My UU team (Balanced)

Hello. I am new here. This is my UU team. I have got some Sweepers and some defensive Pokémon. Milotic is a great Special Wall, it's very difficult to defeat it. I begin with Typhlosion. Typhlosion is a good Choice Scarf Lead. It kills Ambipom (if they are not holding a Focus Sash) with Focus Blast. Eruption is very strong, and, with Typhlosion's speed, it's very difficult to avoid.
Flash Fire Pokémon, as Houndoom, like coming in Eruption. But that's when Milotic comes in and force the switch. Luxray's Intimidate allows me to switch in a lot of Physical Sweepers and trait them. Alakazam is powerful, and with Substitute, it defeats Sucker Punchers. Kabutops with Swords Dance and Aqua Jet is very strong. And Claydol sets the Stealth Rock and uses Rapid Spin too.

At a glance:

Typhlosion (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

My lead. I like Typhlosion. Its Eruption is very strong. It covers Gastrodon and Quagsire with Hidden Power Grass. It OHKOes Silk Scarf Ambipom with Focus Blast. It can switch in Registeel and Steelix and kills them with Overheat/Eruption. It hates Stealth Rock, which is always a problem. It has troubles against Uxie, as Uxie resists Eruption, and uses Thunder Wave.

The Ev's maximizes its Speed and its Sp. Atk.

Luxray (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 Atk/136 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

A mix sweeper. It kills Chansey with Superpower. Thunderbolt is a good STAB attack. Crunch traits Grumpig and other psychics. Crunch is strong against Mismagius too, but it's difficult to switch in Mismagius. Thunderbolt is my best bet against Milotic, Swellow, Dodrio, etc. and does some decent damage to Pokémon that doesn't resist it. Hidden Power (Ice) and Thunderbolt are good together. Hidden Power is used against Grass type Pokémon and Ground type.

The Ev's are given to its Attack, Special Attack and Speed.

Alakazam (M) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

A good Special Sweeper. Substitute is there to avoid Sucker Punch and kill Absol and Toxicroak, and to activate Petaya Berry. Psychic is its STAB move. It OHKOes or 2OHKOes a lot of Pokémon. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are there for Type Coverage. The Ev's are to attack, and with 4 Ev's in HP, its HP are divisible by 4.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/132 Def/124 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Claydol is a good defensive Pokémon. Earthquake is always good. Explosion kills a lot of Pokémon. Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock are great moves. Claydol removes the Entry Hazards as well as he set them on my rival's field. Explosion is a good move, and kills a lot of Pokémon that doesn't resist it. With these Ev's, Claydol reaches 324 HP, 306 Def. And 307 Sp. Def., so it's very difficult to kill Claydol.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 212 HP/44 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

A Special Wall. Toxic + Recover works well, and Surf and Ice Beam are strong. It doesn't like being poisoned, and a RestTalk set would help me with that, but I prefer Recover (What do you think?) With the Ev's, it maximizes its Special Defense and it reaches Magic Leftovers numbers. I prefer Milotic than Chansey, because Milotic is better against Physical Attacks, and it attacks better than Chansey.

Feraligatr (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 28 HP/252 Atk/228 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Feraligatr is a Physical Sweeper, Stats Upper. It resists a lot of Physical Attacks, and it's a Good Dragon Dancer. Waterfall is its STAB move. Ice Punch kills a lot of Grass types (Meganium...). Earthquake is fantastic. Feraligatr is a good late game Sweeper.

Problems:

- I have got a terrible weakness to Earthquake. Luxray, and Typhlosion (and Alakazam due to its Defense) are killed by this move. Claydol switches in Earthquake, but it doesn't have a Revovery move, so it can't be always switching in.

- Mismagius easily sets up in Claydol. It uses Substitute and Calm Mind/Nasty Plot. I have been sometimes swept by Mismagius. Milotic resists some of its hits, but can't break the Substitute due to Calm Mind.

- Uxie walls my Typhlosion, and Uxie is a common lead. I normally have to switch when I am facing an Uxie.

That's my team. I am Spanish, so my English isn't perfect, so sorry. Thanks.

Hello

There aren't a lot of people who know the true power that Luxray can have so kudos to for using him. There is one little suggestion I have here though. In my experience I noticed that a mixed version is an excellent stall breaker. So instead of making him completely physical, maybe you could add some special moves. The set I had in mind was:

Luxray @ expert belt/ Rash nature/ intimidate/ EV's: 120 Atk, 252 SAtk, 136 Spe / Moves: Thunderbolt, hidden power (grass), Crunch, Superpower

--> The selected move give you almost perfect type coverage. Thunderbolt is an obvious choice and is your main STAB'ed attack. Hidden Power (grass) is prefered over Hidden Power (ice) as you already have Ice Beam on Milotic and the grass variant give you better type coverage. Crunch helps you take on those Ghost types you aleady mentioned and Superpower makes sure Chansey doesn't switch in al the time. Expert Belt might make your opponent believe your Choiced in some way so you can use that to your advantage. The given EV's make sure you can make to needed KO's and the 136 EV's in speed makes sure you can outrun Omastar, Gorebyss and Relicanth outside if Rain so you can OHKO them before they can become really annoying. Intimidate is also the prefered ability as it can stop many physical sweepers in their sweep.

Kabutops is a better sweeper when used under Rain. I suggest replacing him with DD Feraligatr as this will keep the typing but it will reduce your weakness to Ground type attack (most likely Earthquake). Although the Sword Dance set could work as well this one is prefered as Feraligatr is actually pretty slow and your lack of speed reducing moves like Thunderwave or Stun Spore is not helping him at all. With Dragon Dance he can increase his speed as well so those moves aren't neccesairy. The Dragon Dance set looks like this:

Feraligatr @ Leftovers/ adamant nature/ torrent/ EV's: 28 HP, 252 Atk, 228 Spe / Moves: Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Punch

--> This is the standard DD set so there isn't much explination to do. Those 28 EV's are redundant in Spe as you will outspeed the same threats with or without it so they are added to HP to give a little extra bulk.

I hope this helped and good luck with the team.

Thanks for answering. I'll try it. Maybe Feraligart will be better than Kabutops because it hasn't got a weakness to EQ. And about Luxray, it's a good idea, I'll try it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)