NBA discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Piston's can't lose with Allen Iverson not playing. Is he really that detrimental to the team chemistry or is there something else going on?

The Spurs game was a decent win, the Suns need to get it going tho... 2 more games vs. Mavs, lets see if they can sneak in.

The Suns need to start winning, damn it. Otherwise, there is a very good chance they will miss the playoffs completely, instead of losing to Lakers or (evil, cheating) Spurs R1.

No mention of Ariza's stinkin' cheapshot? While I may be biased due to the fact that the Lakers are playing Houston next, I do think that Odom should be suspended under the rules. I mean, it wasn't any better than what got Amare suspended in 2007.

Cheap shot? You mean the foul on Fernandez? He played the ball. Its not like he took out his legs or anything. If you see the replay, I'm wondering why he did not brace himself. He ended up doing more harm to himself. Idk maybe I'm biased as well, but it did not seem malicious.

wade just continues to blow my mind

The heat would be a 5 win team without wade, yet they're like 6 games over .500 and in the 5 seed fighting for homecourt advantage. I feel he should win mvp, but lbj will win due to his team being top tier.

@ Kay:Odom got suspended for a game. Personally I think the leaving the bench rule is stupid, in the case of Amare in 2007. But in this case Odom kind of lamely denies ever leaving the bench to the media (I) "stood up, but I stood right there -- I didn't go nowhere.", when video evidence clearly shows an assistant coach having to shove him back to the bench.

@Hypnox13: "If you see the replay, I'm wondering why he did not brace himself. He ended up doing more harm to himself." How do you brace yourself when you're already up in the air attempting to lay the ball in??

The Suns better win this tonight, or its all over for their playoff hopes. To gain ground on the Mavs would be the ultimatefor them.

A few good matchups on the schedule today.

Jazz vs Hawks
Celtics vs Heat
Lakers vs Rockets
Mavericks vs Trailblazers

Wish I could watch the Lakers game but alas, it's not on national TV.

Well rockets beat Cleveland iirc. So It should be an interesting game to say the least. Unless the Lakers play the same way they did at Portland.

Im not sure if Bynum is coming back before the playoffs if ever, and KG is gonna be back eventually. Maybe theyre just resting him for the stretch run? Manu's taking jumpers, so thats a good sign for the Spurs.

Thank God Lakers won that. It wasn't as flashy as Wade against the Bulls or LBJ @ Clippers but Kobe took over the game in the waning minutes. Chalk up one more streak that died at the hands of the Lakers. During the broadcast, the announcers said Bynum should be back in early April. I'm almost positive he'll be back for the post-season.

Boston loss at Miami wasn't surprising considering they were out 2 starters. Neither was Utah's loss at Atlanta. They've got a vicious home crowd.

I'm disappointed that Utah lost, I wanted them to go on a mad crazy streak.

How about LeBron's 51 on the Kings to beat them in overtime?

Lakers and Cavs are tied for best record in the NBA.

"Since he signed, Boston is -28 with Stephon Marbury on the court and +24 with him on the bench."

On NBA.com's power rankings page. Walker, Iverson, Marbury - all team cancers.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I'd honestly trust Dwade with my life in a hostage situation.

The only other NBA player I feel that way about is Steve Nash, and I'd bet he's making the playoffs this year. Sorry Darkie, but Dallas is so out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)