NBA discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, Posey was important, but what are the chances they run into Kobe again >_> And I think pretty much Paul Pierce and the team D can take care of any other off guards...not named Lebron. Okay, but they still have a high chance.

Pistons are old/bad. They'll be in top three in the eastern conference this season and lose in the second round of the playoffs...
76ers will take there place as a top contender in the eastern conference.
Also, Celtics will be good but not great. Eastern conference will be tight between
Celtics/Cavs/Pistons/76ers (IMO Bulls still won't be a major contender).

Scofield

is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
76ers dont have much either....remember elton brand and andre miller were on the clippers together.

Scofield

So, who wants to be in charge of the fantasy league? I'd join.

Like someone mentioned, the West is just insane...everyone is going to end up killing each other, and whatever team does survive is just going to be killed by the Celtics again; seriously, outside of Cleveland, maybe Chicago or Detriot, there's almost no good teams in the East, making it a rather easy road for the Celtics to cruise through. Meanwhile, nearly every team in the West has the potential for winning the Championship.

As usual I'll be rooting for the Suns, but it's gonna be a long season just to the playoffs. New coach, newly goggle-fied Amare, Barbosa out for now, older Shaq and Nash, probably not-improved Diaw...who knows what's gonna happen this year.

Scofield

Okay, fantasy draft is this friday. Can someone volunteer to run the smogon league? I'd prefer not to, as I'm a busy college student.

1. Scofield

Like someone mentioned, the West is just insane...everyone is going to end up killing each other, and whatever team does survive is just going to be killed by the Celtics again; seriously, outside of Cleveland, maybe Chicago or Detriot, there's almost no good teams in the East, making it a rather easy road for the Celtics to cruise through. Meanwhile, nearly every team in the West has the potential for winning the Championship.

As usual I'll be rooting for the Suns, but it's gonna be a long season just to the playoffs. New coach, newly goggle-fied Amare, Barbosa out for now, older Shaq and Nash, probably not-improved Diaw...who knows what's gonna happen this year.
Damn, anyone here remember when the East used to be so friggin cut-throat?
It's been sad these past years.

Clippers beat Lakers.

Lakers are 0-2 in the Preseason.
I know the preseason doesn't mean anything, but If this carries on, forget about seeing another Lakers Vs. Celtics.

I think hornets win in the finals. I'm a huge Boston fan but with the pick up of James Posey they are gonna be tough to beat... and look at posey's history he wins almost everywhere he goes.

Aaron Grays a BEAST
Damn, I'd say this preseason so far has been shocking, The Bulls are 0-2, the Lakers are 0-2, and the T-Wolves 2-0? Is this some kind of joke?
Well, Bulls play T-Wolves next, It'll be interesting to see what's gunna happen.

Preseason isn't much of an indicator of how well they'll do in the actual, but eh.

Suns are 1-1 (loss to the Hawks, but a win against the Jazz?)

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
uh you just found out that aaron gray was a gigantic sleeper (oh wait that's why he's a "sleeper" never mind)

and yeah, celtics will win at least one more ring, especially since ainge has been unmasked as the best gm in basketball

does anyone realize that posey has also been swept like 3-4 times in his career, so stop acting as if he makes you a guarantee 'winner'. sure he helps out and what not, but god forbid let's say you get a bad hornets mismatch, and they get swept again, what are we goin to say now?

Can someone explain to me exactly why Monta Ellis got suspended? The NBA front page says "getting on an offseason moped".

That obviously doesn't make any sense at all.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, I never understood the posey thing, he's a great role player but...he's a role player

i don't think that there's anything (outside lebron rising to an entirely new level in the playoffs,) that keeps either the lakers or the celtics out of the finals

Paul's supporting cast is average (peja sucks, west is good but they need more), the Jazz are good but they need more around williams and boozer, the mavs and suns are in decline, the nuggets are probably in decline too, the warriors are a mess imo, and houston won't ever be healthy (though if they are...), the spurs are always dangerous but eventually time will catch up to them (they'll be a playoff team always - parker is still young and they draft well but they won't contend for titles for a few years), and the blazers are still young (remember, oden hasn't played a minute in the NBA)

Can someone explain to me exactly why Monta Ellis got suspended? The NBA front page says "getting on an offseason moped".

That obviously doesn't make any sense at all.
They suspended him because he got into an accident. not only that, he "severely" injured his ankle. Now, he's suspended for 30 days w/o pay, JUST because of that.
Could things get any worse for him?

uh...more like he broken a legal provision in his contract where it explicity states NOT to ride a motorcycle OR a moped? if your 66 million dollar contract says not to do something, you probably should comply to it...and then you lie about it? yeah fuck off monta ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)