Nageki (Placeholder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/538

[Overview]

<p>Nageki is generally overshadowed by the big ticket fighting types Machamp and Roobushin. Plauged by its low speed stat and no outstanding ability. The ability that gives it a chance at being noticed, Guts, is even shared by Machamp and Roobushin. </p>

<p>Although Nageki has similar stats to so many other fighting types he does have many things that make him unqiue. With 135 Base HP and 85 Defences he is the most defensively based fighting made so far. He has some exploitable weaknesses but in exchange he has many useful resistances, notably to Rock, Bug and Dark tyoe attacks.</p>

<p>With Overhead Throw Nageki can make a great phaser, Guts attacker or Bulk-Up Tank and although Nageki has a very low speed stat he can be an asset to any team.</p>

[SET]

name: Phazer
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Overhead Throw
move 3: Body Slam
move 4: Payback
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 136 Def / 56 SpD
item: Leftovers
ability: Guts

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With excellent defenses Nageki's substitutes can withstand every unboosted Dragon Tail to avoid it being phased out. The EV's are used to survive Dragon Tails and with the given special defense EV's Nageki is not 2HKO'd by LO Gengar's Shadow Ball </p>

<p>111 HP Substitutes allow Nageki to survive a Seismic Toss with an unbroken substitute. This allows Nageki to phase out Blissey. The substitutes also suvive all U-Turns. </p>

<p> Overhead Throw phases opponents preventing them from setting up and Payback 2HKOs Starmie and OHKOs Gengar after Stealth Rock. </p>

[SET]

name: Bulk Up Tank
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Revenge/Superpower
move 3: Payback
move 4: Earthquake/Taunt/Substitute
nature: Adamant
evs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def / 100 SpD
ability: Guts/Mold Breaker

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> With Bulk Up Nageki becomes somewhat of a physical tank failing to be 2HKO'd by an Earthquake from a Life Orb Doryuzu. </p>

*All Calculations are done after 1 bulk-up.
252 Atk Jolly LO Doryuzu Earthquake = 40.7% - 47.9%
252 Atk Jolly Choice Band Doryuzu Earthquake = 46.7% - 55.2%
252 Atk Brave Leftovers Roobushin Drain Punch = 26.4% - 31.2%
+1 Atk 252 Atk Brave Leftovers Roobushin Drain Punch = 39.5% - 46.7%

[SET]
name: Guts Attacker
move 1: Revenge/Superpower
move 2: Payback
move 3: Facade/Earthquake
move 4: Overhead Throw/Taunt
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
item: Flame Orb
ability: Guts

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> This is the standard guts set for Nageki and he does his job well. With Guts activated Nageki's attack stat becomes a very large 666. </p>

<p> Revenge is your main attacking move in the first slot and with Payback the two together have perfect coverage. </p>

<p> In the last slot you can have Taunt or Overhead Throw. Taunt will help you against set up sweepers and stop stall while Overhead Throw can be used to phaze set up sweepers and get rid of all their stat boosts with some damage included too.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

i feel as though mountain storm should get some sort of mention here
an attack that always ensures a critical hit means that pokemon that set up defensive boosts or screens are screwed since crits hit through those. Nageki could be a wall breaker.
plus 40 bp plus stab and 100% crit makes this thing a 120 base power attack
(40 x 1.5 for stab x 2 for crit)

Yes, but base 120 power moves with STAB have 180 power and I'm not to sure about the defensive boosts are screwed part but I'll give Mountain Storm a mention in AC.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Err, I saw Nageki on the list on the OP of that thread but can you clarify a bit what I have to do?
Just look in the thread:

Setsuna said:
The process to start doing any of the aforementioned Pokemon is the following: you post in this thread --> I make the assignment. Next, you can either evaluate the information that the thread you've taken contains and decide which sets you would like QC to review, or just directly overlook what's in it and post sets of your own, but the idea is not to throw overboard all the work that's been done in these threads.
Hence, you have to have the analysis approved before you can start on it, since you are taking over somebody else's analysis, which has already been started.

I would strongly advise that if you continue with this analysis, you check out the previous Nageki analysis (in that thread's OP) since a lot of work had already come into it, and we don't really want to have to start over if we can help it. Plus, there is A LOT of information in that thread that you don't have in your OP, so it would be a good idea to include that.

You mention Nageki's Base HP stat is 135 in the second paragraph of the overview section but the link you provided says his Base HP is 120. Just a small error that should be corrected.

On the Guts Attacker set, remove Superpower, giving it only an AC mention. With a Brave nature and 0 Speed IVs, Nageki is going to outspeed few Pokemon, so Revenge will almost always have 180 Base Power factoring in STAB. Superpower is not good on something as slow as Nageki, and after a Defense drop he is wide open to getting murdered by priority.

On any set using a Flame Orb, Fling is usable as a 1-shot Burn similar to AcroFling Gliscor.

It's worth slashing with Body Slam imo: Body Slam can cause paralysis (but I think this has bad synergy with Payback). But being a physical tank, it appreciates taking weaker hits from physical attackers, caused by the burn. It DOES need to watch out for other Guts users (Conkel >:[), but this would happen on occasion while running Body Slam.

I'd think a Sleep Talk set with Lefties is worth a mention, you can tank physical hits, Rest off the damage, and you then have a 2/3 chance of having a Guts boosted Attack hit the opponent while you're snoozing.

I would also suggest this set for Double Battles. Throh looks looks to be a great tank in Gen V. Wide Guard allows him to "Protect" himself and a Teammate on the field. Which is going to be very useful in the field during 2x Battles and 3x Battles. Second Move is up to you depending on who you plan on matching him with and his purpose. Body Slam is a great choice if you want another attack/ Earthquake is a no brainer in double Battles. Brick Break is key here because I think we will see the use of Light Screen/Reflect rise in 3x battles.

[SET]

name: 2x/3x Battle Tank
move 1: Wide Guard
move 2: Toxic/Bulk Up/Body Slam
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Brick Break
ability: Inner Focus/Mold Breaker

Thoughts?

I would also suggest this set for Double Battles. Throh looks looks to be a great tank in Gen V. Wide Guard allows him to "Protect" himself and a Teammate on the field. Which is going to be very useful in the field during 2x Battles and 3x Battles. Second Move is up to you depending on who you plan on matching him with and his purpose. Body Slam is a great choice if you want another attack/ Earthquake is a no brainer in double Battles. Brick Break is key here because I think we will see the use of Light Screen/Reflect rise in 3x battles.

[SET]

name: 2x/3x Battle Tank
move 1: Wide Guard
move 2: Toxic/Bulk Up/Body Slam
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Brick Break
ability: Inner Focus/Mold Breaker

Thoughts?
Only single battle strategies analyzed, you've wasted your time by posting that.

That's fine if you think that. But I posted that for those of us who look for and Prefer Double battles because of the strategy aspects of those battles. To me it was not a waste of time and maybe you should consider including them or making a new area for 2x/3x battles sets.

That's fine if you think that. But I posted that for those of us who look for and Prefer Double battles because of the strategy aspects of those battles. To me it was not a waste of time and maybe you should consider including them or making a new area for 2x/3x battles sets.
The VGC subforum is the closest thing to what you want. I suggest you try to post it there.

Please use prefixes in the future. Also, you list this as "Status: Almost Done" when it is everything but. This needs to go through QC, then it needs a proper writeup; what you have in the OP right now is nowhere near sufficient to explain Nageki and why you might actually want to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)