ORAS Doubles OU My Team for Locals (No Ubers or Legendaries)

This is my first post on the site so please excuse me if i missinterpreted what to do when I post. Anyway, everynow and then me and my friends hold a little Tournament, and as the title says no one can use any Ubers or any Legendaries or event pokemon from any tier. The winner gets 1 pokemon not in the team of anyone they chose, and i want my friend's shiny Dialga. So i decided to post my team here for help. Now that that's out of the way, here's my team.

Mega Gyarados
Intimidate @ Gyaradosite
Perfect IVs
252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Speed
- Aqua Tail
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

My team mega. I went with a bulky Dragon Dance build and it's been living up to it's expectations.

Metagross
Clear Body @ Assault Vest
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 SpD
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch / Power-Up Punch

Went with a Tank build, might replace Gyrados as my team mega later but for now it's this, which is not bad at all.

Greninja
Protean @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Gunk Shot
- U-Turn
- Ice Punch / Rock Slide
- Mat Block

I love Greninja even more with Gunk Shot. He makes a mockery of things that threaten Gyarados with Ice Punch/Rock Slide and Gunk, with a quick STAB switch with U-Turn and Protection with Mat Block, him and Gyarados make a powerful combo

Pachirisu
Volt Absorb @ Sitrus Berry
Perfect IVs
252 Health / 252 Defense / 4 SpD
- Follow Me
- Nuzzle
- Super Fang
- Protect

I worked to get one with Perfect IVs after i saw it at worlds and it was awesome then, but a little less so now. Still pretty good though

Clefable
Magic Guard @ Leftovers
Calm
252 Health / 252 Defense / 4 SpD
- Clam Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Follow Me

Acts as a secondary Pachirisu that can deal some damage with Calm Mind/Moonblast, recover with Moonlight, and take the pressure off of my other pokemon with Follow Me. A pretty good addition to my team

Infernape
Blaze @ Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP
- Fake Out
- Endeavor
- Flare Blitz
- Protect

Infernape replaced Hawlucha on my team because i needed a fire attack pokemon. He is a "Suicidal Scout", wasting an opponent's often vital turn with Fake Out, OHKO-ing certain pokemon with Flare Blitz, wasting another opponent's turn with protect, and Endeavoring the opposing pokemon when focus sash/ too many flare blitz have been used. He is always the first pokemon to be KO'd and probably needs to be replaced.

chuckaboomboom

I believe I can HM02
Your explanations are minimal. Please go in depth about your EV spreads and each pokemon's respective functions.

As for your team, some of the choices that you made were... odd.

First of all, why do you have two pokemon with redirection? They are meant to support your team. By having one third of your team dedicated to pure support, you're missing out on important offensive pressure. BTW, parchirisu was used on Se Jun Park's team because it was a perfect fit. Your team doesn't need it at all.

For your mega gyarados, your ev spread can be improved. By investing fully in defensive bulk, you're missing out on offense.

Lastly, did you actually test your team? It seems to have a huge weakness to many common metagame threats, such as Rotom-Wash.

First of all you have all physical attackers on your team and can be walled very easily by commons pokemon like Rotom-Wash as Chucka said. I'd recommend dropping Infernape and adding a special attacking threat like Volcarona. Also definitely make Metagross your mega and consider putting Hammer Arm on instead Earthquake. As well as dropping Thunder/Power-up Punch for Protect. Sableye can be a good replacement for your Pachirisu and stop physical attackers with Will-o-Wisp and can stop some pokemon from setting up with Taunt

So here's the sets:
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm/Power-up Punch
- Protect

Mega-Metagross is a much more viable option than Gyarados because of the priority move in bullet punch and also giving STAB. The 16 HP EVs can allow it to survive a sucker punch from Bisharp and the 252 speed EVs allow it to out speed most of the faster meta game.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Volcarona can be a great asset paired up with Follow Me from Clefable to set up a Quiver Dance. Volcarona as well lets you have a special attacker and will be able to counter lots of Water types with a Quiver Dance up to be able to out speed
faster water pokemon. 144 HP EVs allow it to be able to take a hydro pump from defensive Rotom-W's and 2HKO with Giga Drain and obviously being faster.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Your friend might disqualify you for using greninja. It's now an "uber" in singles, although I'd say it's subpar in any doubles format.

On infernape, you should probably run overheat over flare blitz and close combat over endeavor, as flare blitz hurts yourself, making your focus sash redundant, while overheat gets a 1.5x from infernape's blaze ability once sash is broken. Also, you don't care about defense drops because you're sashed and expecting yourself to die.

2 follow me users is a bit much. Maybe Choice Specs Sylveon instead of clefable? It deals crazy amounts of damage with good bulk.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)