My Resistance Standard Team

Hey everyone this is my first RMT and my first day on Smogon Forums! I've had over 20 wins and one loss because of Ubers/Hacks but anyways...
My team is basically on sweeper/wall with 0% resistance on pokemon type.
Please give me advice on improving my team :)
Ok here they are.

The Anti-Lead/Physical Sweeper

Gallade (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 58 HP/252 Atk/200 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

*Gallade is a good anti-lead for this team with Destiny Bond for eliminating the most powerful sweepers if it faints.
*Commons lead like Infernape, Azelf, Tyranitar is 2HKO.
*It can cancel Stealth Rock users like Swampert by using Taunt.
*Shadow Sneak for first strike and Close Combat for STAB.
*Adamant nature for move attack power.
*200 Spe EV outruns Tyranitar so Tyranitar is no harm.

The "Defensive Blissey"

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 212 HP/252 Def/10 SDef/36 Spe
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Milk Drink
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

*Basically this moveset is what you'll see on a blissey but it's focused on physical sweepers instead of special.
*Thunder Wave for paralysis helping Lanturn and Froslass for parafusion, and Seismic Toss for excellent damage on any pokemon.
*Milk Drink for recovery off the physical moves intake and Heal Bell for team support to heal status problems.
*It has over 230 speed so she can get Thunder Wave on sweepers slower than her.
*Also, switching her in protects the team against Ghost type moves!

The Special Sweeper

Houndoom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 42 HP/252 SAtk/ 216 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

*Houndoom is a good special sweeper for this team.
*Using Nasty Plot on switches to boost his special attack, Flamethrower and Dark Pulse for STAB (with addition of life orb) and Will-O-Wisp for crippling physical attackers.
*Also, switching in for protection against psychic moves and fire moves because of Flash Fire.

The Spiker/Special Sweeper

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Confuse Ray
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

*Froslass is a good addition to the team because of Spikes.
*Thanks to her ghost type, she can set up spikes on switches and block rapid spinners.
*Confuse Ray for forcing switches for spikes while Ice Beam and Thunderbolt for BoltBeam combo.
*Switching in to froslass protects my team for Normal and Fighting moves thanks to her ghost type.

The Special Wall

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 42 HP/136 SAtk/252 SDef/80 Spe
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Surf
- Confuse Ray
- Ice Beam

*Lanturn is good for this team because of absorbing Thunder moves including thunder wave with Volt Absorb and causing parafusion. *Discharge for 30% paralysis, Confuse Ray for switches and Ice Beam for fainting grass type pokemon.
*Also, it really good for absorbing special moves.

The Mixed Sweeper

Flygon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 34 HP/252 Atk/8 Def/216 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Roost

*Life Orb/Roost Flygon is a great pokemon, getting a Earthquake and Dragon Claw boost from STAB and Life Orb and Roost for recovering Life Orb damage.
*Fire Blast for physical Walls like Skarmory.
*Switching in the flygon protects the team from Earthquake and other ground moves thanks to levitate.

THREATS
My team threats is a sword dance garchomp but he's UBER.
I really don't know others... I think gengar.

Ok please rate my team! :)

now about your team,

your using a lot of uu/bl pokes. There uu not ou for a reason. Most are outclassed by ou pokemon.

For example, houndoom. Its too slow to be an effective sweeper, and heatran has flash fire. I would replace houndoom with heatran with a set of fire blast/flamethrower, hp ice, explosion, earth power with a naive nature and a choice scarf.

Celebi outclasses milktank as a physical wall. And lanturn is outclassed at absorbing special moves. Try a blissey or a snorlax.

All of my advice is for a shoddy team. If your using this team on wi-fi it looks great. I understand how hard it is to get new pokes for a wifi team. Good luck and again, welcome to smogon U!

thanks gary the gengar :). I will consider that when I make a OU team. I'm actually trying to prove that UU/BL are strong when facing OU teams. My team fainted an all uber team + lucario before but it was barely.

well, just change froslass, flygon and gallade and make it a uu team. It would be fine in uu. Change froslass for a sub cm mismagius, flygon for anything really, and gallade for scarfape, scarflee, scarfken or technitop.
Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)