Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Recover

celes nature should be calm if you're going with those evs, i'd just use hp grass on cele, seems like a waste to have a gimmick tar just to counter pert when you have cele on your team.

Why give speed evs to a Relaxed Cloyster? What do you plan to outspeed, Shuckle? Put them in Sdef. It needs it. Why Taunt something with Misdreavous when you are trying to survive three turns? Try T-wave for the occaisional paralaysis or Pain Split for a little recovery. If you want to use Wish effectively, give it to Vaporeon or Umbreon, not Salamence. Cool Swampert, I guess.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
There's no real reason for it to be Calm with Light Screen in its moveset. In that regard, Celebi wouldn't need to counter Swampert with HP Grass in the first place, and Swampert can't do a damn thing to it. But don't misunderstand that HP Grass Tar doesn't have its merits, it's just not worth it on a Dragon Dancing set.

For the most part, Raikou has few problems taking this team out. Celebi can only hold it for so long, but the truth is, you can't break its Sub without running out of Psychics, so it will block Leech Seed every time, not to mention Misdreavus can't trap it with a sub up, and by the time the damage is done, even if it prevented itself from being knocked out, Tyranitar's Sand Stream prevents it from using Protect to Recover any of its health.

It might be more worth your while to put a more physical emphasis onto your team. Switching Celebi to a Swords Dancer and bassing to Tyranitar and Salamence can hit some bulky water switch-ins hard (which is after adding in Spikes damage from Cloyster) leaving mostly the bulkier ground types to really hinder a sweep. With that in mind, you could even add in a Snorlax to pass to to help pin down Raikou.

If anything, Celebi would benefit more with Perish Song in its moveset, effectively forcing Raikou to switch just about every time. Misdreavus, then, could be replaced with Umbreon if you'd like, or Gengar so that you can still keep an anti-spinner in the mix.

the speed evs are for weezing/ttar i assume, but use 12 speed evs on cloyster, it should be the same speed as 16.

i see a couple major flaws in this team.

Heracross will destroy you once they figure out your mence lacks a fire/flying move, i would use flamethrower/fire blast over dclaw.

The other big problem i see is no pokemon to really switch in on ice moves (cloyster doesnt count). For example, its starter jynx vs cloyster. They sub you spike, they sleep you, CM on switch, and basically just wreck you right from the beginning. Ice attacks are the biggest worry of this team by far, especially stab. You also lack a real regice counter, your only method of beating it i see is switching to cloyster for beam, then going to celebi for tbolt, then light screening. That is anything but reliable.

The solution, simple add a better ice resist. Looking at this team i would say jirachi/metagross would work best, but its really up to you. Double wishers could be cool, dont take out mence you need it for hera. I think taking out Misdreavus for jirachi with reflect would be a cool possibility.

i made some changes:

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 16 Def / 12 Spd / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 8 Spd / 56 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Body Slam
- Focus Punch
- Selfdestruct
- Thunderbolt

Salamence (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Roar
- Wish

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Recover

lax has max def and tbolt for gyara

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
While Ice Beam seems to be more favorable and has its own merits, your team already covers everything you need Ice Beam for. (T-tar and Celebi will beat opponent Celebi's, Swampert and Roar Mence cover Salamence, Salamence's Flamethrower and Grass/Fire resistance covers most grass types, Swampert covers Flygon, etc.)

I recommend Surf over Ice Beam on Cloyster. You will want Surf to hit through Steel types (which will help Snorlax) and Tyranitar (which helps Celebi). It also hits Forretress, which is very important in a Spikes/Rapid Spin match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)