Neil Patrick Harris Dedication - Let's Get HIGH! - OU RMT.

Team High Flyers
Well, so the 2 Harold and Kumar video's being my favorites, and Neil Patrick Harris (NPH) being my idol, I thought I'd dedicate my team towards him and his greatness. Honestly, I think I'm going to be getting a NPH tattoo once I turn 18. Anyways, the idea of this team is to paralyze whatever can be paralyzed early on (Only 1/2 the Pokemon will usually be paralyzed) and then ultimatley set up for a Raikou Sweep. Changes will be in this color.

OVERVIEW

Flyin' High (Togekiss) @ Lum Berry
Nature: Modest
Ability: Serene Grace
EV's: 200 HP | 176 SpA | 136 Spe

~ ThunderWave
~ Air Slash
~ Aura Sphere
~ Roost

My lead, starts off by paralyzing the opponent. This way, even if he dies, it is not in vain. From there he usually attacks with Air Slash, making the opponent flinch 60% of the time. Not to mention, if they don't flinch, ThunderWave is still there to stop them, giving them a mere 30% chance to attack. A nightmare for another pokemon. I'm very confused about my EV spread, so help on that would be appreciated. I just don't want it to be sluggish.

Crystal Meth (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP | 252 Def | 6 SpA

~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

The Rest Talk Suicune is a formidable threat, walling several pokemon and able to rest off damage taken in the process. Capable of taking plenty of hits while retalliating with decent attacking stats. Occasionaly, if I cannot BP a Rock Polish to Raikou, I will pass it to Suicune and it spells demise when there is a Fast walling and stalling pokemon on the field.

Shrooms (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 HP | 220 Def | 38 Spe

~ Leech Seed
~ Recover
~ ThunderWave
~ Grass Knot

Ooh! More ThunderWave :naughty:, makes for more fun. Leech Seeding always is fun, and Grass Knot takes down a lot of threats to my team, (Bulky Waters In General). Although Celebi can only withstand a hit or two (or three), he is always able to recover it from Leech Seed and Recover (Duh), which proves helpful.

Speed (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sand Veil
EV's: 252 Atk | 252 Spe|6 HP

~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Fire Fang

A threat to any team, Garchomp. This Garchomp is mainly used for revenge killing, and the Scarf gets me to 454 Speed. I normally have Suicune "scout" opposing Gengars, and if not Scarfed, I always use Garchomp or Raikou. Assuming the Raikou set-up fails, Garchomp is always a reliable back up, and proves as a very consistent pokemon.

Smokin' Da Herb (Gliscor) @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Veil
EV's: 252 HP | 252 Spe | 6 Atk

~ Rock Polish
~ Substitute
~ Earthquake
~ Baton Pass (My Bad?)

The main use of this Gliscor is to BP Rock Polish primarily, and sub's secondarily. I have Sand Veil over Hyper Cutter because I don't BP to Garchomp, and the Sand Veil gives me an evasion boost, allowing for better odds of getting my Subs up if the opponent starts a Sandstorm.

LSD (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Nature: Naive
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 Spe | 252 SpA | 6 SpD

~ ThunderBolt
~ HiddenPower (ICE)
~ Calm Mind
~ Shadow Ball

Raikou normally cleans up the late game mess once the threats are taken care of. I don't use Substitute because I rely on Gliscor to pass that. Shadow Ball is a nasty surprise for Gengars. I don't know what item to carry however, Leftovers always works, but should I use something to boost the damage from the moves Raikou uses, like Wise Glasses or a Life Orb?

I want to end this on the note that I am not retarded and realize that I have a damn large Ice Weakness. If anyone has any ideas about alternative pokemon without said weakness while still maintaining the basic concept of this team, those comments while be highly appreciated.

I prefer this set for Celebi:

Celebi@Leftovers
Timid nature

Leech Seed
Grass Knot
Recover
U-Turn

EVs: 252 SP atk / 200 Def / 56 Sp Def

You could use thunder Wave over U-Turn is you wanted to. And its true you lose some Def but with a timid nature you can put those EVs in SP Def and take some special hits as well then heal off the damage with recover. Its quite effective. Sp ATk EVs means you will do alot more damage.

Your team seems very redundant. You do not need to para and pass speed. I suggest running Standard SD Chomp over Scarf. Suicue wont threaten any pokemon it cant hit for SE. Therefore, Gyarados can get an easy setup on it. If Celebi falls Gyarados can put a huge dent in all your other pokemon. I'll coment more later if needed, but I wish you luck resolving your team issues.

Also you have a big weakness to two common threats in OU and that's ScarfTran and Mamoswine. The best you can to Heatran is revenge kill it with Chomp or try to out-predict it and switch to Suicune which dosent like Explosion. Now with Mamoswine that's an even bigger problem. The only thing you can do is switch in Suicune and after that's gone, It's party time for Mamo.

The best you can do to help this without drastically changing your team is to switch Suicune for a Swampert. Something like this

Swampert@ Leftovers
Impish nature
252 Hp/ 4 Atk/ 252 Def
-Avalanche
-Earthquake
-Water Fall
-Stone Edge

Bam! Problem fixed. The move set is to help with your teams threats. Earthquake handles Mamoswine and Heatran, Stone edge helps take down Gyarados which is a big threat to your team after a DD. Pretty standard but effective.

You could always try a Jirachi over Celebi. Something like this:

Jirachi@Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EV's: 212 HP, 46 Att, 76 Def, 176 Spe
Narure: Bold
~Wish
~Zen Headbutt
~U-Turn
~Body Slam

And ta-da! A wishpasser. And Paraflinchhax on all types!

Jirachi just adds another Pokemon weak to both Mamoswine and Heatran. I'm just putting it out there.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
There's no real reason to use Shadow Ball on Raikou. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball both fail to OHKO Gengar without a Calm Mind, and both are guaranteed to OHKO with a Calm Mind. There's no reason to use Naive over Timid either. Gliscor really doesn't need Jolly nature and maximum Speed EVs, which really takes away from its ability to wall. Impish with 148 Speed EVs and the rest in Defense lets it outrun maximum Speed Timid Choice Scarf Gengar after a Rock Polish, which is the fastest thing you should see in OU.

Since you have a 4x Ice weakness, maybe replace Gliscor with Bronzong? It would take care of your Mamo weakness, however, you still have a 3x Ice weakness, so the previous suggestion of Jirachi could help you out. Reason for this is that your team isn't really slow, so BP RP may not be needed, but that's your own choice. The standard set for Bronzong should be enough:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature

-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Hypnosis

If your a fan of paralysis, then you may not want Hypnosis, so another move could go there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)