My Second RMT By MJoe4

Introduction
Hi everybody, I’m Mjoe4 on Pokemon Showdown and this is my second RMT that I have created. The team was originally based around Sableye what I wanted him to do, but turned out to be an awesome team with great teamwork. Also, I like mix some pokemon from the lower tiers onto OU tier. There are some weaknesses though which will be covered at the end.

Team Overview

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Sableye is the Team’s trouble. He is meant to cripple the opponent’s physical attackers with his burning Will-O-Wisp. Taunt is used for shutting down pokemon who likes to setup like Ferrothorn that likes to setup hazards and Ninjask who Baton Pass things all day. Night Shade is to do some fixed amount of damage while I’m stalling out some pokemons that are burned with Recovers. The EV spread is mostly invested in Hp and SDef to make Sableye specially defensive due the physical attackers won’t do much because they will be burned and Sableye won’t really need much Def EVs.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Breloom is the Team’s Late Game Sweeper. Through most of the matches I battled with this team, Breloom tends to be one of the last pokemon. The main purpose for this pokemon is to deal with Blissey, Chansey, and take on pokemon that like to status or leech seed once Toxic Orb is activated. Spore is just to put a pokemon to sleep to handicap the opponent’s team. When given the chance, Breloom can setup with Sword Dance and let the sweeping begin. Mach Punch is a great choice due the fact it is a priority move and a stab move. Seed Bomb is another stab move and helps my team to deal with water type pokemons better.

Bronzong @ Lagging Tail
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Light Screen
- Trick

Bronzong is the Team’s Special Wall and Support. First of all, Trick plus Lagging Tail is one of my favorite combos. I had many successes with this combo. The reason why it is good is because if Bronzong gets Lagging Tail on one of the opponent’s pokemon that pokemon will move second in its priority set. In other words, they are out sped by all other pokemon even Bronzong. This allows me to set Light Screen after using Trick. Earthquake is mostly for the fire type pokemon like Heatran and Infernape. Gyro Ball is good for damaging fast pokemon plus it’s stab.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian is the Team’s Physical Wall and Stealth Rocker. This pokemon strategy is to setup Stealth Rock as soon as possible. It can wall off threats like Garchomp, Scizor, and Terrakion. Earthquake is for the strong stab damage to the opponent’s team. Hidden Power Ice is used for Dragon Types, Gliscor and other Landorus Therian. U-Turn is to keep the momentum moving for my team and pressure the opponent to switch frequently so Stealth Rock can do its damage as the battle drags on.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Pursuit
- Whirlwind
- Curse

Snorlax is the Team’s Other Special Wall, Phazer and Trapper. Snorlax has a great special bulk so I invested in his EVs in Hp. Also, he needed some physical power so Atk EVs are invested in department. Snorlax is on this team to mainly cover what Bronzong can’t cover such fire attacks and pokemon that want to setup on Bronzong. Whirlwind is for those pokemon who like to setup. Pursuit is to trap psychic and ghost type pokemon, which threatens Tentacruel and Breloom on my team. When I start to use Curse on Snorlax most opponent’s reaction is to either to Toxic or Burn Snorlax, but that’s when Façade comes into play. Punishing opponents from with Façade doubled base power.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 148 Def / 108 Spd / 252 HP
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Tentacruel is the Team’s Rapid Spinner. His role is to get rid of entry hazards if the opponent sets too many. Also, I found that this set for Tentacruel tends to scare Ferrothorn away. Liquid Ooze counters Leech Seed and Giga Drain from those pesky grass type pokemon. Knock Off hit those items off the opponent’s pokemons reducing their survivability and effectiveness such as Ferrothorn Leftovers or Rocky Helm. Scald is for burning pokemons all day. Ice Beam to help take down dragon type, Volcarona and Thundurus-Therian if predicted. With the EVs spread, I went physically defensive for Tentacruel because my team lacked a little physical defense. The 108 Spd is to make sure to outspeed Non-Choice Scarf base 70 Spd like Breloom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)