb - Priority STAB Monster
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SpA]
Ability: Inner Focus
6 Spe / 252 Atk / 252 HP
-Sucker Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance
Goodness, this is the best sweeper in the UU metagame. No, I'm serious. Yes, I know that's probably not true, but hey, it gets the job done like no other. Sucker Punch is the main attacking move, simply because of it's priority (when the moves used are attacking) and STAB. Night Slash is also STAB and is usually what I use when predicting a nonattacking move. Brick Break is to take out opposing Bisharps or anything else I need taken out with it that resists Dark. Swords Dance, once set up, means GG. Yep, just GG. Unless I'm madly outpredicted with Sucker Punch, there's no chance.

Shaymin @ Life Orb - Extra Power (replacable)
Nature: Timid [+Spe, -Atk]
Ability: Natural Cure
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Seed Flare
-Air Slash
-Earth Power
-Rest
Yea, Shaymin's a good poke. Is it vital to this team's success? Probably not. Its decent bulk with good power and speed make it quite good though. Seed Flare (again, a move that always misses when needed) is a great move because of its power. Timid over Modest to outspeed other base 100 speeds without +Spe Natures or scarfs. Oh, and LO is there for the extra power, since Shaymin isn't used really for anything but putting damage onto things for my other pokes to clean up. Anyway, Air Slash is for coverage, and it's a good move in general. The flinching makes it very useful. Earth Power is for coverage. Rest, finally, is for when health is low and Shaymin may be needed later. I don't seem to use it often, but it is handy thanks to Shaymin's Natural Cure ability.

Milotic @ Leftovers - Special Wall
Nature: Calm [+SpD, -Atk]
Ability: Marvel Scale
40 Def / 216 SpD / 252 HP
-Scald
-Dragon Tail
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Milotic is my special wall. This is a pretty standard moveset and stuff, and these are the EVs I like. Scald is for that burn chance, which is just great. Dragon Tail is useful for forcing others out. Rest and Sleep Talk are a great combination with Marvel Scale. Oh gosh, Milotic is very hard to hit while asleep. I know this description is pretty short, but I can't think of anything else to say. Oh yea, I'm definitely accept better ideas on bulky waters. Milotic is good, but I think there could be better.

Zapdos @ Leftovers - Defensive Wall
Nature: Bold [+Def, -Atk]
Ability: Pressure
4 SpA / 252 HP / 252 Def
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave
-Roost
-Toxic
Here is my defensive wall, Zapdos. The EV's and nature is for extra defensive and bulk. Okay. Thunderbolt is good STAB, while Heat Wave is good coverage. Roost is to gain back the health potentially lost. Toxic is what I like on this Zapdos, but I may change this to T-Wave. I'm not sure. I like being able to cripple walls, but it'd be nice to stop some very threatening sweeps. So yea, that's about all I can say about Zapdos.

Well this is my new UU team. I'm more of an OU player, but I'm liking UU so far. I could maybe use Stealth Rock on this team but I don't really have room for it here. If you have any good ideas please let me know, and just know any criticism is appreciated.

Hi, I have been playing UU a lot lately and I think I have a few suggestions. First, I think you should put Substitute as a fourth move on Alakazam. I made this change recently on one of my teams and it has worked very well since Alakazam causes quite a few switches and the Substitute can protect you from being picked off by priority or pursuit. Secondly I think you should replace Shaymin with Donphan as it will give you both a rapid spinner and a poke that can set up stealth rocks which are very necessary to help with the popular fire types in UU (Darmanitan, Chandelure etc.).
The set I usually use is
Donphan @ leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
252 HP/ 188 ATT/ 68 DEF
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Shard
You can also invest more in defenses if you think Zapdos needs help taking physical hits. Overall I think this is a good start to a team though and I agree that Bisharp is really good in UU right now as is Alakazam.

You have a huge weakness to sub zam, it comes in on almost anything and can Ohko it or set up a sub, and beats bisharp with correct prediction. To fix this I would just change your zam to timid so it doesnt lose to other zams and toss pursuit on heracross over night slash.

You mentioned that you're trying to find a filler for Energyball, here's some suggestions & reasons for them:
•Energball: Used for Physically Bulky waters; Swampert, Suicune, etc.
•CalmMind:With great prediction, LifeOrb+ CalmMind boosted attacks OHKO everything not named Scizor & Sp.bulky Blissey.
•ChargeBeam: Hit's harder w/ LifeOrb boost & a chance to raise Sp. Attack & become an even more drastic Sp. Sweeper.
•Recover: Replenishes HP; Avoids a Sucker punch damage(Must predict its use).
•Psyshock: Hit's Blissey w/ brute force & it inflicts physical damage while allowing Zam to CalmMind boost itself without being severely walled by Blissey's Softboil-Heal techniques. Magic Guard allows Zam to be unaffected by Toxic & Will-o-wisp damage.
•Trick: Prefered when holding FlameOrb/ToxicOrb. Allows you to Trick into holding Blissey's abused & beloved item, Leftovers. Or Latios's famous LifeOrb abuse.
↑Rmember that they're just options. I use CalmMind myself, & it works very well against Sp. Attackers:
Timid@LifeOrb
1: Psychic/Psyshock
2: Focus blast
3: Shadow ball
4: Calm Mind
Ev. Spread: 4/0/0/252/0/252

Okay, but Blissy and Swampert aren't uu, they're ou. And yea, I think pusuit would be good in Heracross. Thanks

Okay, but Blissy and Swampert aren't uu, they're ou. And yea, I think pusuit would be good in Heracross. Thanks
Sorry, forgot the fact of UU. Swampert has an even bulkier cousin, Quagsire w/ the same typing & common access to Curse, who is beginning to appear more due to it's ability Unaware.

Yea, that's actually the main reason I had energy ball on there in the first place. You know, since what Quagsire would stay in on a Shaymin? lol

Hey guys, I'm going to bump this just to make sure no one else has anything to add. Thanks, a lot of the changes have really been working. :)

Hey, if ever you want to battle, you should message me. I want to test out a few UU teams of my own as well. ^-^ *Just a thought

So i tried this team and i must say it does wonders. Its very well balanced. One suggestion i have is to switch Shaymin for Ambipom as offensive lead.
I also switched Energy Ball for Charge Beam on Alakazam so you can raise your special attack even more against bulkier types, as said by CedOmega.

Im low rating and dont have much experience yet but i do feel Ambipom is performing better for me. Good job anyway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)