ORAS OU Necklace Don. Peaked 1850

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender

Hey, guys, I'm 3d. If you don't know who I am, I play bw2 and oras ou/pu a lot. I'm here to showcase one of the only serious teams I've built in the 2 year span of ORAS, and the only team I used to get past 1800s on ladder without ghosting :D

INTRODUCTION

To start things off, when I wanted to build something the pokemon diggersby really fascinated me, not sure why but I really wanted to build around it. I also wanted to build something that wasn't 6-0d by standard 6-0, and also had a shot vs stall, and balance. I also didn't want to build straight Hyper Offense since I don't really like using HO that much, instead I wanted to build bulky offense (offense but has switchins for certain threats like keldeo). I also didn't want to build standard metagross starmie ferro BO, rather something unique. This team also hasn't gotten use outside of ladder so keep that in mind if you plan on using this for a tour or something. I understand that torn-t rotom lando is used on like every single BO team but those pokemon are really good on BO and hard to not use them.​

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

When I first started off with the team, I wanted to build around something that is strong, and can net a kill vs balance virtually every time it comes in. First thing that came to mind, was choice band diggersby. This is one of my favourite sets that I was meaning to build around for quite a while but never really got to it. The main role that this thing was supposed to do was "punch as much holes as it can through the opponents defensive core" and it sure did do that well. Getting kills vs clefable, zapdos, hippowdon, and ferrothorn really helps this team out a lot and diggersby checks all of those nicely. The only real problem with this thing vs fat, is that it can't really kill rotom-w after rocks. You need an absolute max roll to kill after rocks, but that's negated due to lefties...So your game plan should be to knock rotom off with torn, and killing with diggers.

As I was looking for partners, I realized that voltturn support was key for diggerby as I can get a free switch to diggersby, and do major damage vs the opponents team. So the first two pokemon I thought that would be a good volt-turn core while also have bulk, is Lando-T+Rotom-W. I'm sure you know what this core is supposed to do. Lando-T gets up rocks, u-turns into rotom, while also getting rid of some rotom-w threats like scarf drill, while rotom handles scizor, and keldeo somewhat. Rotom-W can also burn opposing Rotom's for Diggersby to net a KO. On the other hand, Diggersby hard checks clef, for rotom-w.

Next, since I didn't want this to become standard BO, I decided on using a fun set Avidity and I crafted..Sub Hone Claws Kyurem-Black. Believe me when I tell you that this does so much work vs stall (if played correctly). Outside of being the best wincon in the game, kyurem is also a good counter to manaphy which if you didn't notice, completely 6-0s.

After coming this far, I realized that I get 6-0d by specs keldeo, and zard-y. To fix this problem I added AV Torn-T. Torn-T is one of the best keldeo counters in the game thanks to its speed, and stab hurricane. Since reg av torn-t still doesn't beat zard-y I decided on using HP rock on it. HP Rock, even without SpAtk investment is still an easy 2hko.

Finally, as you can see, I don't have a mega. For this slot I decided on using Metagross for a couple of reasons. 1, it checks mega diancie which is pretty much wins with my team at this point. You may be saying that mega scizor does that job better, but it doesn't do the 2nd thing metagross does. Weaken manaphy/zard-y. Those 2 are huge threats to my team and having a pokemon that can hurt them is super beneficial.

SETS

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Return
- Quick Attack

"Omg wow you're not using ice punch on diggersby garbage/10 team" may be your initial reaction. But having Fire Punch on here is soo helpful when playing vs stall. Being able to get rid of the skarm early allows me to spam EQ every time it comes in and possibly get a kill. I never Ice Punch in coming Lando-T's anyway, since return 2hkos. EQ is an obvious choice here, main ground stab move, and also main move I spam vs stall. It does so much damage to ferro/sciz, and ohkos every other steel. QA is used for priority and hits things like weakened latios/tornt. Diggersby should be used to come in on doubles/voltturn so it can do heavy damage without taking damage itself.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpA / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn

Again, another poke I don't really need to go into too much detail with, just based on its usage in the tier, but for RMT's sake I'll do it. I'm using rocks because this is my only real stealth rocker, and not using rocks on defensive lando-t is usually a waste. EQ is the main stab move, and is used vs things like excadrill, rachi, etc.. U-turn is to gain momentum, or a free kill with diggersby. My final Slot is HP Fire, because scizor could be a problem since my only counter is rotom-w, so I wanted another backup check to scizor. Lando-T should be used as a switchin to excadrill, and a pivot for mega lopunny.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split​

On this team, Rotom-Was is the main scizor counter, while also being the main rain counter. Wisp is used to cripple physical attackers including scizor, garchomp, landot, metagross, and a plethora of the others. Thunder-Wave could also be used to prevent Zard-X from setting up.Volt is used to create a volt-turn core with Lando-T, and Torn. Hydro is used to hit those pesky grounds, and heatran. Finally, Pain Split is here because it's rotom-w's only source of recovery, and can help maintain its sustainability. Rotom-W should be used as a scizor counter, and a metagross/lopunny pivot.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 128 Atk / 160 Def / 104 SpD / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Hone Claws
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt

This is what you call a stall breaker. Before I get on to the sets, I'll just explain the EVs really quickly. The HP+Def is used to be able to tank both Quagsire's Earthquakes, and Skarmory's Brave Bird, without it's sub being broken. The Spdef is solely for Amoonguss' sludge bomb, which does 24 max. The Speed EVs are used to outpace base 60s which really only includes Magnezone. Now onto the moves. Finally the HP is so chansey won't break sub with seismic toss. Sub, is so sableye can't burn you, amoonguss can't put you to bed, quagsire can't burn you, and chansey can't twave you. Hone Claws is kyurem's only way of setting up but it still works really well considering kyurem's masive base attack stat. Dragon Claw is used to hit the majority of stall teams, with exceptions being skarmory, heatran, clefable, and whatever steel/fairy type might be on stall teams. Fusion Bolt is to hit all of those annoying Clefables, and Skarmorys. It's best to get rid of clefable before setting up, which can be done with the help of Diggersby and Metagross.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Again, before I go into the moves, i'll explain my weird EVs. Max HP is used so I can actually switchin to specs keld, rather than taking 50+from scald, and even dying to rocks+specshydro. Max speed is obviously used so I can outpace Base 120s which include normal Alakazam. and the rest go into Sp.Atk, although these EVs don't matter too much since i don't miss out on any 2hkos. HP Rock is used so my MU vs zard-y isn't horrible.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Hammer Arm

Metagross' main job on this team is to get rid of annoying fairies, and weaken manaphy/zard-y. Thanks to its massive attack, it can do much more than that, like 2hkoing slowbro on a switchin, and also beating mega pinsir. Max Atk is used to maximize damage output, while Max Speed is used to outpace pokemon like Keldeo. Metagross should be used to get rid of any potential wincons your opponent might have.

THREATS

Rain is super annoying for this team to deal with especially since my water resist is rotom-w which gets torn apart by draco meteor from kingdra. When playing vs rain I strongly advice you to keep your rotom-w, and tornt healthy as they are the ones that are gonna beat your opponents rain sweepers.

Once lando-t goes down its basically GG. If this thing gets up +1+1 vs rotom-w, there's nothing you can really do about it. So game plan vs zard-x teams, you have to keep landot healthy, or never give it the chance to setup.

Dragongroudon9 who gave me the idea to name the RMT Necklace Don, top2 album btw,,
Hiye who's not winning olt (lol)
Avidity who came up with quality kyurem-b set
Camilas despite him thinking im dogass at the tier.
Littlelucario for being good at ru

Last edited:

3d

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
hp fire > sd on landot
bp > hammer arm on metagross
jolly on diggersby

Last edited:
Hi.

Just some quick suggestions:

Jolly > Adamant
I'm not fully sure about this but outspeeding Tran seems nice. I don't think Jolly misses out on any important O/2HKOs but if it does then slap me.

Swords Dance > HP Fire
SD is another way to beat MZor 1v1. The added benefit is that you pressure MSab really hard, allowing you to get Rocks up easier vs Stall. With this change, you can run the 8 SpA EVs elsewhere (I put them in speed) and run an Impish Nature instead.

Latios > Torn-T

Torn-T shouldn't be used as your Keldeo and Zard Y check. It's too susceptible to burns and is weak too Rocks too. Latios is a much better check with access to Roost too (and you don't miss). It also has Defog which helps KyuB. This makes your team weaker to Gengar too but I think that's better than having it 6-0'd by Keldeo, which is far more common.

Pursuit > Hammer Arm
Pursuit traps a lot of things that annoy your team, which include but are not limited to Latis and Gengar (that don't wanna risk the Speed Tie). On the other hand, Hammer Arm hits nothing else that's super important.

Here are the sets:
Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Return
- Quick Attack

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Pursuit

That's it for my rate. Hope I helped, thanks for reading and have a nice day! n_n

3d

World Defender
Hi.

Latios > Torn-T

Torn-T shouldn't be used as your Keldeo and Zard Y check. It's too susceptible to burns and is weak too Rocks too. Latios is a much better check with access to Roost too (and you don't miss). It also has Defog which helps KyuB. This makes your team weaker to Gengar too but I think that's better than having it 6-0'd by Keldeo, which is far more common.
Ok, remember how i mentioned my super weak mu to rain. Torn-T somewhat helps me beat it since it can live any hit and then I can pivot into either metagross, or rotom-w. I'm also not 6-0d by keldeo since torn can switch into every hit even when burned. If they icy wind I can go into metagross or rotom-w. Also zard-y is always paired w sand and torn-t could lure in zard-y instead of forcing it out which I like a lot better.
Hi.

Jolly > Adamant
I'm not fully sure about this but outspeeding Tran seems nice. I don't think Jolly misses out on any important O/2HKOs but if it does then slap me.
Jolly doesn't kill rotom after torns knock off and tran isn't even that big of a threat. Since I have rotom-w+Metagross

The lando-t set seems fine.

From a team preview it's abundantly clear that Weavile, especially a Life Orb variant, decimates this team. You do have a pivot in Rotom however, if saved for the late game or if your opponent pressures your Rotom enough to put it in range of Weavile's attack, it can clean up the remainder of your team. Therefore, consider running Bullet Punch over Hammer Arm as it allows some counter-play since 99% of the time during the late game with Rotom weakened or knocked out, you have to tank a Knock Off on Metagross to actually kill it. Therefore, running Bullet Punch helps out with Metagross' longevity. Additionally, it's a safer option versus Pokémon like Mega Diancie, Mega Lopunny or a scarfed Kyurem that's in range of Bullet Punch alleviating pressure from your pivots and preventing you from sacking all the time.

P.S. As a side note, I and I only made that Kyurem-B set; Amoonguss tweaked it by adding something that I suggested as an alternative (more defence). SMH some people are just so fraudulent nowadays.

3d

World Defender
Just noticed I forgot proof of peak here it is:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)