New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azelf - Trick while it uses Stealth Rock and get your own rocks up, and Leaf Storm is a 2HKO (sash).

Aerodactyl - Trick on the Taunt and 2HKO (sash) with Leaf Storm. If it uses Stealth Rock on the Trick, you can get your own rocks up.
just posting to note that you seem to forget that trick gives you the opposing leads item; they won't have their sash anymore.

Hitmonchan@leftovers
Jolly

252 atk 252 spd 6 hp

Bulk Up
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Drain Punch

This works great as a NU sweeper. Bulk up while they switch in their physical wall, and keep bulking up until they switch in a special sweeper. Hitmonchan has great SpDef, so a non-super effective attack shouldn't ko. Drain punch will hit the sweeper on their weaker defense, and you will regain your hp. Thunderpunch and Ice punch are for coverage, although you could replace Ice punch for Fire punch.

Hitmonchan@leftovers
Jolly

252 atk 252 spd 6 hp

Bulk Up
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Drain Punch

This works great as a NU sweeper. Bulk up while they switch in their physical wall, and keep bulking up until they switch in a special sweeper. Hitmonchan has great SpDef, so a non-super effective attack shouldn't ko. Drain punch will hit the sweeper on their weaker defense, and you will regain your hp. Thunderpunch and Ice punch are for coverage, although you could replace Ice punch for Fire punch.
The number one Physical wall in NU, Dusclops, competely walls this set because it is unaffected by Drain Punch and only hit for neutral damage by the elemental punches. Worse, Dusclops can burn Hitmonchan, completely shutting it down unless there is an Aromatherapy or Heal Bell Pokemon on your team. This Hitmonchan set can also not break Muk either, and Muk can set up Curses and Rest off the damage.

2 umbreons. Proof of OU right here

yeah So my team utilizes umbreon. I run a favorites team and i have only one slot available to choose as a pokemon. Umbreon has proven to be the most fun for that slot. Here are 2 that I've found that are very effective.

Umbreon (M) @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mean Look
- Baton Pass
- Pursuit
- Yawn

This guy is all mind games really. He is capable of OHKO fleeing gengar, rotom, latias, starmie after stealth rock. He does 35% to your average fleeing blissey. After seeing the pursuit, players will not want to switch on umbreon, leaving you free to meanlook/baton pass. Yawn is so no one setups on you. the Evs aren't perfect but his atk is on par with 0atkEv absol, with many times better defenses. Its especially funny when you yawn then pursuit.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/92 Def/164 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Torment
- Mean Look
- Baton Pass

This second umbreon is really fun. Umbreon comes in and uses mean look. 1 of 2 things will happen. Either they stay in, you pass, you own their pokemon. 2: The second thing they do is switch in a pokemon that can escape. You have Scizor with uturn, skarmory or hippowdon with roar/whirlwind. This umbreon stops that cold. Once they switch into your mean look, you protect. you block their uturn, roar or whirlwind. From there you use torment. They are unable to repeat the move. You can now baton pass without threat of whirlwind/roar. In choice users case, you can protect every other turn and watch them struggle to death. I still prefer to baton pass, because scizors cb technician struggle does surprisingly a lot of damage. Speed Evs are such you outspeed the average scizor and skarmory.

Granted this aint perfect. Both umbreons have serious trouble with sub DD tyranitar. Oddly enough a sub DD tyranitar is my teams biggest weakness XD. If anyone can turn umbreon into a tyranitar counter, much respect.

lol neato those sets are actually pretty cool. the first one is still able to ML/BP but also retains the utility of a pursuiter while the second one laughs at the most common ways teams deal with umbreon. i might have to try these out sometime just for fun heh

I like the first Umbreon set, it's kind of like Sucker Punch / Focus Punch Pokemon sets, where you can really destroy an opponent with good prediction.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
My biggest problem with the two sets is how bad Taunt screws you up. Umbreon's low Speed doesn't do anything to help it, either. Assuming something with a higher Speed (which there are many of) does Taunt you, you are reduced to one move on the first set and Struggle on the second; neither a great idea.

taunt destroys every umbreon set tho. With the second umbreon, now only faster taunts hurt. Even against a faster taunt, if you torment on the switch, your opponent now has to play a guessing game as opposed to just taunting like they would every other umbreon.

Also, I think some of you guys are missing the point of the first umbreon. You pursuit first, say gengar, rotom latias, etc. If they bring someone in like lucario, you yawn and switch. The idea is to make them want to stay in. Its a total mind game set.

Another umbreon set

This other umbreon set is kinda strange but Its probably really effective:

EVS 252 hp 184 def 74 Spe

Its

Substitute
Swagger
Wish
Torment

First you Sub
then you Swag
then you Wish
Then you Torment
Then you Swag as many more times as you want and wish as needed

You could also put mean look there to make it so the guys dont switch or anything

Its probably really annoying to have your poke kill itself in confusion

that and i am in love with swagger

Involves a lot of luck tho

Well, that would probably only work against special sweepers, because if you Swagger a Gyarados or Scizor, and do not get the luck you want, you are as good as done.

i did try the set, but i hate ev training so much so i just simulated the ev points

I just like the thought of the frustration induced by your pokemon killing itself while umbreon laughs

and also, the thing about this set is that you get what you put in like in gambling. if you use swagger on a gyaridos or scizor, just imagine the damage! oh god... it could be like a OHKO on itself!

Check this out. Recently I got interested in Ubers, right? So I needed a lead that could kill every single other lead out there. It has some problems, but take a look. Don't think anyone has tried this yet.

Set Name: Choice Scarf Anti-Lead
Mewtwo@ Choice Scarf
Pressure
Modest/Timid
4 HP/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed

Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Grass Knot

Comments:
This is meant as an Anti-Lead. It dosent make that much of a revenge killer. It can take down all the top leads in Ubers within two hits, so its really great to net some quick kills early on.

Moveset
Fire Blast are for Forretress and Shaymin-S leads.
Shadow Ball kills the Deoxys forms and other Mewtwo.
Focus Blast wrecks Dialga, Darkrai, and Tyranitar.
Grass Knot defeats Groudon and Kyogre.

Item Choice:
Choice Scarf is your best option here, you will outspeed enemy leads and then kill them with the respective move. Lum Berry or even Focus Sash can be used here, but the overall goal is to kill the opponents lead, not be a status absorber or suicide lead.

EV's and Nature
The EV's are a simple 4/252/252 spread that allow maximum speed or power based on your nature. The nature choice is trick, Modest gives you some extra "oomf" into your attacks, while Timid guarentees you outrun Darkrai, whos trailing not far behind in the speed category.

Flaws
This thing is set up bait for any Rayquaza variant. For example, if I Focus Blast Darkrai to death, and Rayquaza comes in then your pretty much screwed.

Heres what it does to the top ten leads as of July 2009

1. Deoxys-Speed: OHKO with Shadow Ball
2. Deoxys-Attack: OHKO with Shadow Ball
3. Kyogre: 2HKO with Grass Knot
4. Groudon: 2HKO with Grass Knot
5. Dialga: 2HKO with Focus Blast-You might want to switch out here.
6. Darkrai: OHKO with Focus Blast
7. Shaymin-S: OHKO with Fire Blast
8. Mewtwo: 2HKO with Shadow Ball
9. Forretress: OHKO with Fire Blast
10. Mew: 2HKO with Shadow Ball

Other Options
Ice Beam can be used to hit Rayquaza on a possible switch, Thunder can hit Lugia, Aura Sphere is a much more reliable option compared to Focus Blast.

Like it? Hate it?

Gardevoir
Nature: Bold
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp Def
Ability: Trace

Moveset:
Thunderbolt,
Icy Wind,
Wish,
Will-o-Wisp.

The idea is to come in on a certain pokemon, Trace their ability (Intimidate, Motor Drive, Flash Fire, Volt/Water Absorb, etc, I'm looking at you.) Proceed to attack with your move of choice, While sponging their other Un-STAB attacks with your bolstered defenses.

Thunderbolt is for Gyarados and other Water or Flying types. Icy Wind might prove to be more useful than it first appears, as apart from the superb coverage it is also guaranteed to lower enemy speed by one stage every hit, so you can literally wipe out the speed boosts of Dragon Dancers and frail yet fast sweepers.

Will-o-Wisp and Wish round of the set, the former maiming the physical attackers and walls that Gardevoir can't OHKO and racking up residual damage, perhaps bringing them into KO range by priority move users.
Wish helps with self-healing and the general theme of team support.

This set is designed to be used in OU to help counter certain threats, such as the afforementioned Salamence and Gyarados, while maintaining Gardevoir's excellent team support abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)