My thoughs on Aegislash

The presence of Aegislash on a lot of teams usually requires players to run earthquake as a way to hit it without activating king's shield, and even then, Aegislash's fantastic 150/150 defensive stats and 150/150 offensive stats are just amazing. Furthermore, the amount of sets that Aegislash runs is nearly limitless, from swords dance physical sweeper, mixed pivot with shadow ball, toxic stall, life orb wall-breaker, etc. It truly defines the S rank, a pokemon that can perform "a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits." It's very hard to take down an Aegislash, even knowing its set without a pokemon that's dedicated to counter it (like mandibuzz).
Is Aegislash centralizing? Without a doubt, as it has very high usage statistics, great stats and typing, and the ability to do so many roles great. Is Aegislash broken? I'm still on the fence on this, leaning to yes, but it is definitely one of the pokemon that deserves to get a closer look at in a suspect test like this.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Aegislash has been banned and is not coming back. This is most definitely not the forum, or any forum here really, for you to make a thread about your thoughts on a Pokemon, because believe me, nothing you say will be novel on the subject.

Take a look around before posting again. Welcome to Smogon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)