My wifi tourney WARSTRY!

This was the second round of the Smogon Wi-fi Tournament #2, and by far, one of the best matches I've ever had. I went against Dietrich and I was psyched to try my best and win the whole thing.

My pokes:

Gyarados-Wide Lens
Salamence-Choice Specs
Weavile-Choice Band
Metagross-Shuca Berry
Blissey-Leftovers
Donphan-Sitrus Berry

lol, Item Clause isn't exactly my most favorite metagame, so aside from the obvious choice users and my one leftovers, I just stuck random items that I thought would be somewhat beneficial to my pokes, In retorspect, I could've made a lot more strategic choices. Opponents pokemon will be listed at the end of the match.

Let the Battle COMMENCE!

Xcfrisco sends out Gyarados
Dietirch sends out Infernape
-I'm scared of Thunderpunch or Stone Edge, so I switch to my ground poke to cushion the blow

Xcfrisco switches to Donphan
Infernape U-turns to Swampert, Donphan(95% hp)
-A really bad matchup, but i predict that he'll set-up Rocks, so I set some Rocks of my own

Swampert uses Stealth Rock
Donphan uses Stealth Rock
-Excellent predict. Now I take a huge risk; hoping than Swampert's Surf/Ice Beam wont kill me and then I can rapid spin so Gyarados can Taunt his next SR attempt

Swampert uses Surf for 100% damage
Xcfrisco's Donphan fainted!
-Damn, apparently elephants are easily suscetible to drowning. I didn't think my Donphan's spdef was THAT crappy. I switch in Gyarados and take 25% SR damage

Dietrich switches in Skarmory
Gyarados uses Waterfall for 10%+SR, Skarmory(75% hp)
-Are you serious! YES, he must not think my Gyarados has Taunt

Gyarados uses Taunt
Skarmory can't use Roost after Taunt
-If this is his only Gyarados counter, its time for me to DD and sweep

Gyara DD's twice
Skarmory uses Drill peck twice for 45% damage, Gyarados(35% hp)
-Gyarados is ready to sweep

Dietrich switches in Swampert
Gyarados uses Waterfall twice for 100% damage
Dietrich's Swampert fainted!
-Sweet, my glands are salivating at this potential 6-0 sweep

Dietrich switches in Lucario
-Lucario probably has Extremespeed, but I can't switch out Gyarados now. He'll be useless the next time after SR damage.

Lucario uses Extremespeed
Gyarados survives with 6 HP, Waterfall's for 100% damage
Dietrich's Lucario fainted!
-YES!!! Gyarados is practically unstoppable, but I've been noticing and abundant amount of rock/ground/steel pokemon on my opponents team....

Dietrich switches in TYRANOSAURUS REX (rawr). A Sandstream brews
-Thank goodness for the new D/P mechanics, as Sandstream needs one turn before it can hit Gyarados

Dietrich switches in Skarmory, takes SR damage
Gyarados uses Waterfall, Skarmory(15% hp)
Gyarados is buffeted by sand
Xcfrisco's Gyarados fainted!
-You did good Gyarados, taking out almost half of Dietrich's team. If I had Leftovers equipped, this battle would have been a lot shorter (I was deabting it pregame).

Xcfrisco switches in Salamence, take SR damage
-Here's my biggest mistake of the battle, I opt to switch in Salamence instead of Weavile because I didn't know Dietrich's last pokemon, and I was afraid Weavile would do crap damage with Brick Break to that counter. I figured Dragon Pulse would sweep the rest of his team cause all his steel pokemon were presumably fainted/near KO. Then, secret 6th pokemon rears its obese head.

Dietrich switches in Blissey (ARGH!)
Salamence uses Dragon Pulse, Blissey(66% hp) after SR and SS
and Leftovers
-Crap, I'm gonna get Ice Beam'd, Twaved, put to sleep, etc. I switch in Weavile and hope for the best, knowing that I can Aromatherapy any status with my own Blissey later.

Xcfrisco switches in Weavile, takes SR damage
Blissey uses Softboiled, Blissey(100% hp)
-That wasn't so bad, lets hope Brick Break does BIG damage

Weavile uses Brick Break, Blissey(80% hp)
Blissey uses Thunderwave
-Crap, my fastest team member has just been incapaciatated. But, Weavile will KO with another Brick Break as long as I dont get gayed

Blissey uses Softboiled, Blissey(70% hp)
Weavile uses Brick Break
Dietrich's Blissey fainted!
-YESS, I'm up 4-3, and his team is screwed as long as I unparylyze Weavile

Dietrich sends out Inferape, (70% hp after SS and SR)
-I still needs Weavile to finish off the reast of his team, seeing as Infernape outspeeds everone but him

Xcfrisco switches in Salamence , takes SR damage
Inferanpe uses Close Combat, Salamence(15% hp)
-I'm dead, but Infernape's defenses and hp are at least lowered

Infenape U-turns to Skarmory(5% hp after SR), Salamence (5% hp)
Salamence uses Dragon Pulse
Dietrich's Skarmory fainted!
Salmence is buffeted by sand
Xcfrisco's Salamence fainted!
-Now what to do, Dietrich only has 90% Tyranitar and 50% Infernape left, I'm left even worse options. So, I send in Blissey, hoping that I can survive the onslought and Thunderwave+Aromatherapy in the process

Dietrich sends out Infernape(40% hp after SR)
Xcfrisco sends out Blissey(80% hp after SR)
-Crap, my Blissey only has 580 hit points. I hope to the heavens above that Close Combat doesn't OHKO

Infernape uses Close Combat
Xcfrisco's Blissey fainted!
-CRAP! Now Weavile is dead for sure, but I have one hope left, saving him all battle long.

Xcfrisco sends out METAGORSS
-Go Agiliygross Go! Survive Infernape's fire attack and we can sweep this thing!

Infernape uses Flare blitz, leave gross with 44 hp, BUT BURNS THE MOTHERFUCKER (ARGH!!!!)
Metagross uses Agility, is left with 6 hp after burn
-^&!#$^%!$%^!!! this battle is over

Metagross uses Earthquake,
Dietirch's Infernape fainted!
Metagross is hurt by burn
Xcfrisco's Metagross fainted!
-Sigh....

Tyranitar KO's my paralyzed Weavile with Earthquake

What a depressing way to end a solid match, hax is a part of pokemon after all. I played well though, so I can't be too disappointed.

Dietrich's pokemon (most items unknown):

Props:
-Gyarados for being BEASTLY, surviving hits like a soldier, eating babies, etc.
-Me and Dietrich for having a good match
-Smogon for being awesome

Slops:
-Donphan and Rapid Spin in general for being ABSOLUTLE USELESS. Every spinner this generation sucks at spinning
-Sandtsream, the most borked/broken trait just short of Wonder Guard
-My choice of items on my pokes, could've defitently startegized better

Thanks for reading!

Hey don't feel bad, he beat me today. I did manage to outstall Blissey with Heatran though, and it was a 2-0 victory for him.
Nice story. I love reading these, they help me get a grip on how others battle and predict, since I'm still slightly new. Plus they entertain me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)