My UU team!!!

The Defoffedy team as I like to call it.
Its a Defensive, Offensive, Speedy team.
Let me go into even deeper into my UU team.

Dugtrio

Rock incense
Sand veil
Atk:252 Spd:252
Jolly

-Earthquake
-Sand Storm
-Screech
-Stealth Rock

Dugtrio is a good lead and a great addition to my team because 1. He is fast and can set up a sand storm for aggron so he can sweep the opponents team with Head Smash. 2. It can set up stealth rock which will fight half my battle for me and make it easier for Aggron/Raikou/Alakazam to sweep their team. 3&4. Screech will be good for a wall and earthquake will help bring its Hp down so it will be easier to kill

Aggron

Life orb
Rock head
Atk:252 Spd:252 Def:4
Adamant

-Rock polish
-Head smash
-Ice punch
-Super power

Aggron is a rock polish sweeper. Use 1 rock polish + Life orb and that gives you 594 attack plus head smash which will probaly kill most of your opponents team. And when dugtrio uses sandstorm, aggron is going to be less affected by special attack attacks and thus will stay in longer.

Raikou

Life orb
Pressure
Hp:100 Def:81 Sp Atk:252 Sp Def:77
Modest

-Calm mind
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow ball
-Hidden power (grass)

Raikou is my second best Special attacker. It can destroy rock/ground pokemon with hidden power, and a Calm mind + Shadow ball is a OHKO for celebi. With its speed and Special attack, it can tear through almost every pokemon on UU. When it has 2-3 calm minds, say goodbye to your pokemon.

Swellow

Toxic orb
Guts
Atk:252 Spd:252 Sp Def:4
Jolly

- Facade
- Brave bird
- Protect
- U-turn

Swellow is obviously a Guts fighter. You put toxic orb and swellow together and violla, you have a Sweeping bird pokemon. In more depth, listen to a true story. I was fighting a electivire with swellow and i used protect. Toxic kicked in and then guts, then I used brave bird to kill it. And thats how swellow is so good.

Arcanine

Choice specs
Flash fire
Hp: 4 Spd:252 Sp Atk:252
Modest

-Flamethrower
-Fire blast
-Dragon Pulse
-Hidden power (grass)

Arcanine speaks for itself. It has Amizing Special
attack that in the rght conditions it could take out
a feraligatr in 1 hit. In other words OHKO. Arcanine
Is my backup plan if my other pokemon fail me, because with a Sp Atk of 490, its fire moves can take down almost any poekmon out there.

Alakazam

Choice specs
Synchronize
Hp:208 Sp Atk:252
Modest

-Focus blast
-Psychic
-Calm mind
-Torment

Alakazam is my Strongest pokemon in terms of Special attack. It can take out teams with its whopping Special attack of 606. Idk how it is that high. But im just happy that its that strong. With a whopping Special attack of 606, Alakazam is my most precious, and Wisest pokemon on my team.

Well this is my team. Seems awesome to me. Please rate and post comments!

Raikou is now Borderline, so I'd try to replace him with some other sweeper, possibly a Nasty Plot Mismagius or something.
I much prefer using a Choice Band/Life Orb physical set on Arcanine, but if you like your set than that's fine.
Sandstorm doesn't make much sense on your team, and if you want a Sandstorm team you'll want to use Hippotas, as he is far better at maintaining constant Storm. replace it with Stealth Rock.
Magnet Rise is a very good option for Aggron, and I suggest trying that out.

Alakazam@Choice Specs
Calm Mind

These do not mix. What is the point of Torment? And his EVs are incomplete.

Dugtrio-Stealth Rocking with Dugtrio is a waste. Sandstorm is pretty much pointless. Dugtrio doesn't have time to Screech.

Aggron-Max speed is unnecessary.

Arcanine-Flamethrower and Fire Blast is redundant. I would say there are likely superior fire type Choice Specs users, Arcanine doesn't have much beyond unusual bulk to distinguish himself from other choices.

As already stated, Raikou is now BL.

I LOL'D at the Flamethrower and Fire Blast. Maybe swapping Dragon Pulse for Ember and Hidden Power for Flare Blitz could help you out abit :P

But being serious, Trick over Calm Mind would be good for Alakazam. You know how Choice Specs works right? You get locked into an attack. So unless you want to get locked into using Calm Mind and no attack, I'd switch it. Because keeping Calm Mind is basically saying "Let's only use 3 moveslots on Alakazam".

Dugtrio would be better as a revenge killer, with Earthquake, Night Slash, Stone Edge, and a move of your choice. Hell, put in Stealth Rock if you want. Sandstorm and Screech aren't looking to crash hot. Original, but I can't see it working, especially with Dugtrio's fragile state. If you want a Sandstorm, Hippo or T-Tar are the way to go.

I couldn't help but notice some glaring errors that I wanted to bring up.

With Dugtrio, using him as a lead is mostly wasted, as the others have said, I would use him as a revenge killer. You might have some fun with with the following set as a lead, but it works better as revenge:

Dugtrio @Life Orb
~Arena Trap
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace / Stealth Rock / Screech

Mostly coverage moves, and Stealth rock can be switched in for whatever you end up needing. I recommend the life orb but Choice Band can get you some KOs that you might not have had otherwise. The only time that you should be using Screech is if you're afraid of Chansey who can be a pain for this set, but the rest of your team can take her out so that's unlikely.

As others have said, Raikou is Borderline. I'd suggest switching Raikou out for something that can lead for you better than Dugtrio. My favorite lead is Scarf Venusaur:

Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
~Overgrow
252 SPA / 220 Speed / 36 HP
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

The objective is to sleep your opponent's starter or outright destroy it from the start. Bring it back later to destroy or reapply sleep, Venusaur is pretty threatening and easily prevents rocks from going down which both Swellow and Arcanine hate.

As for Swellow... Swellow doesn't like to play in the sand, so I wouldn't recommend using Hippopotas. The damage racks up too easily. Also :

Swellow is obviously a Guts fighter. You put toxic orb and swellow together and violla, you have a Sweeping bird pokemon. In more depth, listen to a true story. I was fighting a electivire with swellow and i used protect. Toxic kicked in and then guts, then I used brave bird to kill it. And thats how swellow is so good.
Please note that that's a terrible idea, since Facade can one-shot him without the recoil damage.

Arcanine is a better physical attacker than special attacker, but if you want to use him for special I'd recommend switching Fire Blast out for Overheat. Also, I'd look into the Houndoom Choice Specs set because it does what you're trying to do with Arcanine, only better (if maybe a little slower).

Alakazam can be fixed easily enough by filling in the EVs and trading Trick for Torment. That will allow you to ditch your specs and start using Calm Mind against something that you can set up on (which isn't much tbh).

Hope all that helps!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi,

Rock Incense is wasted on Dugtrio, I recommend giving it Focus Sash, which pretty much guarantees that you get up Stealth Rock. Also, its moveset is odd. Sandstorm does more damage to your team than not, so I recommend running Stone Edge over it, which allows you to defeat Moltres, which really threatens your team, as your only hope of defeating it is revenge-killing it. I don't really see the point of Screech, I'd replace it for Sucker Punch, which allows you to defeat Alakazam and Kabutops leads, and allows Duggy to revenge-kill Ghosts and other Psychics.

Superpower is a bad choice on Aggron, as it can easily cut its sweep short with the -1 Atttack drop. I suggest replacing it with Earthquake, which is a more reliable way to hit Steel and Rock types, while providing good coverage with Head Smash. Also, Aqua Tail hits Ground-types like Donphan harder than Ice Punch.

I don't understand why you would use Choice Specs on Zam in tandem with Calm Mind, so I recommend swapping it for Life Orb, and replacing Torment with Encore. Encore allows you to stop setup sweepers in their tracks, allowing you to get a free Calm Mind up. Life Orb provides you with a nice power boost, but if you don't like the recoil, go with Leftovers or Wise Glasses.

On Swellow, go with Quick Attack over Protect. Quick Attack allows you to defeat Sucker Punchers, and Protect doesn't really give you any use outside of activating Flame Orb, which can be done through utilising U-Turn anyway. It also gives your team much needed priority.

Other than that, this is a pretty solid team, well done and gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)