New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon Dancing Smeargle isn't actually a half-bad idea, especially for sweepers that need that Speed. This log is definitely biased, but it worked.

Code:
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
rano30 sent out Yanmega (lvl 100 Yanmega ?).
BeaverTest sent out Smeargle (lvl 100 Smeargle ?).
SM-test has entered the room.
Yanmega used Protect.
Yanmega protected itself!
Smeargle used Substitute.
Smeargle lost 25% of its health.
Smeargle made a substitute!
Yanmega's Speed Boost raised its speed!
---
Yanmega used Bug Buzz.
A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Smeargle!
Smeargle's substitute faded!
Smeargle used Spore.
Yanmega fell asleep!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
Smeargle used Dragon Dance.
Smeargle's attack was raised.
Smeargle's speed was raised.
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
---
Yanmega woke up!
Yanmega used Bug Buzz.
A critical hit!
Smeargle used Spore.
Yanmega fell asleep!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
Yanmega's speed won't go higher!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
Smeargle used Baton Pass.
BeaverTest switched in Bibarel (lvl 100 Bibarel ?).
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
Bibarel used Return.
Yanmega lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Yanmega fainted.
Bibarel lost 10% of its health.
---
rano30 switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Bibarel used Waterfall.
Skarmory lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Skarmory fainted.
---
rano30 switched in Azelf (lvl 100 Azelf).
Bibarel used Waterfall.
Azelf lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Azelf fainted.
---
rano30 switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Bibarel used Return.
Starmie lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Starmie fainted.
---
rano30 switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Bibarel used Return.
Blissey lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Blissey fainted.
---
rano30 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
It's not very effective...
The substitute took damage for Bibarel!
Bibarel's substitute faded!
Bibarel used Waterfall.
Scizor lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Scizor fainted.
BeaverTest wins!
What I did here was set up Substitutes, Spore accordingly to keep my foe asleep, get some Dragon Dances up, Baton Pass, and sweep. However, for things that have the bulk and need the extra power quickly, Belly Pass obviously outclasses this.

Dragon Dancing Smeargle isn't actually a half-bad idea, especially for sweepers that need that Speed. This log is definitely biased, but it worked.

Code:
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
rano30 sent out Yanmega (lvl 100 Yanmega ?).
BeaverTest sent out Smeargle (lvl 100 Smeargle ?).
SM-test has entered the room.
Yanmega used Protect.
Yanmega protected itself!
---
Yanmega used Bug Buzz.
A critical hit!
Smeargle used Spore.
Yanmega fell asleep!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
---
Yanmega woke up!
Yanmega used Bug Buzz.
A critical hit!
Smeargle used Spore.
Yanmega fell asleep!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
Smeargle used Baton Pass.
BeaverTest switched in Bibarel (lvl 100 Bibarel ?).
---
Yanmega is fast asleep!
Bibarel used Return.
Yanmega lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Yanmega fainted.
---
rano30 switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Bibarel used Waterfall.
Skarmory lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Skarmory fainted.
---
rano30 switched in Azelf (lvl 100 Azelf).
Bibarel used Waterfall.
Azelf lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Azelf fainted.
---
rano30 switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Bibarel used Return.
Starmie lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Starmie fainted.
---
rano30 switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Bibarel used Return.
Blissey lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Blissey fainted.
---
rano30 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
It's not very effective...
The substitute took damage for Bibarel!
Bibarel's substitute faded!
Bibarel used Waterfall.
Scizor lost 100% of its health.
rano30's Scizor fainted.
BeaverTest wins!
What I did here was set up Substitutes, Spore accordingly to keep my foe asleep, get some Dragon Dances up, Baton Pass, and sweep. However, for things that have the bulk and need the extra power quickly, Belly Pass obviously outclasses this.
Your opponent stayed in and let you set up. Anything can work if your opponent plays poorly enough.

The match should've went something like;

Turn 1:
Yanmega Protect
Smeargle Sub

Turn 2:
Yanmega Bug Buzz
Sub Breaks
Smeargle Spore

Turn 3:
Yanmega switches to Scizor
Smeargle Subs

Turn 4:
Scizor Bullet Punches
Sub Breaks
Smeargle DDs / passes nothing / or begins a process of subbing himself to death.

Okay, but if you say belly pass Smeargle is more efficient, then how does it respond any better to the same scenario you described?

I would actually use Sacred Fire over Earthquake- Scizor would switch into that so often. Should OHKO and even if it doesn't, the 50% burn rate would screw it over.

Also I'm sad that nobody's commented on my Yanmega set. =P
It's really good...

I would actually use Sacred Fire over Earthquake- Scizor would switch into that so often. Should OHKO and even if it doesn't, the 50% burn rate would screw it over.

Also I'm sad that nobody's commented on my Yanmega set. =P
It's really good...
No one commented on your Yanmega set because it is neither new nor creative. If you look at the analysis, there is a Tinted Lens special sweeper set that is almost identical to yours, only Hypnosis or U-Turn over Toxic. It lists Specs as the item of choice, but it also says that if you want to maintain the speed that Speed Boost would afford you without sacrificing the power that Tinted Lens gives you, you can run Scarf instead. That set with Scarf is effectively your set, as the fourth option is filler no matter what you put there.

Oh, didn't see that. Sucks.

I actually came up with that myself as a CS Venomoth lead v2. CS Venomoth being another of my own sets that I've used a lot, and which I've only ever seen mentioned by OmegaDonut a couple of times (iirc he uses a CS Venomoth lead sometimes, too). Yanmega sets are nearly all the same I guess, anyway. Bug Buzz/Air Slash/HP Ground/filler on all the useable ones. At least it works though, unlike half the stuff that gets posted here.

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stall
EVs: 172 HP / 80 Atk / 132 Def / 124 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Recover
- Payback
- Spite / WoW / Toxic
- Snatch / Counter / WoW / Toxic
Stall makes Payback goes always to 100 base power, Spite with stall means that the last attack the opponent uses will always be "spite'd", but you can also try the "double status" but if you do so keep a Heatran counter in the hand, specially if he switchs in WoW

Snatch's priority is sexy.

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stall
EVs: 172 HP / 80 Atk / 132 Def / 124 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Recover
- Payback
- Spite / WoW / Toxic
- Snatch / Counter / WoW / Toxic
Stall makes Payback goes always to 100 base power, Spite with stall means that the last attack the opponent uses will always be "spite'd", but you can also try the "double status" but if you do so keep a Heatran counter in the hand, specially if he switchs in WoW

Snatch's priority is sexy.
Sableye's stats are just too low to work in OU, period. This set relies on surviving a long time and being a tank but Sableye won't be able to do that since its HP and defenses are bad. PP stalling with Spite is a very bad strategy for something with so little survivability and this Sableye is shafted by anything that doesn't mind its status move of choice.

Maybe in NU, though.

Here's my lure forretress that I've been using to eliminate shizzle like Magnezone, Infernape and Heatran, as they are really annoying for my team

Forretress @ Expert Belt
Sturdy
252 HP/172 Atk/84 SpD
Relaxed
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Payback/Explosion
-Spikes/Toxic Spikes

Pretty simple stuff; bring forry in on something he isn't afraid of, Sub on the switch. Depending on what they bring in, use the right move. If it is something weak to EQ (notably Heatran/Magnezone/Infernape), proceed to kick their ass. With SR down, Scarf Heatran and 176 HP Magnezone will be KOed by the Expert Belt EQ, while Infernape has a 80% chance of getting KOed. Meanwhile, if Rotom-A comes in, you can get a clean 2hko against the standard Rotom-A with lefties 96% of the time, while the 84 SpD EVs allow you to survive a max SpA, unboosted Thunderbolt after SR and a Substitute. Payback also allows you to deal with various pokemon from Gengar to Latias as well. If these ghosts/psychics don't particularly faze you, Explosion will help stop the likes of Gyarados and Salamence from setting up in your face, KOing them after an Intimidate. The last slow goes to an entry hazard of your choice (SR isn't included because you need it for kills), and you can use these entry hazards when you don't feel particularly pressured.

Keep in mind this Forry's main goal is being the ultimate lure (heatran/mag always switch in); entry hazards are almost secondary.

Forretress @ Expert Belt
Sturdy
252 HP/172 Atk/84 SpD
Relaxed
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Payback/Explosion
-Spikes/Toxic Spikes
I like this set, I might try it out.

Rotom-A are really popular, so Explosion shouldn't really be considered. Rapid Spin in the last slot is also a decent choice if you have Salamence or Gyarados or whatever on your team.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tell me what you guys think of this:

Smearlge
@ Silk Scarf
Adamant (Atk+, SpA-)
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

- Belly Drum
- Extremespeed
- Aqua Jet
- Explosion / Mach Punch

Priority Smeargle. The strategy is easy to pull off. Belly Drum on something that doesn't want to take Spore or something that can't hurt you. After Belly Drum you reach 608 Attack. The thing that seperates Smeargle from the other Belly Drum users is access to STAB priority. Extremespeed will kill every sort of fragile Pokemon while Aqua Jet gives you the Normal / Water coverage only resisted by Empoleon and Shedinja. The last slot is a crucial choice. Explosion allows you to OHKO max HP / max Def Skarmory and will almost OHKO every single wall in the metagame. Mach Punch will allow you to hit Empoleon and Steel-types.

Tell me what you guys think of this:

Smearlge
@ Silk Scarf
Adamant (Atk+, SpA-)

- Belly Drum
- Extremespeed
- Aqua Jet
- Explosion / Mach Punch

Priority Smeargle. The strategy is easy to pull off. Belly Drum on something that doesn't want to take Spore or something that can't hurt you. After Belly Drum you reach 608 Attack. The thing that seperates Smeargle from the other Belly Drum users is access to STAB priority. Extremespeed will kill every sort of fragile Pokemon while Aqua Jet gives you the Normal / Water coverage only resisted by Empoleon and Shedinja. The last slot is a crucial choice. Explosion allows you to OHKO max HP / max Def Skarmory and will almost OHKO every single wall in the metagame. Mach Punch will allow you to hit Empoleon and Steel-types.
I'd definitely add baton pass somewhere on this set, because of the threat of faster priority users, or those that can survive your onslaught and ohko right back with their own priority moves, for example, the standard choiced Scizor can survive a +6 extremespeed, only doing (38.78% - 45.77%) and Scizor does 142.86% - 168.25%. Even Lucario survives, doing 52.48% - 62.06%, while doing 97.22% - 114.68% back to Smeargle, ohkoing about 80% of the time with it's own extremespeed, and that is w/o stealth rock, one switch in and it's guaranteed. Both of these steel types can easily swap in on the belly drum and either be able to take the hit, and ohko back, since Smeargle is damn fragile.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'll only use it because of Explosion. Explosion + Belly Drum can OHKO the entire metagame except for Ghost-types and the rare Aggron and Bastiodon.

Forretress @ Expert Belt
Sturdy
252 HP/172 Atk/84 SpD
Relaxed
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Payback/Explosion
-Spikes/Toxic Spikes
If they don't see the leftovers, they'll suspect Shed Shell and might not switch in Magnezone, so unless expert belt ensures the OHKO/2HKO, i think leftovers might be better.

Perhaps swapping the hp and attack evs would do, 252 evs would guarantee the kill against Magnezone dealing (107.80% - 127.66%).

Smearlge
@ Silk Scarf
Adamant (Atk+, SpA-)

- Belly Drum
- Extremespeed
- Aqua Jet
- Explosion / Mach Punch
I posted this set on another forum a month or so ago.

I've been thinking about using a Technician Smeargle as a revenge killer, for the lulz.

Smeargle @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Shard
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch / Bullet Punch / Aqua Jet / Quick Attack

That's a whole 228 attack. Ice Shard can kill Dragons at 25% or so. Fake Out is just STAB. Sucker Punch hits Ghosts. Mach Punch Tyranitar and Weavile, Aqua Jet Infernape, Bullet Punch... nothing, really. 252 HP can be shifted to SpAtk for Vacuum Wave.

Perhaps swapping the hp and attack evs would do, 252 evs would guarantee the kill against Magnezone dealing (107.80% - 127.66%).
You only need 247 attack (124 EVs) to OHKO a 172/0 Magnezone (Steel Killer set, standard Scarfzone run only 4 HP, which will die to a 0 attack EV Forretress). 234 attack (72 EVs) OHKOs 172/0 Magnezone after stealth rock If you just want a 2HKO, even min- Forretress will 2HKO a max/max+ Magnezone, and you will never run into that situation.

I'm testing this set for a while. It works most of times, but it's easily walled. But it's not the main role for it. It's supposed to lure some physical attackers and bring them down, to help other pokemon like DDTar or SDWeavile sweep later. Why Slowking ? As Slowking lures physical attackers much easier then Slowbro, giving this set much bigger chance to do it's job. This set is made for OU, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in lower tiers. Anyway, here it is:

Moveset Name: Trick Room Bait
Slowking @ Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Def
Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spe)
~ Psychic / Surf
~ Flamethrower
~ Focus Blast
~ Trick Room

Idea behind this set is really simple - use Trick Room against something, which won't stay in and hope, that something like Scizor, Weavile or TTar switch in. My suggestion is to use this in mid-game, when you know at least 2-3 of opponents pokemon, making this more effective, as using this too early may ruin some surprise value. EVs are really simple - HP Evs gives you neccesary bulk and maximum power to wear down opponents. Surf or Psychic are a STAB Choice. Psychic helps to deal with Heracross and Surf hits more stuff for neutral and has better coverage. However remember that with Surf Salamence and Gyarados completely wall you, so I recommend running Psychic, as letting them set up may by dangerous. But if you think you can handle them, go with Surf. You may also try to find a place for Ice Beam or HP Electric if you really need to deal with Gyara or Salamence. Flamethrower is obviously for Scizor, which most of times happily switches on pokemon like Slowking. Focus Blast finishes in one shot 252 HP Tyranitar and Weavile. Unfortunately HP Fighting doesn't hit hard enough to finish TTar in one shot and Focus Blasts accuracy is shaky... but it's risk which you can't avoid in dealing with TTar by using Slowking. I need to test it a bit more, but in those few battles I say it's not bad. Just remember to not use it to early. Maybe someone will like this ? ;)

So hi Smogon. I lurk a lot, don't post much. This is my first real contributive post, so it's probably really, really stupid. I just don't know it yet. BTW, I would say this moveset belongs in UU or NU.

Moveset Name: Recovery sweeper (couldn't think of anything better)
Raichu @ Enigma Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
~ Volt Tackle
~ Brick Break
~ Quick Attack
~ Substitute

The idea is to use Raichu as a fast sweeper with Substitute and Enigma Berry as a recovery option after Raichu takes recoil damage from Volt Tackle.

Quick Attack is important to deal with Focus Sash'd Pokémon before Stealth Rock is in play. Brick Break is just... there, as a decent powered Physical move that can deal damage if Raichu can't take any more recoil from Volt Tackle. I'm still looking for ideas on that last move, if anyone wants to help.

Note that this is simply a creative moveset that I don't think anyone's tried before, and I'm seeing what you guys think.

EDIT: Fuck, I don't know what I'm doing. >_<

I don't get it.

"Heals this Pokémon 25% when struck by a super effective move."
Mos EQs will deal more than 25% damage.

Enigma berry doesn't stop the damage from the attack from taking place. That's why its never used, pretty much any super effective attack is going to do more than 25% damage, and pretty much any earthquake is going to OHKO Raichu anyways.

It's obvious you've never tested this, and you don't have a very good working knowledge of theory. Please, when offering one of these movesets, first use the Pokemon in a team, and see how well it does. It gives your own content more merit and refines your set.

Its because of the enigma berry^

edit: saw Darth Meanie's post and that makes senses. Otherwise you would probably see it all the time on scizors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)