My Rain team

Hey everyone I just came up with my very own rain team before I started I seen the many other teams put together of the same category and there was one thing I saw in common with them: all Politoed leads. Yes I know of Politoed awesome ability drizzle but then I heard swift swimmers were forbidden to the team with the Toad I built a team that didn't require the Toad's assistance so here is my Rain team

Canonbolt(Electrode)@Damp rock
Ability: Static
EVs: 252Atk, 100SpA, 156Spe
Nature: Naive

~ Rain Dance
~ Explosion
~ Taunt
~ Volt Switch

Canonbolt my typical suicide lead and the fastest on the rain dancing getting it up ASAP and possibly getting rid of some threats Taunt is for stopping Stealth rock Users as well as other threatening moves. Main threat would have to be a prankster Whimsicott Liepard or even Thundurus that's what's Explosion is for at that point. Volt Switch is for getting out of hairy situations as well as deal some damage; Thunder can be used in place of this if I want serious damage dealt to my opponent and a paralysis chance is pretty sweet.

Reginald(Omastar)M@White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 104Hp, 252SpA, 152Spe
Nature: Timid

~ Shell Smash
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power Fighting

Reginald is my Special Sweeper and is very respected he went toe to toe with Lance and won with ease simply he comes in on those with his new found speed. Shell Smash is for Giving my little Mollusk the boost of a life time without a defense drop the first time around guaranteed to turn any ones battle into a living nightmare Surf is my main STAB that own foes relentlessly; Hydro Pump is another choice if I want Sheer POWER!!!! Ice Beam is for putting ground and flying types in check namely Gliscor and Landorus they won't even be able to set up with this monster out Hidden Power Fighting is my favorite move it puts Steel type in a predicament as well as the other types that are already having so much trouble him already almost no one is safe from Reginald's Wrath.

Plague(Reuniclus)M@ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs 252Hp, 252Def, 4SpD
Nature: Bold

~ Calm Mind
~ Recover
~ Psyshock
~ Thunder

Plague is Reginald Best Buddy he helps Reginald on the chance there could be a Special Wall on the Opposing team namely Blissey just like Reginald he shows no mercy either and is orientated for the weather the Idea of having thunder for this set came from the last time I faced Elite Four Cait Lyn Her Reuniclus knew thunder but it never hit as much so I owe her some thanks for giving me the Idea. Recover is to shruging off the Damage He could Take from the opponents that Bypass Magic Guard. Psyshock is for those slippery little walls that can avoid Reginald sweep. Calm Mind is for providing a bit of special wall of his own.

Mr. Bubbles(Rotom-W)@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252Hp, 168Def, 88Spe

~ Discharge
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Substitute
~ Shadow Ball

Mr. Bubbles from the City of Rapture and just as dangerous and Bulky it capable of double status if it maintains its form even without Hydro Pump and can last pretty long in battle Will-O-Wisp cripples Physical threats like Excadrill and Lucario. Substitute is scouting out and surviving. Shadow Ball is for STAB; if it can't maintain it's form Hydro Pump is a Viable option for that problem and is also a STAB.

Sniffles(Beartic)M@Power Herb
EVs: 100Hp, 252Atk, 156Spe
Nature: Jolly

~ Hone Claws
~ Icicle Crash
~ Focus Punch
~ Bulldoze

Sniffles my Dream bear capable of Physical sweeping. Hone Claws Make Icicle Crash perfect in accuracy and dangerous. Focus Punch is for predicting a switch and hitting the possible counter which I am convinced is a Fighting type and the herb allows it instantly. Bulldoze is for slowing down those that are faster than him like other swift swimmers and still sweep without a problem only down side are priority pokemon like Scizor Bullet punches or Infernape Vacuum waves

Shelly(Floatzel)F@Leftovers
EVs: 80Hp, 252Def, 176Spe
Nature: Jolly

~ Waterfall
~ Bulk Up
~ Baton Pass
~ Taunt

Shelly my sailor for the cruise on the S.S. Pwnage she can support the team specifically Sniffles and fight on her own without the captain she is not the Floatzel you would want to screw around with she Bulks up to Provide survivability and sweeping potential if she is met with resistance she passes her Bulk ups to Sniffles which explains why I gave Sniffles More Hp EVs to make him Bulky and hit like a Conkeldurr taunt is for Ferrothorn which are out there preventing leech seed or thunder wave and waterfall is her STAB

well that's my Rain team so I whipped together tell me what you think as well as your Ideas and tips for this team thank you and Goodnight ^v^​

Definitely interesting, I'll say that much. The only real gaping flaw is that your team is basically full of sitting ducks should the sun or sand be up or if Electrode is to die. Also consider something other than...bulldoze...on Beartic. Not much else I'll say about this one. Good Luck.

for your rain team you only have rain dance on Electrode.if it dies you cant use your team too its streangth and Electrode will be taken down very quikely.
alos you said it is suicide lead.with all wheather inducers around,one of them will come in after Electrode dies and you are screawed out of your theam(rain team).
so its not gonna work any ways.

id recommend a bronzong over electrode for its longitivity and mayby consider running another rain abuser like dpg2172 said, also you could try a cb azelf over floatzel as they are beastly in rain 0hkoing cm reuniclus with one waterfall and easily taking out the likes of terrakion and other threats thaty could put holes in this team otherwise this is a nice team :D

Bronzong can also take on Tyranitar to get rid of that annoying auto-weather. Either way, Electrode is a waste of a slot when the opponent has Tyranitar, Ninetales, Hippowdon or Abomasnow.

I'd also suggest Tornadrus over Beartic, since Tornadrus can abuse rain, take out Tyranitar, and most importantly, set up a surprise Rain Dance with Prankster priority once opposing weather inducers have been sacrificed.

Kingdra is a much better user of swift swim than beartic, floatzel and omastar. I suggest replacing one of them with him. A possible set for kingdra is a mixed rain dance set:

Kingdra@Life Orb
Swift Swim
Mild 92 Atk/252 SAtk/164 Speed
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor

Mr. Bubbles(Rotom-W)@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252Hp, 168Def, 88Spe

~ Discharge
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Substitute
~ Shadow Ball

Mr. Bubbles from the City of Rapture and just as dangerous and Bulky it capable of double status if it maintains its form even without Hydro Pump and can last pretty long in battle Will-O-Wisp cripples Physical threats like Excadrill and Lucario. Substitute is scouting out and surviving. Shadow Ball is for STAB; if it can't maintain it's form Hydro Pump is a Viable option for that problem and is also a STAB.

Change Shadow Ball for Hydro Pump, In the currently metagame Rotom-W isn't a ghost-type, also changes Discharge for Thunder you'll play based on the rain and has the same chance of paralyzing.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)