ORAS OU NEED HELP with my Medisweep squad

Hey guys,

I think I've come up with a pretty decent team this time around. My team is centric around mega Medicham, so I'm trying to cover up flying and fairy weaknesses. I've noticed that I may really need some fire strength (hence the Arcanine) but i'm not sure what to put in my final slot. I don't think Arcanine is my best option. I've fooled around with Latias and Hydregion, but I can't seem to make it click. Any ideas? (also, i don't want to use landorus)

with zeal,
Jolly-O

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

>Medicham is the center of this team due to his coverage options. I realize how strong the option for high jump kick is, but i've been burnt too many times to ignore the reliability of drain punch. Ice punch is obvious since Lando and Gliscor are everywhere. From here, I try to cover his weaknesses.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpD / 176 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Synthesis

>Behold my fairy wall! lol. But seriously, It's impressive how ridiculous this thing counters Clefable and Azumarill. There's nothing especially unique about this Amoonguss, but i do recognize its weaknesses like Zard X. Still, it's an obvious switch when clefable is on the field.

Klefki @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Torment

>I love running Klefki for this team. I major issue that Medicham has is his lack of true speed. Thunder Wave makes this entire team much more viable against the typical Dragon Dancers in OU. Of course, the ground types are really messing with klefki right now, so i'm up for putting something else instead of torment.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

>I'll admit, I think Suicune is the best water type in the meta right now (other than legendaries). This set prevents me from getting toxic, burned, etc. Also, its sheer bulk keeps me safe from almost everything in the tier besides chansey. But it works really well with the rest of the team and i've had matches saved by this beast.

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics (or brave bird with leftovers)
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Substitute

I'm surprised I don't see this talonflame set more often. In any case, if and when rocks aren't up the red bird is an excellent late game sweeper and i love to keep it in my back pocket. Obviously, rock types destroy Talonflame, so i often use klefki and medicham as a ready switch in when i see tyranitar or lando
Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp

>Arcanine is a fantastic wall for UU and OU... but it just doesn't work for this team in my opinion. I do feel that i need some kind of fire type attack but i don't think this is the answer, especially when i have so much ground and rock weakness already. I really need some help in this spot.

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey Jolly-O Fulmer, when I firstly saw this team, I thought that it might have had some cool potential to be a really good competitive team! So, I've decided to tweak it a bit in order to show you its true qualities.
  • At a first glance, what I've noticed were some problems with the EVs and traits, and, moreover, the absence of a reliable rocker, and a defogger, which are absolutely important in every respectable competitive team. I've really liked the idea of building a strong Bulky Offense around Mega Medicham which, is really good and seriously powerful in this meta, so, in order to begin with this rate, I'm starting the tweak with it. When I firstly saw Zen Headbutt, I thought that Mega Venusaur was a problem for your team since , usually, people tend to use this move to not be countered by threats like Venu. (Indeed, most of the time you'll use High Jump Kick, so, Zen Headbutt isn't that important. So, my first suggestion is to change Zen Headbutt with Thunder Punch. This move can be really useful for hitting mons like Slowbro or Mega Slowbro with a super-effective move. (If you think that you lack of a reliable Priority, you can always rune Bullet Punch over Thunder Punch, which might be even better in some cases for revenge killing Pokés like Diancie, Gardevoir or Weavile). Another option for this mon, is to run Adamant over Jolly, since, most of the times, your aim will be to do massive damage to the opponent's team, and not outspeed other mons. This change might be a double edged sword since the lack of priority, combined with the Adamant nature, is bad against threats like Gardevoir, which, could be really dangerous.
  • Talonflame is a nice support combined with Medicham since it functions really well as a Stallbreaker and late-game sweeper. Since Mega Medicham is a Pokémon that requires a lot of support, this mons seemed a nice member to add for this main core. I know that in yoir team you wrote that you felt like this set was really good and under used. In my opinion your right but in this metagame, I feel like Offensive Talonflame can work well only in dedicated teams, and, most of the times, only on pure Hyper Offensive teams (look at team number 7). What I'm now suggesting, is to change this set with the Special Defensive version. The access to Gale Wings can help a lot, and his speed with the access of WoW can help it to cripple many physical attackers. The EVs spread is simple. 64 in Speed is here to make it outrun base 80/85/88 (Exca), and burn them with WoW. The rest of the EVs is on HP and Sp.Def. Bulk Up is there to make Talon a nice late-game sweeper condition and a great member that can finish a previously damaged team without priorities. If you feel the lack of power you can also change Bulk Up with Swords Dance, but I thought that it would have been nice to have some physical defensive boosts to make it even more solid.
  • Amoonguss seemed a great partner to this main core, since, thanks to his fantastic ability and great bulk, it can easily check threats like Keldeo or Azumarill and Slowbro, all of which, were looking really scary right now. What I've noticed in your build, was the problem with the EVs spread since you gave it many Sp.Atk EVs which are almost useless. What I'm suggesting you to change is your EVs spread: I've thought that 248 HP / 108 Def. / 144 Sp.Def / 8 Spe. with a Bold nature over Modest, was the best combination. 144 EVs in Special Defense with a Bold Nature can be used to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice with Stealth Rocks up on your field. (Thundurus was pretty scary, this spreads can help you to check it and put it to sleep with Spore. Last change on this Mon is Hidden Power Fire over Synthesis: with this change, Scizor can't use this mon as a set-up fodder, and you can damage Ferrothorns and Skarmories. That 8 EVs in Speed hide a funny story behind: I almost got swept by a Calm Mind Slowbro, and with that simple change, I could have outspeeded it and blocked with Clear Smog.
Now, I am starting with the real changes:
  • ->
    The first thing I've said (and noticed), was the absence of the rocker and hazard removal. Since the team was also fearing threats like Offensive Fairies, Fast Electrics, Choiced Tyranitar and Latwins, I've decided to change your Klefki and Arcanine with a solid Sand Offense duo, which is formed in this case by Sand Rush Life Orb Adamant Excadrill and Specially Defensive Hippodown. The first, not only works as a reliable Spinner in this meta, but also provides a lot of power and another reliable win condition. Hippodown is there to check threats like Manectric, Raikou, Diancie and Gardevoir, and will be your rocker in this team. Excadrill was now the perfect partner since it can take advantage of the presence of Hippo's Sand and can hit really hard with the combination of Swords Dance, Life Orb and Adamant Nature. In this case the spread aren't that difficult, since, in both cases, it's a 252 / 252.
  • ->
    We are now approaching the end of this rate. Since the main idea of creating a Fire / Water / Grass core (Talonflame, Suicune, Amoonguss), was really cool in my opinion, I thought that Rotom would have been a better option over Suicune, since Medicham really appreciates Rotom's job of pivoting. It is also a nice check thanks to its primary STAB (Hydro Pump) to threats like Landorus which, otherwise, looks very scary, and others Sand Rush abuser like opponent's Excadrill. Volt Switch is Rotom-W's Electric STAB move that allows it to regain momentum after pivoting into a threat: Medicham really appreciates this job, as it can give it free entries for damaging opponent's team.
For this rate, that is all! These were the changes in short:

: change Moveset and Nature.
: Replace it with Hippodown.
: Replace it with Excadrill.
: Replace it with Rotom-W.

Medicham-Mega (M) @ Medichamite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Talonflame (F)
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Amoonguss (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 144 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Excadrill (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Also, this was my first rate ever! Hope you like it, and hope you will enjoy this new version with my changes! So, since it's my first time, I would like to give shoutouts to Eutychios, looiiyut and _Astral_, all of which helped me a lot!:toast:

P.S. Since I've noticed that you like HO, I've created another version of this team with Medicham and Offensive Talonflame, this is the team!

Medicham-Mega (M) @ Medichamite
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Thunder Punch

Talonflame (F) @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Garchomp (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Big threats are in red.
Small threats are in orange.
Changes are in green.

Last edited:
HMNIP,

Thanks for the rate and review. I've been wanting to run adamant medicham this whole time, so the confirmation from you was helpful :) Also, i'm definitely fixing up the amoonguss. I prefer running him as a wall anyway, so i'm not sure why i was using him modestly. I'm looking forward to using excadrill and hippowdon on this team! nothing like a big fat tank to help out the defenses lol. I really like suicune so i'm gonna try to keep it, but Rotom W will stay in my back pocket if it's not working. Thanks a ton!!

Jolly-O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)