My offensive team!

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Team caelum. (don't ask, it's really my team)

Team Rockin' Republic

Introduction
Well after using stall and getting tired of it, I decided to try out a purely offensive team. This team started out with no bulk, and just mainly sweepers, but I cleaned it up a bit, and added some bulk and this is what I came up with. This team got 2 of my accounts to a pretty decent number. SoT topping at 1550, and Rockin Republic at 1470. Rockin Repbulic got that score in around an hour to two hours of laddering, while SoT climbed from around 1200 back up. I was planning on getting this team to the top of the leaderboard or somewhere near it, but I just don't have enough patience or time to do so. This team is by far one of my favorites, because it's focusing on getting 2 of my favorite pokemon in for sweeps. Some credit should be given to the following people:
Diamondplayer44 - Thanks for helping me out with this team.
RB Golbat - He helped me out with a few pokemon
Colonel M - He helped me with the EV's for a pokemon, and also helped construct the team a bit.

The Team

The Gameplan
Basically the whole plan of this team was to pound the opponents in with non-stop pressure. It was also designed to either get a Lucario or Rhyperior sweep. Every member serves a purpose to the overall well-being of the team. If one member goes down, I lose a vital part of the defensive core, since most of this team is frail, I can't be repeatedly switching in and out, and just have to overwhelm the opponent early on. This team generally has trouble with well thought out Stall teams, and just bulky teams used by above average battlers. It can take on other offensive teams with ease, it just doesn't have a very reliable way to beat out stall teams.

Inside Scoop

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion - just a way to get in a sure kill before leaving the battlefield. I generally like to save him for a pokemon that can cause me trouble, like Swampert. If I have to, I will explode on other leads, just so I don't go down in the game too early.
- Fire Blast - For the steel leads in general. A lot of people don't expect the first turn Fire Blast, so when I 2hko their zong it usually comes as a suprise.
- Psychic - For leading Gengars, who causes this team problems. If I take him out early, I can play this team a lot more effectively than I can with him aliv.e
- Stealth Rock - To get the momentum in my favor, and get it in my favor early. Stealth Rocks is easily the most broken move in this game, and it's always good to take advange of; especially on offensive teams.
---

Suicune @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind - Boosts up attacking power, so I can get those OHKO's on certain pokemon. Zapdos/Celebi to be specific.
- Surf - On here to abuse STAB. Helps cover Tran, and bulky grounds who can cause some trouble to this team.
- Ice Beam - Here so the Dragons don't get to out of hand. Also to kill unsuspecting Zapdos, who believe they counter Suicune, catches a Celebi every now and again as well.
- Hidden Power [Electric] - Here for Gyarados, he causes trouble to this team, so I figured I would throw this guy in to help solve that problem.
---

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance - Just to boost up attack and speed so I can become a very threatening offensive beast.
- Earthquake - Hit the steels that outrage doesn't get besides Zong and Skarm, who I really don't plan on staying in against anyway.
- Outrage - Just a ridiculous move on this guy, and I abuse it to the fullest. It can take out so many pokemon now that it would have missed with Dragon Claw, this guy is an absolute monster.
- Roost - Just to regain health so I can continue sweeping, or setting up depending on the circumstances. Also helps to PP Stall CB Stone Edges directed towards him.
---

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion - To take out a pokemon that's troublesome, or just to go out with a bang.
- Fire Blast - STAB, and a very high powered move that can weaken or even kill a lot of pokemon.
- Hidden Power [Ice] - for Salamence/Dragonite locked in outrage. Basically the only use it ever gets during battle.
- Earth Power - For other trans, basically. Never really sees any use besides trying to hit bulky waters and hope for the Sp. Def drop.
---

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP/192 Atk/168 Spd/16 SDef
- Substitute - Helps it avoid status, and makes it easier to set up.
- Swords Dance - Boosts its already ridiculous attack and makes it quite the offensive threat.
- Stone Edge - For the flying types hoping to dodge and earthquake.
- Earthquake - For every pokemon that is not part flying, or has levitate. After a SD, it completely dominates anything in its way.
---

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Close Combat - STAB, and just a great move in general. After a SD not to many pokemon can survive this.
- Crunch - For Ghosts and Cresselia switching in hoping they can status or cause a switch. Not to many people expect this over bullet punch nowadays.
- Extremespeed - For the faster pokemon, not to many pokemon can survive this after an SD, due to the fact that most faster pokemon are generally frail.
- Swords Dance - Boosts the Attack to god knows what. After this baby gets an SD in, not to many people like to stay in to the end of the battle.
---

Conclusion
Well that's my team. Thanks for taking the time to read it. I hope you enjoyed it, and I look forward to seeing your rates. =D

Great team, SoT.

However, I do have one suggestion. 4 Stat-uppers seems like one too many imo. In the place of DD Mence, I suggest you try a CB Mence, which also helps beat down stall.

Again, outstanding job. This is only a suggestion as far as Mence. The team obviously performs great the way it is.

Edit: Technically Rhyperior doesnt take 200% from fighting figuring in Solid Rock. With his colossal defense, he can take Close Combats fine. Also, MixApe isnt going to run through this team at all. Luke has extremespeed, Mence is a fine counter if it doesnt have hp ice, Suicune lives through Grass Knots, Scarftran revenge kills it, Azelf Psychic, etc. Machamp is slower than everyone on the team except Rhyperior and he takes massive damage from everyone as well. SoT can certainly play around Machamp.

Wouldn't a Zapdos just piss all over this team? Especially a LO one.

CBTar somewhere would be cool, it would support Rhyperior and get rid of Zapdos, but I can't suggest who to get rid of since it would ruin your synergy.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I kinda agree on the Zapdos thing, though its an offensive team which works on prediction, and I'm gonna take a guess and say Rhyperior does the job of taking out Zapdos (great use of Rypherior)?

Anyway, I like this team, but I've tried that Rhyperior (with SS support) and personally it's been a great disappointment.

If I were you, I think your team would benefit much more from using Mixmence. It will break walls and further help your sweeping. Draco Meteor is sometimes invaluable. After SR, Draco Meteor and Outrage on the switch will kill Blissey / Cresselia and others.

Using too many stat-uppers can hurt your team once in a while.

SoT

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I generally use Rhyperior to set up on Zapdos/Bronzong/Forretress/Cresselia/Heatran, he was one of my check ins to CB Tar Stone Edge as well. He can switch in on a lot of teams, and even though he can't necessarily sweep early came, after you take out there walls and get him behind a sub, not much can stand up to 400 attack, after previous damage. I'll post more on it, but I gotta go right now. Was just checkingin.

Thanks for all the advice so far, I look forward to seeing more of it. =]

[Edit: I generally just boom on Zapdos, or they switch in on my CM cune, thinking they can take it which isn't the case. So I'm not really to worried about it. =/ I haven't ran into to many LO ones though, but normally I can handle them pretty well.]

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I started using this team because it looked pretty good (hope you dont mind).

I can safely say that from my experience (15 or so matches), the Rhyperior I used worked better than the one you use.

I use SubLiechi Rhyperior. Why? I was too paranoid that Rhyperior was too slow without any means of a speed boost (which is what you are running). I ran:

Rhyperior @ Liechi berry
Adamant - 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP (Generic spread, but it worked I guess)
-Rock Polish
-Substitute
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

I liked this because Rhyperior has amazing Attack after one Attack Boost, so Rock Polish was great to boost his mediocre speed up to scratch. I set up on what you just said you set up on. I think you should give this some consideration because IMO a +1 Attack + 2 Speed Rhyperior is a lot more scary than a +2 Attack +0 Speed Rhyperior.

I really like the team Otherwise. May I recommend Toxic over either HP Ice or Earth Power on Tran? It gets Bulky waters nicely so that your Salamence can effectively set up with less trouble, basically meaning you get a nice Salamence sweep to boot ^.^

Hope this helps you, -GEC.

SoT

Hm..I'll test that out. That seems like a really interesting idea. Rhyperior with a Speed Boost and Attack boost probably could be a little more useful than a slow ass beast. lol

As for tran, I'm thinking of running LO, or even just running a Sub Tran. Thoughts?

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK here we go!

Drop Azelf's Fire Blast for Taunt. You're pretty much only hitting steels here, and out of those the only relevant one is Trick Metagross (Scizor/Forry/Skarm aren't crazy enough to stay in; your entire team sets up on Bronzong), who is losing popularity as a lead anyway. Stopping your opponent from getting SR up is just as useful as getting SR up yourself, and the damage from Fire Blast is usually miniscule compared to the damage you are preventing your team from enduring.

As much as I love Substitute Heatran, you really need to leave him as a Scarfer. Scarftran is your first line of defense against Skymin, since your next best option (Lucario) is hardly a good multiple-switchin to anything. It also helps with the collosal 4 attack Infernape weak you would have otherwise.

I really think you should have Megahorn over Swords Dance on Rhyperior. Celebi is a huge annoyance for this team, especially if it has T-Wave, and Rhyperior can sub as they switch and Megahorn for the kill. If your opponent starts SS for you, then Rhype can even survive the Grass Knot outright! Really I don't think that SD on a poke which is so slow and has so many weaknesses would be a huge help anyway.

Overall not a whole lot to say; it's a pretty great team SoT ^__^

OK shit I'll edit in a bit more later but Heroes is coming on now!

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to post as I've had experience with this particular Rhyperior.

The first thing I'm going to tell you is to not underestimate it at all. It is EASILY a threat when played correctly. The problem is, SoT, is that you lack a key weather status for him: Sandstorm. The reason why I've done calcs against things was because Sandstorm made Rhyperior more presentable. With it, Heatran won't 2HKO with Earth Power (if Timid), Blissey and Cresselia Ice Beams fail to break the Substitute, and most Bronzong won't even be able to break it unless they use Gyro Ball twice. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test more spreads against things such as Swampert Ice Beam (which I should've because sometimes Surf isn't even present on some Swamperts).

The problem with Sandstorm is a little obvious though: Suicune and Salamence. They play alright in the Sandstorm, but you'll notice a quick drop of using them. Taking 16% isn't very enjoyable, and if Toxic even touches that Suicune, you're in deep trouble. Granted, you have Roost on Salamence, but it won't really save you from the Hidden Power Ice or Ice Beam or Ice Shard revenge kill. But this is me ranting off a little bit.

Overall, I'd give yourself a few possibilities. The first is simply adding the Choice Band Tyranitar. With it, Zapdos becomes slightly easier to handle and the Sandstorm helps Rhyperior to be at the top of its game. The extra damage will help hanlde Pokemon such as Sub Calm Mind Raikou and such. With this, you could drop Crunch on Lucario for Ice Punch; something that I prefer for Zapdos and Celebi. You can also use Stone Edge if Gyarados is more of a menace. The second option is to use, as said, SubPolish Rhyperior. I believe this could work alright for your team since Rhyperior has a ton of offense potential on his hands already. TAY's suggestion could also work, but I prefer my Rhyperior to stay tiptoe on the offensive with either Rock Polish or Swords Dance. Again, just preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)