Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Sassy
IV's: 31/x/31/x/31/x
EV's: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp.Def
-Power Whip
-Payback
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed

The obvious lead. Ferrothorn's defense stats of 252 HP, 330 Defense, and 330 Sp.Def accompanied by it's
steel type make it the perfect role to start out a match. But what about Fire-types? Well, the occa berry
is here to give Ferrothorn time to set up whatever it needs to, being a lead with stealth rock. Besides,
two of my other Pokemon are resistant to fire anyway. Another interesting thing I gave Ferrothorn is
payback. Gyro ball is alright, but there's really gotta be something Ferrothorn can have that can take
care of chandelure. It's slow enough for payback to function the way it does best. The nerf they gave it
is sad, but I don't want to really rely on Ferrothorn to be taking out psychic/ghost types that switch in
to it. Leech seed is my recovery method, and stacked with iron barbs that should give a lot of fighting
move users trouble.

Dusclops@Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
IV's: 31/x/31/x/31/x/
EV's: 252 HP, 68 Def, 188 Sp.Def
-Hex
-will-o-wisp
-Taunt
-Pain Split

Dusclops has the awesome profession of shutting many, many things down. With his eviolite acting almost
like steroids to his defenses, and a method of recovery via pain split, this thing's going to be hard
to take out without it crippling it's opponents. Will-o-wisp and taunt are it's key moves. Will-o-wisp
will shut down the physical moves of haxorus, conkeldurr, scizor, and the whole bunch. Those powerful
fighting types don't have much it can do it Dusclops with it's ghost typing, which also shuts down the
use of rapid spinning. Taunt's usefulness is simple, shut down anything that uses non-attack moves. So
toxic stallers, nasty plot users, entry hazard users, and the like can't get much done with taunt around.
Dusclops's low HP gives Pain split a good reason for existing as a reliable method of recovery, though it
works best when dusclops is facing another opponent with full HP when dusclops has been worn down quite
a bit. Hex, the only legitimate sweeping move, works hand-in-hand with will-o-wisp, and will still get
amazing coverage, only reisted by dark types, and inneffecive against normal-types.

Swampert@Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Careful
IV's: 31/31/x/x/31/x
EV's: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Sp.Def
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Curse

Swampert's the special tank of this team, the only defensive pokemon I have that isn't proficient in
both defenses. That's the reason for curse. With a will-o-wisp from dusclops to cripple a physical threat,
swampert can buff up even further with curse, and be prepared for some amazing tanking. It's other three
moves are for coverage's sake along with two great STAB moves. Now, there's a great number of grass threats
that will come swampert's way, so ice punch could help with that, in addition to most of them using specially
oriented moves that swampert's 306 Sp.Def and 404 HP could help with. There's not much more about my
bulky water Pokemon that needs to be said here.

Darmanitan@Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
IV's: x/31/x/x/x/31
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
-Flare Blitz
-U-turn
-Stone Edge
-Superpower

My physical sweeper. It's better than most speed stat is good, but requires a choice scarf if it's going to be anything like Infernape's. Which is why It's got U-turn, for when Darmanitan alone can't deal with a threat. This set is pretty basic. Flare Blitz, Stone Edge, SuperPower for coverage, (which should take care of a lot, honestly), U-turn for scouting, you know the drill. It may not take full advantage of the 140 base attack, but with sheer force, that's not so much a problem anyway.

Galvantula@Life Orb
Ability:Compoundeyes
IV's: x/x/x/31/x/31
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Volt Switch
-Energy Ball

A bit of the same routine as Darmanitan. Coverage, and scouting. Galvantula's role is the special spectrum of Darmanitan's, but there are a few changes. Life Orb is to help with that 97 Sp.Atk, stat, which Galvantula needs help with if it's going to sweep with energy ball and bug buzz as alternatives to Thunder. Speaking of, Compoundeyes really helps contribute to an amazing STAB for Galvantula - Thunder. Now at 91%, while not 100%, it's still more reliable than Stone Edge.

Mandibuzz@Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
IV's: 31/x/31/x/31/x
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Def, 252 Sp.Def
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird
-Toxic
-Roost

Mandibuzz is the last member of this party. Another annoyer Pokemon alongside Dusclops. But Mandibuzz works
a little differently. Whirlwind's the key to Mandibuzz's role, as a PHazer, and can help distribute a toxic
and stealth rock damage to all members of a team with this move. Toxic's the real way to go for Mandibuzz to
deal damage, and Brave Bird otherwise. If I'm dealing with a steel type, I can always just whirlwind it away.
Brave Bird is the typical STAB move for Mandibuzz, just so it can't be taunted into uselessness. But wait,
what about that recoil damage? Well, Mandibuzz's last trick is Roost. Having 361/309/317 defenses (when at
level 100), alongside reliable recovery is very annoying for sweepers to deal with. Finally, Mandibuzz's
ability, Overcoat. It's not the best thing ever, but being able to block sandstorm and hail damage is
a plus, especially for Gen. 5's obessession with weather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)