need advice on this potentially awsome team

hi everyone, this is probably my fourth team now, i basiclly used to have a team based around an outrage mence but as time went on the outrage mence seemed to work less and less, so i needed to change things up, i basiclly took all the emphasis off mence, switched out some pointless pokemon from the old team and gave him more versatility. i find my self losing often times more then half the games with my rating bouncing between 1020-1035 well anyway on to the team

DUAL SCREEN LEAD

*** REPLACED FOR MACHAMP THANKS PLUS***

TIMID
INNER FOCUS
LIGHT CLAY
252 HP 42 Def 216 Spe

REFLECT
LIGHT SCREEN
ENCORE
PHYSIC

i never have been good at choosing a proper lead, ive done everything from roserade to lopunny. out of the many leads i tried alakazam is decent but " all or nothing " philosophy. I wanted to try a screen lead for a change as then the first 8 turns do play in my favor a bit. this is basiclly what i do with him, turn 1 i reflect, turn 2 im either dead from 1 attack because this guy is paper, or they did what i wanted and used rocks/spikes. after i encore them that gives me the oppertunity to light screen, and then from there alakazam typically dies or i take a nice chunk from them with his physic (which does a alot).

CLASSIC MIXMENCE
RASH
LIFE ORB
80 HP 178 Spe 252 SpA

FIRE BLAST
DRACO METEOR
BRICK BREAK
ROOST

as i said i before this used to be an outrage mence but after a while i felt that it really wasent working, i decided to make him a mix mence as his movepool offers a way to stop walls like blissesys with brick break, and fire blast for steels, draco meteor i went for simple raw power for switches, for example when they have a skarmory/fortressess they generally will switch to a swampert anticipating the fireblast, however meteor takes a nice bit out of his health. i went with roost just so he last a bit longer, ill generally use it when they switch in something with low offensive capabilities.

PHAZER
RELAXED
LEFTOVERS
252 HP 252 Def 6 SpA

ICE BEAM
EARTHQUAKE
STEALTH ROCKS
ROAR

I obviously needed a pokemon to put rocks down, but also i like having a phaser for obvious reasons, to annoy and ruin their tactics, swampert has very nice defences and good attack capabilities, he acts as wall to many dragons and dispatches of them with ice beam, EQ is just an awesome STAB move and it works better on him then waterfall, the only downside to him is that grasses seem to slowly becoming more frequent and he just get destroyed by anything with grass in its name.

*** REPLACED FOR JIRACHI THANKS PLUS***

PHYSICAL SWEEPER
JOLLY
GUTS
WIDE LENS
252 Atk 252 Spe 6 SpD

SWORD DANCE
MEGAHORN
STONE EDGE
CLOSE COMBAT

my old team didnt have a solid physical sweeper, i really was suffering because of that, i decided to go with heracross because after reviewing his base stats i saw he had a superior atk of 125, a decent speed of 85 and decent health. i went with a wide lens over lifeorb because most of those moves only have acc. of 75-85%, that to me is not the acc i want a on a primary sweeper so i felt like he needed it more then life orb, if anyone feels different on that please post. even though he is 4x weak to flying, 99% of the time people bring out fire pokemon on him, which is kind of obvious what to do.

REVENGE KILLER
JOLLY
CHOICE SCARF
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe

CRUNCH
PURSUIT
STONE EDGE
SUPERPOWER

when most people think of revenge killers it most commonly comes down to him or scizor, i never actully used scizor but tyranitar has certainly proven him self an excellent revenge killer to me, crunch is the main attack which does decent dmg. to most and owns psychic's, pursuit is a risk when i use, if they are switing out then its a free kill, if i mis predict though then im stuck using a crappy version of crunch. stone edge and superpower give even more coverage, especially against walls like bliessey.

WISH SUPPORT
BOLD
LEFTOVERS
190 HP 252 Def 68 Spe

WISH
PROTECT
SURF
HP ELECTRIC

vaporeon is probably the only pokemon on this team i have been using since day 1. she still proves usefull till this day. wish is great at anytime when my guys are weak, protect in conjunction with wish make a "spam healing" tactic for vaporeon, this also will generally cause the pokemon to switch out or i will kill it in the end, surf is her primary attack (i went with it over ice beam, since swampert already is using it). and HP electric is there for the sole purpose of completely walling and owning a gyrados (i have been seeing less and less of them latley). im still debating weather to change electric to grass or fire, since grass pokemon give me a problem.

i have done lots of trial and error with this team and am happy the way it has come along, i still have yet to find the perfect lead, and am upset my win percentage isnt higher, the funny thing is there is probably 1 or 2 minor things im missing that will make this team a million times better, hopefully one of you can help me with that. thanks for reading please give me suggestions for improvement

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello.

For your team, I'm a bit concerned with DDMence. DDMence can come in after Tyranitar has pursuited something or has used superpower, and DD + Sweep your team late game. Swampert is in no way the most reliable option to this, especially considering you might be at a lower health late game, where most DDMence like to hide. Your lack of Dragon resists is quite notable, a general note to have when playing OU is to make sure you handle dragons decently, Specs Latias really pummels you even with Scarftar, as you have nothing to switch a Draco Meteor in without being absolutely pounded.

To take two birds out with one stone, perhaps you should try Lead Machamp, one of the most effective leads in the current metagame at the moment, and something that gives you both a lead and a dedicated physical hitter on the team. It pairs well with Machamp as Machamp really doesn't enjoy Heatran or Azelf, both of which your Tyranitar can cover to an extent. With Alakazam and Heracross out of the picture, you can consider running something to compensate for your dragon resist and rotom response, something like Sub CM Jirachi can help you pull off late game sweeps against teams, and gives you a pretty nice switch in for Latias to help you set up. Additionally, with your Vap's wish support, you can heal up Jirachi if you need to bring it in a bit. CM Jirachi works well here because you have Swampert and Vaporeon to deal with Tyranitar and Heatran respectively.

Machamp @ Lum
Adamant 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
DynamicPunch/Payback/Ice Punch / Bullet Punch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Timid @ 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Satk
Calm Mind / Psychic / Thunderbolt / Substitute

Machamp outspeeds most of the other Machamp. It beats up on slow leads like swampert, hippowdon and forretress, while it also threatens faster leads like Gliscor and Aerodactyl who usually can't do much to this lead. Jirachi can help you switch into dragon moves a bit easier and let you set up on them, Latias in particular takes quite a bit of punishment from this and is one of the best late game sweepers around.

Run max speed on your Mixmence, you dont need the extra bulk especially when you lose it with Life Orb, it's better to invest it in speed where you can at least speed tie with the base 100s.

Hope you do better, good luck with your team.

thanks alot of that tip plus, i think you addressed the two issues i kind of knew was wrong with the team, a decent lead and a good physical sweep, the one thing i did notice is that latias didnt give me as much as a problem as you would assume, even though your 100% right about him. as for salamence i did most of the time have to sacrifice swampert to take him out. machamp will make an excellent lead and great sweeper later on. jirachi is a good counter to mence and its nice to see a steel on the team. although many mences carry fireblast so it will be interesting to see how he plays out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)