My team.

Yeah, this is my team. I'm not a noob, so don't treat me like one. So yeah...

My team at a glance:

Not much my team really revolves arround. Hera sweeping until someone tries to hit it with fire then switching to Heatran.

Heracross @ ?????
Adamant Guts
252 Atk 252 Spd
Mega Horn
Close Combat
EQ
Stone Edge

My lead. Sweeps until it comes across something thats about to hit it with Fire or Flying.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Flash Fire
252 Spd 252 Sp. Atk 6 Def
HP Ice
Flame Thrower
Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Switching Heatran into a Fire type attack makes up for me using Choice Scarf over Choice Specs. I used Choice Scarf because I don't want to get outsped by some stupid Garchomp before I can HP Ice it...

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Relaxed Levitate
252 HP 108 Atk 20 Def 130 Sp Def
Gyro Ball
Hypnosis
Reflect/Light Screen
Stealth Rock
So yeah, Bronzong is my mixed wall, and does rather a good job of stalling too, being immune to Toxic and all.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Natural Cure
252 HP 252 Def 6 Sp. Def
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
Counter
Seismic Toss
So yeah, if Bliss gets pitted against a Garchomp, she Counters and destroys. Mostly T-Wave and Seismic Toss though, trowing in Softboiled as needed.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Pressure
252 Atk 252 Spd 6 Def
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Brick Break
Swords Dance
Well, I for one have never, and never will be, a fan of Choice Scarf/Band Weaviles. I like Focus Sash with Swords Dance on a Jolly Weavile, 'cause IMO, Weavile only needs Ice Punch, Night Slash, and Brick Break, any other offensive move is kind-of overkill...

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Timid Intimidate
252 Spd 252 Sp. Atk 6 HP
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Flame Thrower
HP Electric/Dragon Pulse
Mostly my late game sweeper. Most peolpe say to use Dragon Pulse, but I think HP Electric would be better, to take down Gyarados.

So yeah, thats my team, rate please!

im just going to say what everyone is going to say

dont use shedinja

any sand lead spells death for you
any stealth rocker spells death for you

while i like the idea of shedinja+heatran, you'd have to completely revamp your team in order to use him

anways, i would lead with bronzong and replace sheddy with starmie to help mence and weavile to live longer. it'll also help you with your nape weak

Shedinja as a lead is total crap, not only are you letting your opponent know you have it so they'll keep their counters alive, but you're also risking stealth rock/spikes/status/weathers raping you, replace it with a worthwhile lead, like your weavile, and then throw a fighting resist in there, god knows you need one. Perhaps gengar or mismagius, since they also come with a nifty ground resist to boot.

Ok, I'm not going to say Shedinja doesn't have glaring weaknesses, because it does, but have any of yall ever even used a Shedinja? Don't knock it till you've tryed it. Also, Neonian, this isn't a lets bash Shedinja thread, I want my WHOLE team rated, if I wanted my Shedinja bashed, I would have just posted my Shedinja, not my whole team.

i havent used a shedinja because it requires building your whole team around it, which you havent done.

i mean you realize that tar/hippow/abomasnow are exptremely common leads, and that if anyone leads with them it's an automatic kill for them?

also why would you lead with shedinja, since it immediately tells your opponents that they need to keep pokes that can kill him alive?

if you want to use shedinja you need a weather changer and a spinner, you have neither

if you want to use shedinja you have to completely redo the team pretty much.

I liekd the team when I used it before, but I guese that the rest of the team is gunna get downed on 'cause of poor Shedinja...Oh well gunna go edit it I guese.

the team is fine, if you replace it with starmie you have the makings of a good team. you're being too defensive without good reason. stop complaining.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Ok, I'm not going to say Shedinja doesn't have glaring weaknesses, because it does, but have any of yall ever even used a Shedinja? Don't knock it till you've tryed it.
I've used Shedinja quite a bit in D/P.

I even used him in conjunction with Heatran like you're doing. If you really want to keep him, you will have to build the team around him like Gorm says. Firstly, a Rapid Spinner is essential. I used Tentacruel because he can absorb Toxic Spikes but also because he counters Infernape who constantly switches into Shedinja's Will-o-Wisps and X-Scissors. Starmie does the same job, but can't absorb T-spikes and has that nasty Pursuit weak.

Secondly, you'll need a weather changer. Sand or Hail instantly kills Shedinja, so you need to keep the weather on your side. Looking at your team, Sunny Day seems the best option as your Heatran and Salamence can benefit from it nicely. Rain Dance would be more useful on the defensive side though, as you currently have three Fire weaks compared to one Water weak. Either way that's not important right now, as consolidating Shedinjs is probably gonna result in a very different looking team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)