NBA discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulls Lost, after that 19 point lead. 0-3

Cavaliers are 0-3 too.

Really, I'm disappointed.
And I'd also like to know why Del Negro didn't let BG7 Play?

anyone here have nba 2k9 yet?
is it a big difference over 2k8
i want to get it to reclaim my position on the leaderboards but dont feel like dropping 60 bucks for it because online is the only thing ill play, perhaps a few quick games if friends come over

lol the knicks are a disaster
i live in new york and i hear people on the subway talking about how bad they are

my friends, former hardcore knick fans in the 90s have dropped their enthusiasm several notches because of how bad the organization has been run recently

i think something in the summer the front office refused to give up Zach Randolph for someone on the Clippers
come on now!
Randolph weighs like 300 pounds away from a ton and he doesnt play D at all

...Knicks beat the Celtics...? Well, they do have our (Suns) former coach, I've been wondering how he's been changing the team from the disaster they were last year.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The pre-season games really mean absolutely nothing. It only benefits the new coaches and new players for each team.

lol the knicks are a disaster
i live in new york and i hear people on the subway talking about how bad they are

my friends, former hardcore knick fans in the 90s have dropped their enthusiasm several notches because of how bad the organization has been run recently

i think something in the summer the front office refused to give up Zach Randolph for someone on the Clippers
come on now!
Randolph weighs like 300 pounds away from a ton and he doesnt play D at all
The Knicks WERE a disaster.
Now they have an excellent coach, and a really good rookie.

Pistons are old/bad. They'll be in top three in the eastern conference this season and lose in the second round of the playoffs...
76ers will take there place as a top contender in the eastern conference.
Also, Celtics will be good but not great. Eastern conference will be tight between
Celtics/Cavs/Pistons/76ers (IMO Bulls still won't be a major contender).
What the hell? Pistons are not old, there's a few players who are old but we got new players right now, and a new coach. I hope you're not a Boston celtics fan because then I know why you're saying Pistons will come 3rd and lose the 2nd round of the playoffs, you're a bullshitter. Chauncey Billups, Antonio, Rasheed Wallace, and Antonio McDyess are practically the oldest players in the Pistons, if I miss anyone, sorry too bad. Thank you very much.

Every year, Pistons have came 1st / 2nd. 76ers will also be a tough team this year. But I guarantee everyone this, Celtics will not take it again..rofl

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What the hell? Pistons are not old, there's a few players who are old but we got new players right now, and a new coach. I hope you're not a Boston celtics fan because then I know why you're saying Pistons will come 3rd and lose the 2nd round of the playoffs, you're a bullshitter. Chauncey Billups, Antonio, Rasheed Wallace, and Antonio McDyess are practically the oldest players in the Pistons, if I miss anyone, sorry too bad. Thank you very much.

Every year, Pistons have came 1st / 2nd. 76ers will also be a tough team this year. But I guarantee everyone this, Celtics will not take it again..rofl
The young guys are very impressive also. Rodney Stuckey, Aimir Johnson, and Jason Maxiel are all very intriguing to watch their development. Aaron Afflalo and Sharpe also deserve a mention here.

Early playoff predictions

East:
1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Philadelphia
4. Cleveland
5. Orlando
6. Toronto
7. Washington
8. Miami

Celts first of course for the way the dominated last year. I could go way into depth with them, but i really dont feel like it right now. Detroit, no matter how much people think they get older, ALWAYS have a great regular season, and even a good playoff run, dont expect that to end until the main 4 is broken up. Philly i think really has the pieces to contend this year, they have a great starting 5, and a decent bench with louis williams, if andre miller keeps their chemistry together, they'll be very dangerous. Cleveland/orlando/toronto i had trouble placing, but decided on this order because i believe LBJ will really want homecourt this year because of what happened vs the celts in the playoffs. Orlando has no bench...but a great starting 5, so idk whats gunna happen with them. Toronto is decently deep, and if JOneal stays healthy will be very dangerous inside/outside team. Washington next because they're a decent team, just not good enough to get over that bump to elite. Last, miami because i think D Wade is gunna turn it around and carry them to the playoffs. The teams barely missing are Atlanta and Milwaulkee, the rest wont be close IMO. I could see ATL making it over miami however.

West:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. New Orleans
3. Houston
4. Utah
5. San Antonio
6. Portland
7. Dallas
8. Denver

Lakers first, assuming they keep their great chemistry going with bynum. New orleans because how amazing they were last year, and show no signs of letting up this year. I saw houston play the celts in preseason, and they are not taking this season lightly. I think they have a great chance to win the west in the playoffs if they can just stay healthy. Artest really gives them that physical guy they really needed. Utah is always great with DWill/boozer. They're one wing scorer away from being a top 2 team in the west imo. San Antonio always finds a way to the playoffs, no matter how crazy it sounds, they'll be there, oh they'll be there. Portland is the newcomer to the playoffs, everybody knows how well they did last year, and they're clearly even better this year. Dallas has a chance to do better if they get the chemistry/defense going, but for now this is as high up as i can place them, considering how poorly they did last year since they got kidd. Last is denver, just because they can pile points on the board as well as any team in the league, its their defense that has them so far down. The teams just missing out is Pheonix and Los angeles clippers. I believe these teams will be plagued by injury, but i could definately see phx making the playoffs over denver/san antonio/dallas/portland. Clippers are extremely injury prone, and dont really have chemistry yet.

yeah these are just my opinions, so dont be bitching at me if your team didnt make it, because i just dont think they will. Have them prove me wrong, not you, surprises always make things fun.

Early playoff predictions

East:
1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Philadelphia
4. Cleveland
5. Orlando
6. Toronto
7. Washington
8. Miami

Celts first of course for the way the dominated last year. I could go way into depth with them, but i really dont feel like it right now. Detroit, no matter how much people think they get older, ALWAYS have a great regular season, and even a good playoff run, dont expect that to end until the main 4 is broken up. Philly i think really has the pieces to contend this year, they have a great starting 5, and a decent bench with louis williams, if andre miller keeps their chemistry together, they'll be very dangerous. Cleveland/orlando/toronto i had trouble placing, but decided on this order because i believe LBJ will really want homecourt this year because of what happened vs the celts in the playoffs. Orlando has no bench...but a great starting 5, so idk whats gunna happen with them. Toronto is decently deep, and if JOneal stays healthy will be very dangerous inside/outside team. Washington next because they're a decent team, just not good enough to get over that bump to elite. Last, miami because i think D Wade is gunna turn it around and carry them to the playoffs. The teams barely missing are Atlanta and Milwaulkee, the rest wont be close IMO. I could see ATL making it over miami however.

West:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. New Orleans
3. Houston
4. Utah
5. San Antonio
6. Portland
7. Dallas
8. Denver

Lakers first, assuming they keep their great chemistry going with bynum. New orleans because how amazing they were last year, and show no signs of letting up this year. I saw houston play the celts in preseason, and they are not taking this season lightly. I think they have a great chance to win the west in the playoffs if they can just stay healthy. Artest really gives them that physical guy they really needed. Utah is always great with DWill/boozer. They're one wing scorer away from being a top 2 team in the west imo. San Antonio always finds a way to the playoffs, no matter how crazy it sounds, they'll be there, oh they'll be there. Portland is the newcomer to the playoffs, everybody knows how well they did last year, and they're clearly even better this year. Dallas has a chance to do better if they get the chemistry/defense going, but for now this is as high up as i can place them, considering how poorly they did last year since they got kidd. Last is denver, just because they can pile points on the board as well as any team in the league, its their defense that has them so far down. The teams just missing out is Pheonix and Los angeles clippers. I believe these teams will be plagued by injury, but i could definately see phx making the playoffs over denver/san antonio/dallas/portland. Clippers are extremely injury prone, and dont really have chemistry yet.

yeah these are just my opinions, so dont be bitching at me if your team didnt make it, because i just dont think they will. Have them prove me wrong, not you, surprises always make things fun.
You just took Last season's playoffs and revamped it.

uh orlando can finish no worst than 4th.........divison winner seeding.....
oh, my bad, but i still believe they will have the 5th best record, and it wouldnt impact a single thing if they were 4th or 5th in the playoffs, cleveland would still have homecourt with the better record

and to master mikaruge - I dont expect there will be any suprise teams this year, only possible suprise teams i can see that i didnt mention at all above are sactown and chicago, but im not betting on it. I think the playoffs will look rather simliar to last year.

Well, I feel happy for my Bulls now.
They came back from a 1-4 grind.
They are now 3-4, with another win against the Bucks on friday coming :)

The Knicks WERE a disaster.
Now they have an excellent coach, and a really good rookie.
I think the Knicks will definitely improve their record, but I doubt if they're good enough to contend for the playoffs.
Mike D'Antoni is a very well respected coach, but he doesn't have a very deep roster that fits his style of play.
I am a big Knicks fan, but I think that it'll take at least a year or two for them to get back.

Bulls finish 4-4, but lose 4 Key players.
Larry Hughes won't be able to come back until 3 weeks, Deng's toe keeps bothering him, Gordon has a jammed toe but promises to play on Tuesday (probably not likely), and Derrick Rose has a strained right hip.

Well, Suns VS Spurs, 1st game nearly...

Overall, I have to say the Suns scare me a bit. I'll admit, I have not actually watched any of the preseason games, but I have read the summaries and such. So, just my impressions:

Matt Barnes, eh. I wouldn't start him, especially over Grant Hill.

Why did they not resign Gordan Giricek or Brian Skinner? Granted, Skinner and Sean Marks were sort of out once Shaq arrived, but I liked Giricek, I personally thought he had some good potential (more than Barnes). Strawberry > Tucker as well, should have traded Tucker imo.

Goran Dragic and Robin Lopez, not expecting too much of either of them, both are too fresh.

Obviously, gone are the days of 100+ scoring. RIP run-and-gun system.

Overall, I'd have to say that the Suns CAN make it to the playoffs, but I seriously am doubting any championships here. The West Conference is even more brutal this year than last. Both last year and the year before were the Sun's best chances of winning the finals, and both chances were killed by the cheating Spurs. So eh, as long as the Spurs don't make the finals this year, I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)