Need Help With My OU Team. :/

This is my team for WIFI battles. I don't have much experiance after returning to the battle scene 3 years since D/P/P HG/SS first came out, and things have changed tons. I found my old team, Yanmega/Tangrowth/Blissey/Skarmory/Rhyperior/Gengar had become obsolete, so I've made a new team. It's not working so well, so can you please help me fix some things?

Overview:

Starmie@Choice Scarf
Timid
252 SP. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Surf
Trick
ThunderBolt
Rapid Spin

My lead. Formally Honchkrow, I found Starmie worked much better with my team. Trick an opposing lead into using Stealth Rock, or TBolt or Surf them to death. After tricking the choice scarf I can come in later and rapid spin, thanks to Starmie's very slight bulkiness and natural cure.

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold
252 Def, 252 HP, 6 Sp. Def

Aromatherapy
Flamethrower
Softboiled
Thunder Wave

You saw it coming. My special wall, THE best special wall in the game. Also functions as a cleric with Aromatherapy. When faced with Heatran I usually switch to Gengar to absorb an explosion.

Skarmory@Shed Shell
Impish
252 Def, 252 Atk, 252 HP

Roost
Roar
Drill Peck
Stealth Rock

Skarmory successfully walls all physical attackers bar bulkygara. Considering replacing roar with taunt, as 1/2 I roar them into a Heatran or something, forcing a switch while they attack/explode/setup sub or torment. Very solid physical wall, however.

Metagross@Lum Berry
Adamant
248 HP, 236 Atk, 24 Spd

Explosion
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Stealth Rock

Reccomended by Piccolo. I haven't tested him yet, but people have been saying he works very well with the rest of my team.

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk, 6 HP

Dragon Claw
Earthquake
U-Turn
Fire Blast

Revenge killer. Skarmory is a real retard to this pokemon, so I added fire blast for her and forretress. Outrage over dragon claw because it was the only way to get a solid 0HKO on Salamence [EDIT: Now that Salamence is banned, I replaced Outrage with Dragon Claw.]. Otherwise he can't really do much more.

Jolteon@Choice Specs
Timid
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Thunderbolt
HP[Ice]
Baton Pass
Shadow Ball

Wow, just wow. This thing is a beast. HP[Grass] for Swampert, thunderbolt for beast STAB, baton pass for scouting, and shadow ball for Rotom-A and Gengar. This Pokemon works very well with the rest of the team!

First off your skamory's evs are illegal. Also for skarmory Whirlwind>Roar (and you definitely want spikes, even if you don't have stealth rock). Jolteon does better than raikou with the specs set. You have a big ice weakness. Skarmbliss has an inferape weakness I suggest a swampert/starmie lead. you want to run enough speed evs on flygon to reach at least to 264 to out pace jolteon and friends.

First off your skamory's evs are illegal. Also for skarmory Whirlwind>Roar (and you definitely want spikes, even if you don't have stealth rock). Jolteon does better than raikou with the specs set. You have a big ice weakness. Skarmbliss has an inferape weakness I suggest a swampert/starmie lead. you want to run enough speed evs on flygon to reach at least to 264 to out pace jolteon and friends.
Thanks for the feedback. Do to breeding troubles, I had to opt for roar. The few soundproof Pokemon are all nu from I think, So that shouldn't be an issue. And how is 2 ice weaknesses "big?" :/ I'll try starmie. :toast:

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
You said you think your lead needs changing and I couldn't agree more. If an anti lead is what you want I recommend you use Machamp da boss

Machamp@Lum Berry
Adamant
No Guard
240 HP, 252 Atk, 16 Sp.Def, 4 Spe(you may want to put more speed to win speed ties)

DynamicPunch
Bullet Punch
Payback
Stone Edge/Ice Punch

You said you think your lead needs changing and I couldn't agree more. If an anti lead is what you want I recommend you use Machamp da boss

Machamp@Lum Berry
Adamant
No Guard
240 HP, 252 Atk, 16 Sp.Def, 4 Spe(you may want to put more speed to win speed ties)

DynamicPunch
Bullet Punch
Payback
Stone Edge/Ice Punch

I may try him, but Starmie is working well as a tricker, lead, and rapid spinner.

I too find that Gengar does not seem to fit this team, especially because you do have Choice Specs Jolteon. Try this lead Metagross holding Lum Berry to work in tandem with your lead Starmie (as suggested by this article) over the lackluster Gengar. I actually tried MetaStar myself and I have to say it does work pretty well. :)

I imagine Metagross to fit quite nicely here because its Fire-type weakness is covered by Blissey and Flygon, with the latter of the two being able to take on Infernape. Of course, Skarmory and Flygon negate any attempts for Earthquake aimed for Metagross.

you probably already know this, but there is no difference between 4 and 6 EVs.

with your flygon at 252Atk/252SpA/4HP it only reaches 354 Speed, which would be outsped by Starmie, Weavile, and standard Choice Scarf Flygons which have approximately 400 speed. I would suggest changing the EVs to a physical based spread: 252Atk/252Spe/ and either 4 SpD or 4SpA.

An opposing life orb jolteon with HP Ice would pose a threat to this team outspeeding all pokes bar starmie and can do some big damage on most of ur team bar jolteon and blissey. since ur team is already fairly fast, thunder wave may seem a bit redundant. I would consider changing it with Toxic, simply to stall out pokemon like Jolteon.

I see some usage to aromatherapy on ur team, but with rapid spin and 2 Status absorbers, aromatherapy may not be as useful as protect-wishing on blissey. ur team will be doing a lot of switching do to the 3/6 choice items, so wish passing to restore HP from the stealth rocks or switch in dmg, may be beneficial.

I too find that Gengar does not seem to fit this team, especially because you do have Choice Specs Jolteon. Try this lead Metagross holding Lum Berry to work in tandem with your lead Starmie (as suggested by this article) over the lackluster Gengar. I actually tried MetaStar myself and I have to say it does work pretty well. :)

I imagine Metagross to fit quite nicely here because its Fire-type weakness is covered by Blissey and Flygon, with the latter of the two being able to take on Infernape. Of course, Skarmory and Flygon negate any attempts for Earthquake aimed for Metagross.
I thought I was just using him badly, but your making sense. I was try replacing Gengar with him. :) Most of the time he does pathetic damage and I have to resort to exploding. Plus, Metagross is x10 easier to switch in. :)
Thanks!

you probably already know this, but there is no difference between 4 and 6 EVs.

with your flygon at 252Atk/252SpA/4HP it only reaches 354 Speed, which would be outsped by Starmie, Weavile, and standard Choice Scarf Flygons which have approximately 400 speed. I would suggest changing the EVs to a physical based spread: 252Atk/252Spe/ and either 4 SpD or 4SpA.

An opposing life orb jolteon with HP Ice would pose a threat to this team outspeeding all pokes bar starmie and can do some big damage on most of ur team bar jolteon and blissey. since ur team is already fairly fast, thunder wave may seem a bit redundant. I would consider changing it with Toxic, simply to stall out pokemon like Jolteon.

I see some usage to aromatherapy on ur team, but with rapid spin and 2 Status absorbers, aromatherapy may not be as useful as protect-wishing on blissey. ur team will be doing a lot of switching do to the 3/6 choice items, so wish passing to restore HP from the stealth rocks or switch in dmg, may be beneficial.
I replaced TWave with Toxic, and I replaced Flamethrower with Ice Beam to at least be able to touch Heatran. Wish+Protect would be nice, but I'm playing WIFI and wish was event-only. :/

now that some changes were made... Since Metagross and Skarmory both have Stealth rock, I recommend switching Skarmory's Stealth rock to Spikes. I don't think skarmory should hav 252EVs in Atk, since it'll probably use a majority of it's time to set up the spikes and whirlwind things.

Replacing Gengar with metagross means one less poke to take an EQ but thas kewl since you only have 1 poke weak against ground. I feel like the team is lacking a Scarfed Heatran Counter, which the only 2 possible pokes to counter it on this team would be starmie and Flygon, where you should hope that they use fire blast,earth power, or overheat intstead of HP Ice or explosion. Otherwise, just predict well and it shouldn't be tooo much of a trouble, crippling it with the TWave would be nice.

THIS IS TERRIBLE ADVICE, but you could always PokeSAV the Event-Only Blissey -_-;

I think you should replace either jolteon or flygon as both work mainly as revenge killers (even when Jolt has specs, I almost always find it as a revenger).
To replace one of them either infernape or gengar fits nicely.
Sorry for the short rate, i cant think much right now lol

well, you do have 3 pokemon with a choice item, this means that half (3/6) the time you will have to switch out as a counter will likley come in. also, two pokemon have SR. this is not necessary even if you take the 'just in case' view. you lose one valuable move slot. gross and skarm seem to do similar things, set up SR, and shuffle (metagross with type coverage and explosion, skarm with roar). change one of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)