Need a name for this team (Peaked #10s)

Hi all, this is my first RMT ever and I'm bringing you guys a RU team that I have a lot of success with recently. This may sounds strange, but I follow a strict teambuilding code of my own. Every team i build consist of a set-up pokemon with focus sash that I always lead with (set up move, hard-hitting stab, coverage move, priority), two tanks (1 for physical, 1 for special),
and 3 other guys that sweep.

@ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Shadow Sneak​

This guy is often my lead. Gallade is so underrated, I don't know why people don't use this poke more considering its monstrous attack and large movepool. I just want to punch holes in my enemy's team with this poke starting at turn 1. A stab Close Combat coming off 383 attack is no joke. If I ever find a chance to Swords Dance (like when they set up SR at turn 1), pain would surely follow if my opponent doesn't have something 4x resistant to CC or Leaf Blade (screw all the scolipede and rare golbat). +2 CC and Leaf Blade 1hko 95% of everything in the tier if not resistant.

Close Combat to hit everything not resistant. Leaf Blade to hit things like Slowking, qwilfish, and spiritomb. Shadow Sneak hits first and a lot of the times used as a last effort to do some damage before going down to faster target.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Nature: Impish
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak​

Want to be a boss at tanking hits? Name yourself Dusknoir jkjk. But serriously, this guy can take any physical or special hits (even my Gallade's +2 Leaf Blade fail to ko even after sr and spikes if any T_T) like nothing in this tier. Considering not many ppl use offensive ghost/dark -type here, there is not many things this guy cant wall. This is my go-to-guy if I see any fighting pokes no matter what, as it can wall them to oblivion.
P.S dont stay in on absol, just burn it and gtfo
pps dusknoir outspeeds spiritomb :)

WoW gives some residual dmg and sometimes it might just be enough so that ur opponent cannot ko dusknoir, then it can use pain split to share the HP and live a few more turns. Seismic Toss and Shadow Sneak give me type coverage, allowing it to hit everything and not become setup fodder. Shadow Sneak is better than Shadow Punch as it gives me another priority (can do a bit more damage before going down to faster opponent).

@ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Nature: Calm
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic
- Hidden Power Rock​

This is the last guy I picked for my team and it is the poke that bring this team together and patch up many holes. Looking at my team, you can see that it is very physically based, so I needed a special attacker. I also needed a Stealth Rocker. And with Tornadus coming to this tier, there are a lot more rain teams than before. So i needed a pokemon that can stop rain team also. At first I chose Seismitoad because it can set up rocks, has water absorb and can deal special damage, it worked really well, BUT it cannot tank the infamous ludicolo, as 1 giga drain can cleanly take it out. So i picked Cradily and it sealed the deal. It is able to wall Ludicolo, Tornadus, and Kabutop (the main ones) easily and can stall out the turns using Recover.

I want more coverage on my nidoqueen, so I gave this guy SR. Toxic + Recover to stall something to death, especially on those choiced pokes, very effective combo. As I mentioned earlier, I want more special attacker, grass is not a good attacking choice, so i opt for the other stab-- rock. Ancient Power has too few pp, so i picked hp rock instead.

@ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt​

I swear Nidoqueen is going to move up to UU really really soon, this poke has insane coverage and power, i see like 80% of team have it. This pokemon on my team has several uses. First, it absorb toxic spikes since the rest of my poke can be affected by it. 2nd, takes volt switch. 3rd, kill. Simple.

Flamethrower, ice beam, thunderbolt, the 3 basic elements for common type coverage. Hit almost everything for supereffective, barring fighting, ghost, psychic etc.... Flamethrower over Fire Blast because of perfect accuracy (i really dislike non-100 accuracy moves). I chose earth power as my main stab move rather than poison because poison is only super effective against grass, where ground just have more coverage.

@ King's Rock
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Nature: Jolly
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap
- U-turn​

gotta embrace the hax, with king's rock, cincinno has about 50% of flinching a target, which saved me from many tough situations. cincinno outspeeds 99% of tier, except +Spd sceptile and the rare swellow/accelgor. with this guy's movepool, it is only wall by steel types, thats where u-turn comes in, get in some free damage b4 switching.

the first 3 moves are standard on every cincinno. but y not get wake-up slap over u-turn? even tho wake-up slap can hit steel-types, it is still too weak to do any serious damage, and also, i have other pokes on my team to deal with them. U-turn is also very versatile, allowing me to scout and/or bluff a choice item. when i pick moves, i opt for utility > power

@ Flame Plate/Charcoal
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Nature: Adamant
- Extremespeed
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Grass​

Entei is one of my offensive threats beside gallade and nidoqueen. The item choice is little bit weird, it is because I dont want to get locked into 1 move which most of the time can give my opponent an edge, and also with leftovers and life orb, it is either i dont feel i do enough damage or entei goes down after like 2 attacks. Flame Plate/charcoal is just the item, it gives entei the oomph it needs to 1hko max hp max def tangrowth (thats how bulky tangrowth is), with leftovers it cannot ko tangrowth. with LO, entei woulda died after 2 flare blitz recoil + SR.

Extremespeed gives me another priority which i can use to revenge kill. Flare blitz + Flame plate do almost the same damage as cb and i'm not forced to lock into a move. Stone edge to hit the flyings and poke that resist flare blitz (stone edge does about 30+% to a max hp slowking). last but not least, HP grass allows me to OHKO those rock/water and ground/water poke that comes in and try to set up on me (kabutops/omastar).

Threat List
-base 100+ spd heavy hitters
-entry hazzard, all my pokes take full spike damage, i cannot seem to find a place for a rapid spinner on my team
-setup sweeper, my team has no phazer, so if somehow my opponent get +2 or +3, its gg for me
-sleep fodder, every team member has a job in every match, i cannot let any of them get hit with sleep powder

that concludes my team, please leave comment/criticism on my team, i would really appreciate if you can help me perfect this team, thank you.

Hello! This is a great team! As you said, however, your team doesn't like sleep. This can be remedied by replacing HP Grass on your entei with Sleep Talk. If set up is such a big issue for you, you may want to consider changing Ice Beam on Nidoqueen, which doesn't get too much notable coverage in RU, to Roar. To combat fast threats, I suggest changing Cinccino's item to Choice Scarf.
GL! I hope I helped.

Helo there! Indeed, you have quite nice team here, and congrats to your laddering! But here somethings you can do to your team:

Gallade: I understand what is the purpose of Focus Sash, but, really, without a setup it almost impossible to OHKO Gallade, the only one that can come to my mind are strong flying sweepers and Druddigon, and both of them aren't common leads. This way, by changing its nature from Adamant to Jolly and changing Focus Sash to Lum Berry you get a way to deal with leads Smeargles since Gallade will always outspeed the painter (unfortunately you won't be able to setup in it, but most likely will KO it without any hazards set).
Nidoqueen: How is Flamethrower doing for you? As far as I know, without Fire Blast Nidoqueen misses a lot of 2HKOes, and even being bulk, Nidoqueen can't take a lot of hits by itself. Also, even though Ice Beam have a so-so coverage in RU, it will fail to OHKO Druddigon, while without Sludge Wave Nidoqueen won't be able to fight both Uxie and Mesprit. So, I would reccomend Sludge Wave instead of Ice Beam (I won't say about Flamethrower since maybe it is doing ok for you).
Cinccino: I would really recomend changin King's Rock to Choice Scarf and change the nature from Jolly to Adamant. This way you will have one of the best revenge killers of the tier, and, thanks to Rock Blast, Cinccino can deal quite easily with most fire sweepers (C-Band Entei's Extremespeed can't net a KO without hazard support). And also, as long as you keep U-Turn you may have in Cinccino another option in a lead, breaking Focus Sash in the many common leads of the tier. Another option for Cinccino's forth slot is Sleep Talk, giving a way to absorb Spore if you decided to not change Gallade.

For your problems with hazards and setup sweepers the only way to get around it will be by changing your defensive core, since both them are unable to phaze, and changing a single one from them both are quite hard, otherwise your core would be not so strong.

So, this is what I have to say. Good luck with the team!

Gallade:
Change Focus Sash to Lum Berry
Change Adamant to Jolly

Nidoqueen:
Change Ice Beam to Sludge Wave
(Maybe) Change Flamethrower to Fire Blast

Cinccino:
Change King's Rock to Choice Scarf
Change Jolly to Adamant
(Maybe) Change u-Turn to Sleep Talk

yeah, u guys are right, i might change ice beam on nidoqueen, but without icebeam, i cannot ko some of the common ground types (sandslash, golurk etc.). i guess icebeam is only good for those.
@morningsun
without hpgrass, it is guarantee my opponent will take the chance to set up with kabutop, omastar, sometimes even rock polish rhydon
roar seems to be a bit useless, the most feared set upper for me is lilligant, as +1 petaldance can 1hko nidoqueen, so there wont even be time for me to roar

@shiranai
i was struggling between lum berry and sash b4, but having sash is 100% that i will live and retaliate. but i will try using a lum berry again
(ohhh how i wish theres a good setup poke that has sturdy with a lum berry, with priority ofc!)(carracosta o.o)
tbh, since durant came into this tier, i see less usage of uxie and mesprit, so im not really worried about those, and besides, i have 2 really sturdy walls to fall back on
-witha scarf, cincinno outspeeds almost everything, but it would be too ez to switch on to and i lose 40% of the flinch hax T_T

thank you for the rates, i will definitely try the changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)