New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Fat wildfire393
Heck, even without taking accuracy into account, a LO-Boosted Surf/Tbolt/Blizzard has higher base power than a unboosted Pump/Thunder/Blizzard. This means you're sacrificing both power and accuracy to use an item that doesn't take away HP so you can use Sub more easily.
Then you say that you need wish support to make it good, when Starmie already has access to Recover...
With LO boost, it would just be another LO attacker that competitive battling can sigh at. And trust me, the HP loss from LO is a lot more hazardous that people take into account.

Anyways, the purpose is to provide decent attacking behind the cover of a Sub. Starmie's bulk and potential to set up multiple substitutes is hindered by a Life Orb.

One can also take into account the fact that the attacker has a nice chance to hit em' with paralysis/freeze them.

So yeah, some people can argue for one side, some for another, but I just wanted to pull a moveset from thin air, successfully use it on Shoddy, and be able to share it with my dear, dear friends on Smogon. (flashes unnecessary smile and thumbs-up)

Set Name:Mag Mew
Mew@Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability:Synchronize
Timid Nature
EVs:252 HP/252 Spe/4 SpD
-Baton Pass
-Magnet Rise
-Nasty Plot
-Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt

This is my first posting here everyone!
This set is designed to run with an ubers set of Bronzong I'll post here shortly,one tht runs fireproof in a "gotcha" sort of way...
Anyway,the idea is pretty simple:Rise,then pass or Plot/Attack depeding on the situation.Mew gets this job because he's one of the elect Magnet Rise-passers around.
The fourth move is really preference,allowing you to run any special attack,but these three( along with shadow ball) comprise the more..effective.. moves against ubers.You've got Ice beam for those pesky dragons(GChomp,Mence,etc),T-bolt for Kyogre and smartasses like 'im, and Flamethrower for Scizors, Metagrosses,and other 'Zongs.

i'm jst getting used to inventing teams,so criticism is welcomed if not asked for.
Hammer,me nail!

Set Name:Mag Mew
Mew@Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability:Synchronize
Timid Nature
EVs:252 HP/252 Spe/4 SpD
-Baton Pass
-Magnet Rise
-Nasty Plot
-Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt

This is my first posting here everyone!
This set is designed to run with an ubers set of Bronzong I'll post here shortly,one tht runs fireproof in a "gotcha" sort of way...
Anyway,the idea is pretty simple:Rise,then pass or Plot/Attack depeding on the situation.Mew gets this job because he's one of the elect Magnet Rise-passers around.
The fourth move is really preference,allowing you to run any special attack,but these three( along with shadow ball) comprise the more..effective.. moves against ubers.You've got Ice beam for those pesky dragons(GChomp,Mence,etc),T-bolt for Kyogre and smartasses like 'im, and Flamethrower for Scizors, Metagrosses,and other 'Zongs.

i'm jst getting used to inventing teams,so criticism is welcomed if not asked for.
Hammer,me nail!
Baton Passing Magnet Rise doesn't seem worth it to me since Magnet Rise only lasts five turns. This makes it so Bronzong is only protected for four turns.

Baton Passing Magnet Rise doesn't seem worth it to me since Magnet Rise only lasts five turns. This makes it so Bronzong is only protected for four turns.
True, but the trick is usable multiple times,and the bronzong gets in their and has no weaknesses.Hes then free to set up and play around for four turns,and then flee for a repeat.
Its a hard set,but I've managed my fair share of wins with it,and I thought I'd let you guys know.

Rizong
Bronzong@leftovers
Ability:Heatproof
Nature:Hasty(+ Spe,- Def)
Evs:252 HP/4 SpD/252 SpAtk
-Psychic/Shadow Ball/Signal Beam
-Psychic/Shadow Ball/Signal Beam
-Hypnosis
-Explosion/Stealth Rocks

An uber sweep bronzong to go along with MagMew.Doesn't hit particularly hard,but is sure to surprise more than one person.I've been running it myself,and no one sees it coming.The 2 Special attacks are for STAB and coverage,with Shadow ball hitting ghost/Psychic and SigBeam hitting Psychics/Grass.And we round out with explosion.

~If one wanted to,an alternative Support set could be run with
Ev's: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Atk
Nature:Timid
-Stealth rocks
-Light Screen/Reflect/Gyro Ball/Earthquake
-Hypnosis
-Explosion

This set is meant to SR, Screen/'Flect,Piss someone off with Hypnosis,then explode.Alternately,it could Gyro Ball(0 Speed Ivs) or Quake,but the lack of viable Quake-susceptible pokemon in ubers(T-Tar,Metagross,Neurtal to scizor,and any other retarded rock/steel/Electric dumb enough to stay in.)
BEWARE:If someone catches on to 'Zongs Fireproof,the game is up.Attempt to pass a Nasty Plot along with Rise from MagMew so as not to give it away.
*Groudon,Heatran,Fire Blast Salamence,and a few others won't like their flames not killing Bronzong.

thier somewhat gimmicky sets,and once the opponent catches on,the jig is up.However,they've worked fairly well so far.They're not "Catcha-Alls" by any means:There re holes all over the place.But with adequate prediction and team support,they've managed to play well enough for mention.In my opinion.

Maybe try to keep your posts 1 at a time :P

I really thing that it is a waste of a Mew, because it can do so much more than that. Even with no weaknesses your Bronzong is likely to be taken out by the high powered offence of the Uber metagame, just my 2 cents.

With SpecsOgre up and about, I really don't think that chain(Mew --> Bronzong) is viable. Mew is the best baton passer in the game for several reasons, none of which include passing Magnet Rise. Hell, I think Jolteon is better suited for that, atleast you can threaten Kyogre, then pass to Bronzong.

gengar@petaya berry
252speed 252atk hasty/mild
sub
focus punch
explosion
shadow ball

use sub as they switch out. charge a focus punch it'll kill their t-tar and or blissey. keep reapeating until the berry activates then use shadow ball then use explosion. this set 88% guarantees at least 2 kills. it deals with a lot of main threats to gengar; scizor, tyranitar, metagross, heatran, lucario, and other gengar.

gengar@life orb
252speed 252sp.atk mild
icy wind
thunderbolt
focus punch
shadow ball/explosion/sludge bomb

icy wind 90% of the time OHKO's salamence, flygon, and dragonite. thunderbolt creates bolt beam coverage, focus punch puts a smackdown on blissey then the last slot is up to your needs, explosion provides a final suicide, shadow ball is good stab, and sludge bomb is just plain scary against anything but steel types.

gengar@life orb
252speed 252sp.atk mild
icy wind
thunderbolt
hp fire
focus punch/focus blast

revision of the last set this has 100% unresisted coverage.

That's incredibly specific. Would you mind clarifying how you came to this conclusion? I'm also intrigued as to how your set beats Scizor and Metagross.
I laughed at that too, but now looking at it I think it might be a joke so dont take it seriously.

I dont think it can ever beat those two pokes considering it only does ~30% TO 0/0 SCIZOR with focus punch and ~23% to metagross, while they can set up on you and OHKO.

with sub petaya a focus punch then a shadow ball hits hard also if stealth rocks is up. and the 88% is just a joke and i thought this was just for ideas not to 100% standardize. a petaya boosted shadow ball does 258 points of damage ikeep my sub up kill him the next turn they switch in blissey i explode i got two kills

scenario two: they switch in my focus punch deals 100.73 points of damage
shadow ball deals 172.95 they kill sub then i kill them with a shadow ball.

ok it doesent counter scizor but it kills: T-tar metagross heatran lucario blissey and gengar.
Does it need to do more?

if your team is standard i can look up your team member on smogon then look at the shoddy statistics to see what set you are running.

How does it kill Metagross? 'Gross can easily survive a FP and I think a boosted Shadow Ball. It has a priority move to kill you once it breaks your sub anyway. I like the other sets though, but Icy Wind just doesn't seem worth it IMO, just use Weavile or some other Ice guy.

i calculated the damage with stealth rocks up he will get hit by Fp then by a shadow ball then by another, and most gross that ive faced do not pack bp

gengar@petaya berry
252speed 252atk hasty/mild
sub
focus punch
explosion
shadow ball

use sub as they switch out. charge a focus punch it'll kill their t-tar and or blissey. keep reapeating until the berry activates then use shadow ball then use explosion. this set 88% guarantees at least 2 kills. it deals with a lot of main threats to gengar; scizor, tyranitar, metagross, heatran, lucario, and other gengar.
I've personally used a set almost identical to this set: only with 100 Atk EV's and E-Belt. With your EV's, Gengar can't even 2HKO blissey, and I think T-Tar will survive a F-Punch. Remember that Gengar has only 65 attack...

Gengar can't beat Metagross with 2 S-Balls if Metagross is at full health (espesiallty if it has B-Punch), and heatran has a slim chance to survive a F-Punch + S-Ball (and an even bigger chance, if not always, with your spread..). Scizor is pretty much like Metagross, just that Scizor threatens a Pursuit and always has B-Punch. And why would anyone switch a Lucario into a Gengar?

If you want to use this set that much, try the set in the analysis for a better version:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/gengar

i did the calcs meta on avarage will die from 2 s balls and one f-p when petaya boosted, its a counter to some main threats

oh and stop standardizing and asking me to use the analasys this is for new and creative movesets not to overide the with the common ones.

i did the calcs meta on avarage will die from 2 s balls and one f-p when petaya boosted, its a counter to some main threats

oh and stop standardizing and asking me to use the analasys this is for new and creative movesets not to overide the with the common ones.
There is no point to this thread if all that is posted is watered down and poorly thought out versions of sets that already exist and are recognized.

Well, here's my first attempt at a lead. Its not on smogon's page, so I'm assuming its not made yet. Well, here goes:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 Hp / 116 Def / 28 Sp A / 112 Sp D
Moves:

• Encore
  • Earthquake
  • Hydro Pump
  • Ice Beam / HP Grass / Haze / Yawn
EDIT: I'm gonna work on the EV spread again, since he doesn't actually learn Hydro Pump, sorry.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Moves:
  • Encore
  • Earthquake
  • Hydro Pump
  • Ice Beam / HP Grass / Haze Have you thought about Yawn, to force switches?

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Moves:

• Encore
  • Earthquake
  • Hydro Pump
...Oh, I forgot about that. lol

Thanks. I'll edit my earlier post.

Name: Double Status + Sub
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Will-o-wisp
Move 3: Hydro Pump
Move 4: Discharge
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe

This is a Rotom I use on the team I have at the moment and to great success. When Rotom-W is in on something like a Metagross or Gyarados, you can predict the switch and use Substitute; if you're up against a Blissey or Breloom (outpaces 212 speed adamant ones), Substitute can be used to block any status.

Pretty straightforward, actually.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Moves:
  • Encore
  • Earthquake
  • Hydro Pump
Encore + yawn is annoying as fuck. Looks like a great creative set

In Ubers, It'd be funny to run Water Absorb on that Quagsire and Encore Kyogre's Water Spout. =)

Even in OU, that looks effective. However, how does it fare against other popular Pokemon?

Well, here's my first attempt at a lead. Its not on smogon's page, so I'm assuming its not made yet. Well, here goes:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Moves:
  • Encore
  • Earthquake
  • Hydro Pump
  • Ice Beam / HP Grass / Haze / Yawn
First of all, I would like to complain why Quagsire doesn't get Stealth Rock. Now that's been dealt with, here's some in depth stuff.

I'm actually really sad that Quag doesn't have SR. That makes this set complete. But even though I don't have SR, this things pretty beast on its own. Encore is the most important thing on this set. This usually forces a switch, and locks the for into the wrong move, giving you a free turn to set up with another sweeper. You can also bring Quag later if you need to stop some set ups. Earthquake is Quagsire's STAB move, and 2HKOs JIrachi and 3HKOs Metagross. Hydro Pump is necessary to 2HKO Hippowdon. While the last slot is fillers to substitute for SR. Ice Beam hits salamence and co. HP Grass hits other pert leads, while Haze can be imrotant to negate the stat-ups from the likes of CM Cune and CurseLax. Yawn can help in forcing switches too. Damp is actually an intersting ability since it prevents Metagross, Heatran and Azelf from Blowing up.

Maxing out HP is improtant. 28 Sp A lets you 2HKO Hippowdon 99.70% of the time. 112 Sp D prevents Azelf from 2HKOing you with Psychic. Even Heatran's EarthPower is a 4HKO. Metagross can't hit you with EQ, since it 4HKOs. 56 Def EVs is enough, but it became 116 because of EV leftovers. More Def EVs lets you take more hits too.

~~~~~

Thoughts? ._.
Nice, original set. And not toooo gimmicky and relying on surprise and luck like other sets I've seen here. I think Quaggy deserves Stealth Rock as well..don't see why it doesn't get it as Swampert does...oh well. I may test this someday :!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)