My Team Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new to Smogon and competitive battling and I created a team to use. But it isn't doing well. I don't know much besides the basics so if someone can rate it I'd appreciate it a lot.

Bronzong@ Leftovers
Ability/Levitate
Nature/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP, 84 Atk, 80 Def, 92 SpDef
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Hidden Power (Ice)
Earthquake

Bronzong is my lead. I send him out, and mayber get a stealth rocks up. I'm thinking of replacing HP with Curse if he can learn it, I haven't checked.

Gliscor@ Toxic Orb
Ability/Poison Heal
Nature/Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 184 Def, 72 Spd
Moves:
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Taunt

I'm mainly using Gliscor to support Bronzong and help with Fire and Steel types. I decided to give it a try because everyone was using it, but I'm not sure if I'm using it right.

Alakazam@ Focus Sash
Ability/Magic Guard
Nature/Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
Moves:
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Grass)

I needed a special sweeper so I went with Alakazam. I got this set off of Smogon and I can see that it really works although I switched HP fire for HP grass because of trouble with Water types, of all the members of my team I think that Alakazam is the best and would like to keep him if I can.

Infernape@ Choice Band
Ability/Blaze
Nature/Adamant
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Thunder Punch

Infernape is my physical attacker and even though I like it, I don't know if this set is working.

Blisey@ Leftovers
Ability/Natural Cure
Nature/Calm
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Def, 252 SpDef
Moves:
Aromatherapy
Softboild
Seismic Toss
Toxic

Blisey's job is pretty generic, it's a special wall. It also works to heal my teammebers of status but I don't find that I'm using Toxic that much.

Skarmory@ Leftovers
Ability/Sturdy
Nature/Impish
252 HP, 232 Def, 24 Spd
Moves:
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind
Brave Bird

Again, Skarmory is pretty generic, a physical wall. I can do good damage with Brave Bird and heal off recoil with Roost, or just Whirlwind in something else.

I chose all of these pokemon from the Smogon lists so I know that they can all work well on their own, but I don't think that they work too well together. Either that or I'm not using them right. I'll gladly take any suggestions and even switch pokemon out, although I would perfer to keep Alakazam. Thanks for the help.

I doubt you've playtested this team, and your descriptions are lacking severely. Please make sure your team is competent before posting and add better descriptions next time. Check out the RMT Archive to see what kind of RMTs we strive for. Thanks, and welcome to Smogon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)