Need help on an interesting EV spread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bred something unusual, and I need an EV spread it to take advantage of it's uniqueness xD

Poliwag!
Naughty @ Water Absorb
27/31/29/29/31/23
-Focus Punch
-Hypnosis
-Waterfall
-Ice Beam
Yup, you can bet your balls you're seeing this right: Smogon's first mixed Poliwrath! It's more of a novelty, but it can work! Credit goes to Akayfortseven for the quick analysis:
"Naughty Poliwrath is fine it needs its defence (which you arent lowering) to come in on quakes, some stone edges and dark attacks (physical obviously), you can still come in on water special attacks, and avoid electric and grass like you would anyway. Ice beam is better then ice punch against the dragons as it doesnt get affected by intimidate, or you could run a special water attack to fare better against steels like skarm etc. I would run ice beam though." The moveset listed above is quite easy to use: You use Hypnosis on whatever you switched in on, or on the pokemon your opponent is switching in. Then, once it's asleep, give em' Hell! Focus Punch on the probable switch to to the 'Cleric' or on the sleepin pkmn. Ice Beam helps take out those Dragons and doesn't force a switch when Salamence comes in since you can use Ice Beam with having your SpA lowered.

What do you guys think? We can also assume SR could knock off the flying dragons after an IB too...

Really, I would like to know how much Special Attack to squeeze in. ANy ideas?

I always presume speed is a necessity so i would pack 252 speed. Poliwrath has decent enough atk, end even more with bulk up. I suggest this move set.

Poliwrath @ focus sash
252 Spd 208 Sp.atk 50 Atk
Bulk Up
Water Fall
EQ
Ice Beam

Ice + Ground has great coverage. Waterfall is a STAB, and bulk up makes it tankier and more powerful.

Idk if Poliwrath could survive that long to get away with sweeping though. Even with 252 Speed on a neatral nature, mines only going to get 231 speed.

Just a thought on my half though. I want you to tell/prove me wrong ;)

I'm not sure. I use all my UU's/BL's with OU's and i study the OU metagame more. But from what i know the "fastest" UU's are purugly/dodrio/persian. His fighting type resists their STABs.

Wouldn't a Scarf work better? I don't know. Thats why i perfer my poli's as tanks rather than attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)