NBA discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul had 15 assists and 0 turnovers in the loss. How does a ball-dominating pg like Paul maintain such a low turnover rate? He averages 4 assists per turnover a game and 2.9 turnovers a game, compared to other elite pgs like Nash 2.26 assists/to and 3.7 turnovers per game, and deron williams with 2.76 assists/turnovers and 3.6 turnovers a game. Not to mention he averages 20.5 ppg 11.6 assists, 2.9 steals per game in New Orleans which averages the fewest possessions per game in the NBA...the mind boggles what he could put up playing in perhaps D'Antioni's system...

hahahha JT got fucked over
and i still cant recognize the unidentified player in the end. Anybody fill me on that? that was funny as hell ahhaha

Is it just me or does TMac play like hes 45?

whenever he receives the ball, he stands still and passes it off immediately.

The few times he does drive, he screams very loudly upon any sort of contact(he's been doing this a few years now, even in his magic years)

other times, when he makes it look like hes trying to post up someone like delonte west or raymond felton, he just shoots a turnaround jumper that clanks off the rim.

EDIT: He gets blown past by the likes of Sasha Pavlovic, and gets beaten up and down the court by Luis Scola. I mean come on, hes only 29!

This is the first year I would say he's seriously overrated and overpaid, at least last year he lead the rockets to wins w/o yao

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Did anyone see the Bucks game tonight?

When Bobby Simons made the 3 with 9 seconds left to tie the game, I was like that's a fuck you to the bucks. Then the tear drop to win the game was sweet.

That does it.
I am never watching another Bulls game again, unless there is a trade. I am sick of watching Noah play. I'm sick of it. I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.
That was just COMPLETELY unnacceptable;
Fucking Del negro let fucking noah play and noah ruined the fucking game
against a team that IS 1 FOR FUCKING 15 ON THE FUCKING ROAD!
Fuck it. Just fuck it. Anyone have any suggestions for another team?
I'm rooting for the Cavs, but I need another team.

Bobcats.

I'm not joking.

Jump their bandwagon. They are playing some underrated defense with Larry Brown at the helm. Seriously, the acquisitions of Diaw and Bell will only help that team, and Gerald hasn't even kicked it up a notch just yet. Augustin, Morisson, Felton, all growing guards who are getting better too. Last but not least, Okafor is close to being the elite center they have hoped for all these years.

2nd to last place in the east only trailing 3.5 games behind an average Milwaukee team and an underachieving Nets team? They are this year's Hawks.

Yay, Rocket's blew out the Knicks. Rafer needs to go though <_<.

Bobcats.

I'm not joking.

Jump their bandwagon. They are playing some underrated defense with Larry Brown at the helm. Seriously, the acquisitions of Diaw and Bell will only help that team, and Gerald hasn't even kicked it up a notch just yet. Augustin, Morisson, Felton, all growing guards who are getting better too. Last but not least, Okafor is close to being the elite center they have hoped for all these years.

2nd to last place in the east only trailing 3.5 games behind an average Milwaukee team and an underachieving Nets team? They are this year's Hawks.
Are you kidding? People predicted the Nets to be last behind OKC during preseason. Look at where they are now, especially with the sudden breakout from guard Devin Harris and. If anything, the Nets are the "Hawks" of this season.

The Nets are still barely under .500 and Devin Harris comes and goes when it comes to injuries. That's one of the primary reasons why the Mavs traded him away, they just made the wrong offer for Kidd. Sure, he's still young, but an injury history would soon accumulate. The Nets would be more successful if he was on the court on a night-to-night basis, but it's just not looking that way.

Don't get me wrong, he's a wonderful player. I just see the short little times he isn't in the lineup, their whole game is down. And they've been known to break down by season's end. Check out the schedule last year. Carter can only do so much.

They better step up the D too. They just won't win close games when opponents score 101.4 PPG, compared to Charlotte's 93.4, 8th best in the NBA.

If Devin Harris can stay healthy and continues his torrid pace, the Nets are a solid 7-8 Seed team in the East. The Bobcats' defense has been better this year compared to previous years, however they will continue to lose close games due to their lack of a 'go to' guy in crunch time. Jason Richardson used to be that guy, but he's no longer there. To be fair, Richardson is a good third option on a good team, but he should never be the first option in any case. Gerald Wallace has blossomed into a good player, but he is not the answer either. I feel the Bobcats are one very good player away from being a Playoff Contender. Just my two cents.

The Nets are still barely under .500 and Devin Harris comes and goes when it comes to injuries. That's one of the primary reasons why the Mavs traded him away, they just made the wrong offer for Kidd. Sure, he's still young, but an injury history would soon accumulate. The Nets would be more successful if he was on the court on a night-to-night basis, but it's just not looking that way.

Don't get me wrong, he's a wonderful player. I just see the short little times he isn't in the lineup, their whole game is down. And they've been known to break down by season's end. Check out the schedule last year. Carter can only do so much.

They better step up the D too. They just won't win close games when opponents score 101.4 PPG, compared to Charlotte's 93.4, 8th best in the NBA.
Yeah but so is Charlotte. Holding opponent's PPG to 93.4 means nothing if you can't do anything in offense, which shows in their W/L record.

Injury prone or not, it was still a good steal for the Nets. The Nets managed to get a great point guard to pair up with VC (who's actually starting to give a damn now) and someone who'd actually take in Kidd's contract.

Well guys, I've chosen now, It's the Miami Heat.
But... I was being a tad to harsh about the Bulls..
After all, I am a loyal fan, I just got pissed... and there's no way I can give up on my home team.. Anyways, I just lowered my expectations for this Bulls team BIGTIME, with my predictions being: Ending the season with a 38-44 record and missing the playoffs.
Honestly, The Bulls need to stop depending so much on Derrick Rose to run their offense, HE'S ONLY A FUCKING ROOKIE!!!

I didn't see the game but wow, looks like the aging Spurs showed us they can still come out on top. I wish I had seen the game, the final score makes it seem like it was an intense matchup.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
It was a great game. Mason came through in a crazy way, topping heroics from kobe and duncan. Kobe looked like he wanted to kill fisher and also made a huge mistake by not chucking it at the end, the one time he should had.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Do you really think Kobe couldn't had gotten that shot off? Yeah, he was doubled, so what? He still coulda tossed it up, like when he noticed the second defender starting to come towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)