My team needs some work, help appreciated (1900+)

Ok so I've had this team for a while and it's worked out pretty good but I still feel like there's some work left to do.

(I'm pretty pissed right now, I just wrote a detailed teambuilding process text but managed to delete everything so there won't be anything for you to read. Besides, I can't seem to figure out how to make text hidden. Anyways, here's my team)

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So I wanted to make a team with Amoonguss in it so what better way to start off than adding him. He's used to counter Keldeo and those kind of things. But that's not his main use, oh no no no. I use Amoonguss to get rid of those Brelooms. Even without any defense ev's he can easily take a Bullet Seed or whatever they decide to throw at me. If they Swords Dance I just Clear Smog them and problem solved. I put Hidden Power Ice in there just so I could take on the unexpecting dragon and Landorus-T.
---------------------------------------------------------

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

This dude is here to set up Stealth Rocks and kill fast stuff that Amoonguss or Gastrodon can't take on. I also used a spread that gives him equal defense and special defense. I don't know if that's very smart but I feel like I already have more than enough defensive pokemon so a jack of all trades won't hurt right?

Dexter (Garchomp) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Garchomp is my revenge killer the pokemon I switch into after predicting their dragon switch in. Pretty straightforward really.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

I use Forretress to set up Spikes and spin theirs away. I tend to do a lot of switching so entry hazards on my side of the field is a pain in the butt, but on their side it's wonderful. He can also take on dragons with ease, provided they don't have a fire move, which unfortunately, a great deal of them do.
You might say it's stupid to have 4 pokemon weak to fire on the same team and I agree. I intend to switch Jirachi for something else but I want your opinion on what. Otherwise, it's great really. Garchomp and Gastrodon take care of most fire types. I just need to keep them alive.

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald

Gastrodon is one my favorite pokemon on the team after Amoonguss. The two synergize so perfectly it's just amazing and form a perfect core. Well almost perfect... The two takes out several pokemon on rain teams almost single handedly and are very hard to kill.
I chose to use a defensive one because the only special attacker I'm gonna switch it in on are water and electric types and I don't need special defense for those guys. But either way it can still take special moves fairly good.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 224 HP / 32 Spd
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Psyshock

And here's the obvious problem with the team. Another steel type. I just put Jirachi on the team to counter Reuniclus and other psychic types that all are a huge threat to my team. I don't want another fire weakness on my team so any suggestions on what to replace Jirachi with is highly appreciated.
As for the spread on this guy I just took what Showdown! recommended. It works I guess.

Summary
The team's purpose is to, basically have a counter to everything and force switches. Preferably when entry hazards are set up.
The main core of the team consists of Amoonguss, Gastrodon, Bronzong and to some extent Forretress. If Amoonguss or Gastrodon dies, winning just got a lot harder. Bronzong dying I can take, seeing as Forretress is there and does pretty much the same thing except for Toxic.
Also Jirachi needs to beat it in my opinion. I need something else that isn't weak to fire and counters psychic pokemon. Anyone know such a pokemon? I think a bulky one would be best because it suits my team but it's really up to you.

If you are not using Sandstorm why not going for a Choice Scarf Moxie Salamence over Garchomp? Revenge killer and also extremely deadly late game sweeper. I can see a heavy weakness against sun teams, a sunny day busted choice band Darmanitan han sweep with almost all your team once your revenge killer is down, so I suggest air balloon Heatran. Hope I helped you, see ya!

Well since the only Pokemon you have that is damaged by sand is Amoonguss, then replacing Jirachi with Tyranitar may be a good way to counter the Psychic-Types as well as give you a great Fire resistance, among other things. Sandstorm is a good anti-weather which is vital with all the sun and rain running wild (though not any more thanks to the nerf in 6th gen :D). I can see Skarmory and things like that giving your team problems, as you have nothing really powerful enough on the Special-attacking side that has Super Effective moves against it. For this reason, a Mix-Tar with Fire Blast would probably be the best option. For the same reason, replacing Fire Fang with Fire Blast on Garchomp (even though he's physical) will get you a 2HKO on Skarmory whereas Fire Fang does less than Roost heals. You will obviously need to change the nature to +Speed -Defence and give 4 SpAtk IVs.

I also think that having both Bronzong and Forretress on the same team is pretty unnecessary as they both play similar roles, have similar typing/weaknesses and are both countered by similar things. I would replace Earthquake with Stealth Rock on Forretress and take out Bronzong for something more offensive, since you only have very defensive Pokemon right now. Also Mamoswine looks like it could give your team a couple of issues as it wrecks Garchomp and the previously suggested Tyranitar, so I would suggest using Calm Mind Keldeo, as you also lack a set-up sweeper.

Hope I helped :)

I tried out both of your suggestions and I gotta say I really loved having a Tyranitar. It helped my team so much and Keldeo was a nice addition too. Turns out I really didn't need Bronzong all that much.

Your team is really really fire weak, if something like a heatran comes in or an infernape comes in it'll completely tear your team up, infernape could kill most of your pokemon, and if if you switch chomp into it and it CC's you're gonna be really low, so instead of one of your steel types i'd probably use a heatran to make sure you can wall basically everything, and won't have as many weaknesses. and it's just a very strong pokemon imo, especially on that team, you're also very rapid spin weak but no one really uses rapid spin much, but if you go against another stall team with a ghost type, or something you're gonna be kind of screwed so a ghost type (jellicent could be good) would be wonderful. Also a ghost type could handle that infernape problem completely, but not many people use it it's not not too big of a deal but heatran or something for fire types definitely would be amazing.

I agree with specially defensive heatran over jirachi. I also agreee with jellicent over gastrodon. I would recommend a set of scald, taunt, will o wisp, recover, with max hp, and 100 or so speed, with the rest in defense. It stalls out so many things, and is a huge problem for opposing stall teams, as it stall breaks with its Fastish taunt. Also, bronzong + forretress seems super redundant, they are both bulky steels who don't do much back. Rapid spin + spikes is too valuable, so I would replace bronzong with a choice banded tyranitar or a hippowdon. If you use ttar, you will need stealth rocks on heatran, if you use hippo, you can put toxic. Also, eq on forry is not necessary, as it hits 2 pokemon. I would use toxic spikes, or volt switch. Hope I helped!
Oh and support ttar would work as we'llwe'll

As I set, SpDef Air Balloon Heatran is an awesome option. Why Air Ballon? Simple. You dont have a pokemon that can evade Earth-type moves. Ttar works in almost all the teams, it is just a great pokemon #nuffsaid. However, I feel that the best option on Ttar is Stealth Rock Life Orb. SD dragon gem Garchomp is so much better than CS, just try to find a revenge killer that can do Garchomp's job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)