1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

My team! Suggestions and advice welcome

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by raijinken, Apr 18, 2011.

1. raijinken

raijinken

I've been playing with this team on both PO as well as in-game Wifi and most of the members are real solid but the others are just a bit "meh" so any advice in rounding off my team to be more balanced is welcome. Anyway onto the team.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

--------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Mienshao (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Drain Punch
    - Fake Out

One of the couple stand out performers in my team, Mienshao has consistently pulled his weight in battles both on PO and on wifi. Fake Out and Hi Jump Kick is enough to destroy most opposition while U-Turn is to get out if things don't look good after Fake Out and also accruing health via Regenerator while doing damage. Drain Punch is just filler mainly but it has been useful when Mienshao is mounting a last stand to keep the life orb recoil from overcoming him.

[​IMG]

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Psychic

The 2nd stand out consistent performer of my team. Its incredibly deadly dual STABs give it plenty of chances to pull of a Quiver Dance. Fiery Dance is used over Fire Blast due to the huge chance of getting more special attack boosts. It can and has regularly defeated even Blisseys due to the massive chance of making your special attack even past Blissey's formidable special defense. Bug Buzz for STAB and Psychic for coverage. Also, Heatrans walls this completely but thankfully, Tran use has been dropping quite rapidly and Stealth Rock owns it but despite all that, it is still consistently sweeping teams. It's that good.

[​IMG]

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rivalry
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Rock Slide
    - Dual Chop
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

The berserker of the team and the last consistently reliable member. Virtually something is guaranteed to die when he comes out. Dual Chop is mainly to break annoying subs while Earthquake and Rock Slide are just coverage moves that aren't use that much since Outrage decimates everything. Prediction is nice to have but isn't that important when Outrage can do over 45% to the likes of Ferrathorn.

[​IMG]

Sigilyph (M) @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Cosmic Power
    - Psycho Shift
    - Roost
    - Stored Power

Sigilyph is an odd Pokemon. It will usually either sweep 6-0 or end up dying after not doing all that much. Psycho Shift is a huge part of Sigilyph and automatically qualifies it to be the status absorber. Flame Orb/Psycho Shift also helps the team to take off huge pressures from boosting physical sweepers. Cosmic Power/Roost/Stored Power is self-explanatory. As you boost and taking periodic recoveries with Roost, Stored Power's power increases until monstrous levels. Roost also helps to buys time by removing flying weaknesses.

[​IMG]

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Arena Trap
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Night Slash
    - Stone Edge
    - Memento

Being honest, Dugtrio is pretty weak but it does it's job. Trapping and revenge killing weakened mons. Most moves are easy self-explanatory with the exception of Memento. Memento is a great last ditch doorstop for unstoppable sweeps due to the massive speed and even turning the tables allowing Volcarona to set up and letting Haxorus start his slaughter. Still, he's lack of power is disappointing at times when I'm counting on him to deliver the KO and he doesn't.

[​IMG]

Eelektross (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Flamethrower
    - Thunder Wave
    - Grass Knot

This is my latest subject in my quest to get a better permanent member for my team. So far it has been fairly disappointing but it does show momentary glimpses of quality so I'm still giving it a chance. Still, one of the thing that lets it down the most is its good but insufficient bulk to make up for his terrible speed.

-------------------------------

Haxorus, Volcarona and Mienshao has been absolutely fantastic and I won't be replacing them anytime soon but the other 3 I'm not so sure about and would be open to alternatives suggestions. So far this team fares fairly well but it's more of a case of the aforementioned 3 pulling much more than their weight so I'm trying to iron out the kinks. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)