Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/100 Def/156 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef -Spd)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback

Move Set Explanation:
This thing is incredible is sets up on so many things, Spikes and Toxic spikes are obvious, rapid spin is too. The last move slot is fought by Payback, painsplit (lol), Gyro ball, Explosion, Rest. Gyro ball can easily KO Gengar but Rotom-a seems to be more popular so I decided payback over Gyroball. I dont like Forre being taunt bait with no attacking moves, so rest and pain split are byebye. Explosion.. it hurts.. but I'd like this to live through the whole game and my prediction skills arent the best.. 0 Speed IVs and -speed nature to max payback's power and can hopefully be slower than other Forres to spin after them.

Why Him?
Because its bulk and ability of spikes and toxic spikes and rapid spin, but it lacks the option for recovery with can be a let down, but I can always WishPass it. I like it better than Tenta and Skarm because it generally needs prediction to do handle it because of payback, hazards and rapid spin.

EVs:
252 HP is obvious, I split the rest between SDef and Def for better bulk on both sides, I could live both hits.

What to do against top 10 leads:
Azelf - Go to Swampert to avoid both fire blast and taunt then Ice beam and possibly witch to Rotom for Explosion.
Aerodactyl - Payback or Swampert for icebeam
Swampert - I love this thing I will just set up and spin away rocks, while it usually just eqs and do ridiculus dmg.
Machamp - GO TO GYARA IMMEDIATELy, then waterfall
Metagross - Another set up fodder, but watch up for explosion.
Jirachi - I usually just set up or switch to Swampert, for Fire punch.
Infernape - I go to Swampert and Set up.
Ninjask - I set up 1-2 layers of spikes then go to pert and set up SR then roar or just roar from the beginning.
Roserade - this is somewhat dangerous lead by Celebi and rotom and Blissey are my main choices
Hippowdon - Another set up fodder for Forre but it usually roars.

This guy's Borque the left wingof the Flames because of his importance and the things he does for the team, as Borque has the most goals on the team.

Iginla (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/156 Def/60 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Dance

Move Set Explanation:
Obvious Stuff, Roar over DD for phazing and better against breloom and scouting counters.

Why Him?
Because it gives me another status absorber and also can be a physical wall with phazing and intimidate, walls breloom as he can tear apart stall at times and can just be phjysical wall, but it can threaten heatran too. But SR weakness is a let down, but I guess that's why Rapid spin is for. I used him over other walls because its natural bulk, and immunity for spikes and toxic spikes and only 2 weaknesses.

EVs:
252 to max out HP, and I find only 200 Def is needed because of Intimidate and it doesn't make much of a difference, as I like to put some EVs in SDef too.

Iginla the Capitain of the team, he is necessary for the Flames, as so is Gyarados, the team falls apart without him.

Registeel @ Leftovers
176 def/252 sp def/80 atk
Bold
~Iron Defense
~Seismic Toss
~Rest
~Shadow Claw

Move Set Explanation:
Recover and Grass knot are somewhat obvious choices, perish song was for baton chain teams and can same me at alot of times for set up sweepers. The last move was decided among Reflect, Light Screen, Leech seed, HP fire, Earth Power, Uturn, Thunderwave. Thunderwave is eliminated due to that it stops me from poisoning thiongs but it can be useful at times. HP fire and Earth Power gives me coverage over Heatran and HP fire. but since Heatran is generally faster so I took out earth power but HP fire is still an option. Uturn is very useful for scouting and is a nice combo with perish song. Reflect, Light screen makes me set up easier, and Leech seed saps away ur opponents health and can annoy ur opponent alot. Reflect/Light screen was chosen because Scizor is handled by gyara rotom and pert and forre which is enough and I find setting up alot easier when one of the screens is in play. Uturn gives me scouting abilities but Id rather easier set up than that. But the momentum gained from uturn is very useful.

Why Him?
He takes care of alot set sweepers and baton chain teams with perish song and has good bulky and has recover and can handle most if not all grass types mainly Shaymin. The screens helps my teams with bulky sweepers. It also forces alooooooooooooot of switches with Perishsong to more abuse entry hazards.

EVs:
200 HP is to put more bulk into base 100 HP, and the rest is split between def and SDef, but I prefer 200 Def cuz I usually have light screen which so i dont need much SDef. But I sometimes use 200 SDef and put Reflect, so t alternates. I would prefer a better spread.

White, the insane Defensemen of Calgary, and has alot of assists, like Celebi, who assists the rest of team.

Regehr (Swampert) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/136 Def/122 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Move Set Explanation:
Standard set but Sometimes protect can be over roar. Sometimes I use this as my lead. What needs explaining. SR is necessary, I chose Ice beam over water fall because I need it to KO dragons because it's my main answer to them. although having a water move would be nice but I prefer roar.

Why Him?
After looking at my team I needed SR and something to walll dragons and KO them back. Pert also handles infernape (survives grass knot) and Heatran (survies HP grass). His excellent typing and defebnse stat puts at an huge advantage in stall teams. Roar is another of its abilities to shuffle things around more. I guess there wasnt a main reason i put him on here, just to Test out one of my favourite pokes.

EVs:
EVs are odd, max out HP, and the 122 SDef and Sassy nature makes sure I survive a grass knot from max ape, and HP grass from timid heatran. and the rest goes to Defense.

Regehr, solid defensemen, nothing goes through him.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 176 HP/156 Def/24 Spd/54 SAtk/100 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

Move Set Explanation:
This will my main attacking option, with Tbolt and Sball, and Crippling things like scizor ttar, gyarados, I know I should add sleep talk on there but I just don't want to take away my status move and my 2 STABs, because shadow ball kills off resttalk rotoms because they almost never have shadow ball, and I have more speed on this thing. This will also be my other breloom counter with enough bulk and defense to survive 3 seed bombs will 2-3HKOing them.

Why Him?
Spin Blocker, not affected by entry hazards cept stealth rock, and isn't as frail as gengar. this can also cripple physical sweepers and 2HKO most of them after SR and Spikes. There really isnt much ghosts to choose from.

EVs:
176 to put enough HP into it, 156 for Defenses to survie Crunch from Scarf Tar and +1 Crunch from Jolly Lucario, and 24 EVs to outspeed most non scarf magnezones and breloom which is really hjelpful. The rest is put into SDef and SpA for extra special defense and dmg. Although coul use a better spread.

The oldest player of the Flames, at the centre positions, it holds together the attack of the Flames.

Kiprusoff (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Move Set Explanation:
WishPass set, but only 2 of my pokes lack recovery, flamethrower to get lucarios and scizors and forres and sub gengar. Toxic to inflict status. This thing is always on a stall team because it is the best sp wall out there. Protect scouts explosions, tricks, etc.

Why Her?
Any better sp wall? exactly

EVs:
252 to max out HP, 200 to near max Defense and the rest goes to SDef, and the is Calm to handle LO focus blast from gengar and LO seed flares and LO Fire blasts from heatran. But sometimes Bold can be really useful.

The goalie of Flames, Kiprusoff is amazing and never lets anything get pass it, as Blissey walls all special attackers.

Although this team has been very successful, but its no where near perfection, that's why I posted it here for you guys to make it perfect.

Threat list:

Tyranitar: Gyarados can intimidate it and switch in on eq, and superpower and swampert walls it nicely and Forre can take hits too.
Gyarados: Rotom-w can take +1 jolly LO waterfalls and KO back with Tbolt
Infernape: gyara and pert
Azelf: mainly pert
Rhyperior: celebi, pert mainly
Electivire: pert and rotom
Heracross: Gyara and pert and rotom
Togekiss: Blissey can Toxic it and stall it out.
Gengar: Blissey
Raikou: Blissey, and swampert if no HP grass
Lucario: Rotom and gyara
Starmie: Blissey and celebi
Weavile: Forre, pert, gyara
Dugtrio: pert rotom, forre, celebi, gyara..
Alakazam: Blissey
PorygonZ: Blissey
Staraptor: Rotom, Gyara, pert
Slowbro: Blissey and Celebi
Machamp: Celebi and Gyara
Jolteon: Blissey
Aerodactyl: Pert and celebi and forre and rotom
Snorlax: pert gyara celebi
Zapdos: Blissey
Blissey: Gyara, pert, toxic spikes
Suicune: Celebi gyara (if no hp electric)
Sceptile: special: blissey, phiscal: celebi and rotom
Breloom: gyara, celebi, rotom
Slaking: Blissey (protect)
Tangrowth: Rotom, Gyara, celebi
Ninjask: Gyara, pert, celebi
Metagross: Rotom, pert
Heatran: Blissey, pert, gyara
Celebi: Rotom, blissey
Jirachi: Rotom, pert

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if this could work, but it seems with two Resters (one without ST) and 3 vulnerable to Tspikes a Cleric would do well. Since you have recovery on everything besides Forre and Pert (Forre doesn't even need recovery, it just has to lay down hazards), Wish isn't necessary. Maybe Replace Wish with Softboiled and Protect with Aromatherapy/Heal Bell.

Since you already have 3 Phazers and a Blissey, do you really NEED them? Protect on Swampert is really helpful for scouting/racking up Tspikes damage... Just a suggestion.

Great stall team, too!

Hi Devin,

At a glance, this appears to be a well constructed stall team with some original choices as well. You basically have all the essential components of a stall team and counters to every threat out there, but I can this team struggling a bit against MixNite, MixGon and NP Infernape. Without resorting to a complete slot replacement, I'd advocate running a 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpDef with a Careful nature on Gyarados to take hits more efficiently from the special side of attacking spectrum. Gyarados will still be able to take on physical threats thanks to Intimidate and max HP but will also be capable of switching in on Draco Meteors and Fire Blasts, keeping threats like MixNite, MixGon, Infernape and Heatran at bay while retaining the ability to do what you were previously doing.

Sleep Talk > Shadow Ball on Rotom-W in my opinion. You seriously don't want to be wasting two turns and potentially get Pursuited. Unless you like the coverage and STAB Shadow Ball provides, Sleep Talk is the superior option most of the time.

Running SpDef EVs on Swampert to take a Grass Knot from Infernape is kinda pointless when you can get KOed with a bit of residual damage. Gyarados can easily switch-in anyway so just go with a 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe EV spread anf Relaxed to maximize your ability to take hits from things like Tyranitar and random Outrages...

As for minor changes, Leech Seed might be worth a shot on Celebi in the last slot. You get an extra way of gradually wearing down the opponent especially with entry hazards and can help keep team mates healthy. 36 Spe EVs is also important imo. It allows you to outspeed max Speed Jolly TTar (namely DD) and nail him.

Again, this is a solid stall team, that's why I only suggested small changes, but those can make a difference, so give them a try, gl!

Maybe its just a typo, but I believe an impish nature would work better on Gyara since that doesn't hinder his attack stat. You could also try roar over dragon dance for phazing stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)